[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth reading everything that is there or should I go straight

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Is it worth reading everything that is there or should I go straight forward to exercises (if there are any). I am not a complete beginner but I would like to work on my measurement and overall proportion skills so I want to read that book.

Also I heard that there is a smaller version of it without all the science talk, can anyone link it?
>>
There are 2 books, main one and workbook. Skip what you'd like, exercises are important. Talking is kinda tolerable, there's good information there, not scientific but made with good intent.
>>
The book itself is dumb, it is full of falacies and she lacks knowledge in neuroscience, but the exercises are excelent. It will remove any excuses that you have about drawing and you will learn that it is all about technique.

Read it, it is fast, but do not believe the pseudo science about the brain.
>>
>>2833659
Also, you should only read mostly to remove your limitations, after that, you will need to study a real course.
>>
>>2833659
>tfw read it and believe in the actual science in the book
How does it feel to know you're not gonna make it and I will?
>>
>>2833669
???
>>
I just want to get better at measuring, I dont need to reassure myself that i am able to draw or anything like that. Just straight skill
>>
>>2833686
Then the book is useless for you. Get to measuring.
>>
>>2833687
I feel like it takes much more time than it should, I need some tips how to get more efficient with this whole deal
>>
>>2833729
I always recomend for 'I have never held a pencil my whole life' to do this book first then Keys.

Because if you want to get gud fast you study everything.
>>
File: 432638_orig.jpg (113KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
432638_orig.jpg
113KB, 720x540px
Upside down picasso is really helpful exercise
>>
>>2833729
>more time than it should
Which is? What? Like dude, there's no standard of time for this. It's all about you getting it right, time is irrelevant unless you're taking years on a basic piece. Efficiency just comes with experience, so just it do it a lot.
>>
File: File Dec 03, 2 43 21 PM.jpg (130KB, 712x950px) Image search: [Google]
File Dec 03, 2 43 21 PM.jpg
130KB, 712x950px
>>
>>2834079
What did they mean by this
>>
>>2833650
Try Keys to Dtawing. It teaches the same stuff without the science talk.
>>
>>2834074
Ah, yes, the "newfags will just kill themselves after they check the result" exercise.
>>
>>2833659
>lacks knowledge in neuroscience
Like neuroplasticity and stuff?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.