[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's the best place to learn about the forearm? I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ss (2017-01-22 at 10.49.08).png (79KB, 447x610px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-01-22 at 10.49.08).png
79KB, 447x610px
Where's the best place to learn about the forearm? I'm finding books different to comprehend, even Bridgeman.
>>
>>2827134

Bridgman fucking sucks if you want to learn anatomy. Convoluted descriptive text and an abundance of drawings that are too loose to learn anything from.
>>
>>2827136
can you offer me an alternative? i feel clueless
>>
>>2827136
don't blame your low IQ why you can't comprehend something
>>
>>2827141
Michael Hampton, Krenz Cushart, Anatomy for artists, Google images, etc
>>
>>2827134

When learning anatomy, you don't want to go from simple to complex, like Bridgman or Proko, trying to create a realistic form from simplification because there's not enough information in the simplified form. You want to go from complex to simple, to distill the facts by your own effort and develop your own shorthand for important forms and details.. And most importantly, understand the form in 3D that you're trying to capture.

Watch medical anatomy videos to get an idea of what it is you're trying to learn and translate into 2d art: https://archive.org/details/UpperExtremity

Books that divide muscles and bones by name, like Goldfinger's Human Anatomy for Artists, Winslow's Classic Human Anatomy

Learn your Latin and look up important bones, muscle insertions, the effect of movement etc. You can learn anatomy from Google images once you know what to look for. The forearm is such an important, complex area that you don't want to skip on the various small parts

Gradually add all these parts up into the surface form...
>>
>>2827163
THat's currently what I'm doing but it seemed like a super convoluted way to do it, I keep jumping between anatomy books to understand the forms.
>>
>>2827166

It's time consuming but that's what it takes if you don't want to draw weebshit. Bones are the most important since they support everything else and are the most consistent regardless of angle and movement. it's mostly a matter of doing A LOT of studies.
>>
>>2827169
Have you any good places for irl references that clear out these things?
>>
>>2827169
>It's time consuming but that's what it takes if you don't want to draw weebshit.
nice meme
>>
>>2827166
Don't listen this retard, anon. Use this >>2827156
>>
>>2827134
Hampton is god-tier
>>
get /fit/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.