[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, sorry to bother, but I'm writing to you because I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: turd_polishing.jpg (196KB, 476x858px) Image search: [Google]
turd_polishing.jpg
196KB, 476x858px
Guys, sorry to bother, but I'm writing to you because I'm legit scared - the amount of frustration digital art has brought me makes me consider quitting art and becoming a wagecuck.

I've been progressing steadily for over two years, even started writing e-books to redpill normies on fundamentals, until about three months ago when I bought a tablet (Giano). Every time I open up a new canvas, all motivation, inspiration and drive leaves me instantly and I end up rendering spheres and cylinders, suddenly it's midnight and I feel like I haven't moved an inch closer to becoming a decent artist.

>pic related, probably the farthest I ever took something
Where do I start, how do I get to that sweet spot where I produce something finished and have a consistent work process?
Did I just fell for a cruel joke that art isn't supposed to be fun and it's just 20 mins of sketching and then 20 fucking hours of mindless zoom in/zoom out turd polishing?
>>
File: 1485384711541.png (23KB, 595x160px) Image search: [Google]
1485384711541.png
23KB, 595x160px
>>
>>2833417

Do traditional, scan it, make a clean-up and maybe coloring/some adjustment in digital.

Here, probrem solved.
>>
>>2833417
>I'm scared so I stay in my comfort zone
>Why am I not improving?
Embrace the fear and get out of your comfort zone. You will improve and get back on track. Just take the time to get shit done. Drawing though is seriously way quicker than the rendering process though. Rendering takes forever until you're good at it and even then it still takes a long time because now you know how to polish.
>>
>>2833427
>>2833428
Thanks, I appreciate the insight.
>>
>>2833417
Maybe try experimenting with all the different brush settings. Draw the same thing multiple ways and see how the outcome & behavior changes.

For instance, the pic you posted uses only one consistent line thickness, instead of varying by pen pressure. This would make it behave more like a brush pen or G-pen nib.

Just a thought, perhaps you'll find a configuration that feels good.
>>
>>2833417
I'm not a professional, I'm teaching myself, I have 5 months practicing. First month was a nightmare so I want to share with you what I learned.

1. Digital art is to smooth and more when you use opacity. the Solution that I found is; use a hard brush with no opacity or softer for the edges and just use opacity to blend then erase with a hard brush (opacity) the mistakes.

2. Use the brush pressure sensore.

3. As a beginner brace with a standard brush (hard brush) ovals, balls and squares. Applying #1 advice.

4. COLOR THEORY and gray scale. Every color has a value range. the lightest blue will look darker than the lighter yellow. The reflect light is no more lighter than the mid tone. The core shadow is more saturated.

And more thinks. Hope that help you. The first one is the most important. Also I learned that if I don't enjoy painting and drawing I will no improve, I practice a lot but I enjoy.
>>
>>2833417
do traditional / pencil, pen whatever drawings and finish them digitaly

I can't start shit digitaly, it frustrates me as it feels nothing like drawing or painting.
>>
>>2833417
Traditional workflow isnt carried over to digital at all, its natural that you are frustrated.
I for example am drawing / "rendering" with a soft pencil on paper all day every day and the only way i can have fun doing digital (right now at least) resembles oil painting wheres i desperately want to achieve a clean, cute, dumbed down anime style to get that patreon cash in near future.
Its frustrating me too.

You have to give it more time and more practice that isnt inhibited by worrying.
As stated already you have to experiment to find whats most comfortable for you and then move from there to what you want to achieve.
Draw the same thing with different techniques / workflows. Itll be hit'n'miss at first but you will see through the shit and understand where you are supposed to go.

If you want to bruteforce your way straight into what "style" you want to achieve digitally fast, you have to start at square one. Go on da or some shit and consume one sonic-colouring-tutorial after the other. Its a different medium, just because you have some skill doesnt mean you adapt to a new toolset effortlessly.

>Giano
Never heard of that. Inb4 this turns into /g/ tablets - youll want to get a wacom in the long-term just for the feel of the pen (instead of that wobbly plastic feeling of chinese that merely "gets the job done"). Size doesnt matter (unless you are obsessed with linework).

>Where do I start, how do I get to that sweet spot where I produce something finished
Finishing a picture let alone having it look "finished" is fucking difficult for me too, you might want to hear opinions of someone who isnt a beginner like me - the usual thing i heard is getting used to spending a lot of time until you have your own efficient workflow.

>and have a consistent work process?
Thats just as in traditional, experiment, rinse, repeat.

Godspeed
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.