[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need adv /ic/. I've attended a 3d course in max and my father

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1484357351295.jpg (37KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1484357351295.jpg
37KB, 600x337px
Need adv /ic/.
I've attended a 3d course in max and my father told this to an aquaintance of his who now wants me to come over to their video game studio and show sum stuff. They always need help with some very basic models and shit.
My issue is: no1 I am a 2D artist primarily
no2 max sucks and I'm planning on switching to Zbrush like the whole rest of the industry.
so I was thinking maybe doing a very low poly model in max and doing a proper sculpt in zbrush plus hand in my concepts for the thing I'll do.
the catch is i never used zbrush properly and i dont want to give off the impression that im primarily a 3d artist. The studio isnt really AAA but it definetly aint indie either.
wat do ic?? Should i just send in crappy max model (wich this guy knows i can do) or step up my game and do a zbrush model instead + concepts (wich he doesnt know i do)? Its nothing serious but it is a chance to see whats the industry like. Should i go balls deep or do what my dather told the guy i do. Hes already asking if ill come by or not, hes a senior 3D artist there.
>>
Also forgot to mention he is fully aware im a total 3d beginner. They steel need help modeling rocks and buckets
>>
>>2831778
>2d arist primarly
from what youre telling us, thats not the case anymore. take it or leave it. you cant do both.
>>
>>2831778

I would just talk to them about before hand. And if you don't have time or know how to get in contact with them prepare some stuff with max and zbrush. Show them the max and let them know the situation and if they are interested in seeing the other stuff you are prepared. If you want to do this, go for it. If your main reason for not wanting to shoot for this is that you are not a 3d artist as you say fine, but don't write it off entirely, as you can get work experience and possibly some connections down line line (plus they will pay you).
>>
>>2831804
Thanks senpai. Thats rly it im not a 3d artist but its a chance to make a bit of money for an actual known gaming company. The oportunity is simply too good
>>
>>2831778

>max sucks and I'm planning on switching to Zbrush like the whole rest of the industry.

No shit. You proved that you are 10000% a 2d artist.
>>
>>2831813
Exactly senpai. When did u see a 2d artist using max instead of zbrush for their work? Im talking from the perspective of a 2d artist using 3d as a tool sometimes. Not a full time 3d artist. I have no use for max unless i'll need some perspective/city scape shit (which is simply faster to draw than place in max).
>>
>>2831812

Good luck, anon. Just remember don't half-ass it, plan to give it your best or don't bother.
>>
>>2831778
Tell him what you wrote here, then do more than you have to.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.