[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really love the concept of drawing but I really hate the learning

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: mfw.jpg (66KB, 708x594px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
66KB, 708x594px
I really love the concept of drawing but I really hate the learning aspect of it. The love/hate relationship is strong here, anyone else feeling the same?
>>
>>2829119
Yes, I loathe literally every single thing about learning to draw. No memeing. Drawing fucking sucks. I gave up video game development, writing, and film theory just to develop my skill in drawing, but it turned out to be utter shit. Absolutely every single person I have met IRL and on internet has shit taste in art. Jesus. No one praises Giotto, Vasari, Lippi, and Masaccio for the search for the ultimate truth they convey in their paintings anymore. In this modern age painting as a form of art is seen as either one of these things, the search of the self, mockery of the world, political propaganda, or just a showoff of skill. Nobody understands art. What a wretched form of art drawing is. I have lost all faith in painting. Stop now before it's too late.
>>
>I'd love the prize but I hate the hard work needed to achieve it
Story of the world.
>>
>>2829146
Drawing is like a crucifixion. First you need to drag your bleeding ass while carrying a log of wood to the top of the hill, then at the hill you'll be nailed and left alone to your death.
>>
>>2829146
The prize is not worth the work.
>>
>>2829140
>>2829159
Fuck off please, it's nobody's fault if you've been too stupid to realize you never enjoyed drawing in the first place
>>
>>2829156
>Drawing is like a crucifixion. First you need to drag your bleeding ass while carrying a log of wood to the top of the hill, then at the hill you'll be nailed and left alone to your death.
That'll be good on a shirt maing.
>>
>>2829172
Fuck off with your "you simply dont enjoy drawing lol!" meme. If it were true I wouldnt be here and I wouldnt discuss it with some autistic fucks about stuff I dont like

I like drawing but it requires too much work at the beginning.
>>
>>2829156
No, drawing is like jelqing. First you need to consistently do a bunch of bullshit practice for months until you even see amy progress, and when you finally reach your goal, you are left with a soft, floppy dick that no one is impressed by, anyway.
>>
It gets better (and if it doesn't after a year or two find a new hobby).

A majority of people who say "drawing should always be fun and blissful!" are either memeing you or delusional. Practice, if you're doing it right, should be gruelling now and then. It should push you out of your comfort zone, which is a thing people naturally find (you guessed it) uncomfortable, often frustrating. It's worse at the start because the entire process is outside your comfort zone and unrewarding (your product is almost guaranteed to suck), but after a while you acquire a comfort with the process and that's when it starts becoming fun. And, once you're better, drawing something good is a very rewarding feeling, as is that tangible feeling of "wow I've come a long way from when I started".

That said, if you're not willing to invest the effort, too bad I guess. Bitching won't fix that for you, though, there's nothing /ic/ can tell you that'll change your situation, so you're just going to get shit on instead.
>>
>>2829195
Maybe if you actually enjoyed drawing you wouldn't be here whining like a bitch about how hard it is
You don't enjoy drawing, you want the result of good drawing skill with none of the effort and actual drawing
>>
>>2829140
>search for the ultimate truth
literal autism

go sit on platos dick
>>
>>2829140

Is this a new copypasta like the "cancelled my schoolism membership"?

If not it should be.
>>
>>2829315
I know that I enjoy drawing because I can spend hours and hours on it. Especially if there is something I can handle, I can do it for a really long time. But the stuff that I am actually able to do is almost nonexistent so its more of pain than fun
>>
>>2829119
Nah man, can't say I agree.

The most enjoyable part of drawing to me is the high degree of focus it requires. When I practice drawing, I have to focus my entire mind on the drawing. There just isn't room for any worries, anxities, doubts, bullshit thoughts. Just me and the drawing.

And that's the part I enjoy the most. I can just escape all my worries and my everyday life. It's like I don't have to be me anymore, at least for a few hours. I don't have to live my life, I get a little escape into the total mental world of drawing.

That feeling, of being able to be free from any other thought, and totally focussed on the activity is what I enjoy most about drawing. Not really the end result, although that's also nice.

It's really therapeutic in a way. Like some kind of full focus meditation or something.

I used to get this "total focus mode" from video games, but at a point I figured that it's kind of a directionless pursuit. Put all the time in, and you end up with the skill of being good at games. Meh, I don't really care about being good at games. At least drawing art is something that you can end up with an end product you can show off to people.

But in the end, for me it's not really so much about the end result. I mean of course, I want to get better. But the thing I enjoy the most is the process. Just being able to put your whole mind's focus and attention into the task, and not think or worry about the rest of the bullshit in my life, especially after dealing with work bs, and other people bs, etc.

Other people probably get the same escape from their hobbies, playing music or something, or from passive escapism like doing drugs or watching movies or tv.

I just like to get out my paper and pencil, let my mind get absorbed, and have all my worries go away.
>>
>>2829358
le relativism meme xD you showed that asshole how he was wrong bro
>>
>>2829297
this should be stickied
>>
>>2829463
>dude the truth is just out there xDDD le absolute singularity of being X-Dd let me tell you about this cave 8^D
>>
>>2829408
I agree. I find drawing very meditative, and I'm left feeling happier after I draw. The only hard part I have is getting into that headspace. It takes a bit of effort and deliberate concentration to get there and get my mind off of whatever other bullshit is going on, and some days it just doesn't happen.
>>
>>2829408
Are you me? I've recently lost all interest in video games for the very same reason. Feels like I wasted a massive portion of my life on them.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.