[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I be the best possible help for the artists of /ic/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: art_teacher.jpg (41KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
art_teacher.jpg
41KB, 600x338px
How can I be the best possible help for the artists of /ic/?

Having drawn all my life, art is a part of me. Took numerous classes all throughout school. Lately I've been reading and studying more than ever, blazing through books and videos. I might not be the best artist but I think I've accumulated enough knowledge and mechanical know-how throughout the course of my life to be of some assistance here.

Day in and day out for the past few years I check /ic/, browsing the catalog to see what's going on with everyone. I post here and there, but I've always wanted to be more involved. Both to help others and to learn more for myself that I might not be aware of yet. If I could give the best possible critique on a regular basis, I would love to do so.

Going to bed soon. I hope to see some replies in the morning. If not, I'll do what I can on my own.

TL;DR: How can I be regularly involved with the artists on /ic/? What threads should I keep an eye on? I want to help in any way that I can. I want to be here for you. Please tell me how I can do that.
>>
give critique where you can

what sort of answer were you expecting
>>
Hang around the recurring threads like the alternate art and beginner threads and help there because at least people in those places have relevant questions and are actually drawing and looking for advice. Most one off threads by contrast are dumbasses who'd rather waste their time shitting on other artists or bitching about how they're never gonna make it so it's not even worth bothering to "help" those people out.
>>
>>2832925

Post work.
>>
>>2832925

Basically this >>2832938 , no matter if there is shitposting around or not. Give serious critique not filled with vulgarities, but with analytical thoughts and a bit of encouragement. I always try to do that and I think people appreciate it.

Last time I gave some thoughts about what I see and what I would change to a girl that is much better than me. All people around were telling her that she is whiny, that she is better than 100% of /ic/ and it is her attention whoring. Welp, that doesn't help. I'd like to think my post helped as she replied to it and agreed with some points while thanking me.

So...yeah. Try being analytical and helpful I guess.
>>
File: 1485447427-picsay.jpg (316KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1485447427-picsay.jpg
316KB, 1080x1920px
C=utique meplease
>>
File: cthulhu_post.jpg (460KB, 1020x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cthulhu_post.jpg
460KB, 1020x1200px
>>2832938
Well sure, that's the obvious answer. But "where I can" is subjective. If I were to give critiques in every thread at all times, it would quickly become strenuous. I don't know if you've looked at the catalog lately but a lot of threads are pure nonsense. My original question was asked so I can find out where I should be putting my effort. Which specific threads I should be watching. Things like that.
>>2833035
This is pretty much what I was thinking. Stick to the general threads. Those one-off threads are a bit cringe-worthy, both the ones with a single piece of art asking for a critique and the ones revolving around a popular artist. I'll stick to threads with people who appreciate an honest discussion/critique.
>>2833037
Pic related was my final Inktober drawing on Halloween. I'm pretty confident when it comes to traditional art, stuff involving pencils and ink. Pastels and charcoal I'm okay with, never got into paint when I was younger. Been doing digital art for about ten years, but only recently have I really been teaching myself about every nook and cranny about Photoshop and how to draw digitally in the most effective way possible. Always more to learn.
>>2833040
You've basically described the kind of "critiquer" I want to be. Someone positive and easy to talk to. Someone who knows enough about art that they can specifically define what they're trying to say. I agree with how you described some folks' attitude on this board, how they jump to conclusions and try to read between the lines when there's nothing there to read. I just want to be friendly and helpful.
>>2833132
My first piece of advice is to buy a scanner. Your lines are a bit bumpy, but your line weight is decent enough. Other than that, it's an abstract thing you've drawn here. What sort of advice are you looking for? What are you trying to improve?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.