[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I tell the difference between realist art & photocopy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: realist-or-photocopy.jpg (85KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
realist-or-photocopy.jpg
85KB, 640x800px
How do I tell the difference between realist art & photocopy art?

They all kinda look the same to me but /ic/ has reamed me out in the past for not understanding the difference.
>>
File: photocopy.jpg (49KB, 960x815px) Image search: [Google]
photocopy.jpg
49KB, 960x815px
As an example I think this drawing of qt ari is human photocopier-tier rite? Complete guess... I don't know WHY it's photocopy instead of realist, but it looks flat enough to assume that
>>
File: fineart.jpg (25KB, 640x724px) Image search: [Google]
fineart.jpg
25KB, 640x724px
One more example here that I think is realist art... again I can't say why I think so, but this drawing seems more constructed

All realist & photocopy stuff seems to mimic reality in a very precise way. Yet /ic/ shits on photocopy but glorifies realist

And I can't tell the difference so I'm left mouth agape drool falling from my lower lip as I question the true value of my optic nerves
>>
>>2827119
>And I can't tell the difference
Well obviously you can tell the difference considering you identified which were copied and which were drawn.
>>
>>2827119
1. draw more
2. realize the photorealistic ones look like shit
>>
It's flat as shit.
>>
With realist art, the artist makes concious choices in abstractions and designs his darks and lights to create a 3d illusion on a 2d surface. With photocopies, the camera does all the abstracting without concious effort on which parts you want to stand out and you just copy evey inch.
>>
>>2827123
I can't identify them, I'm guessing. Did I guess right?

If so, I have no fucking idea why I'm right. I'm just assuming based on what other d/ic/ks have posted in the past(and how much they've reamed me into the ground for suggesting otherwise)

>>2827143
But what is the difference in drawing technique?

What does a realist artist do differently than a human photocopier?
>>
File: jim-dwight.jpg (19KB, 350x392px) Image search: [Google]
jim-dwight.jpg
19KB, 350x392px
>>2827151
This does make sense and it's a good explanation. Thnx anon
>>
>>2827157
jim halpert
>>
I would add that the camera distorts and changes the subject in ways the human eye does not. For example there's a good chance perspective will be fucked, and almost always a certain amount of fisheye warping whether you realize it or not, not to mention the lighting will be fucked if a flash is used.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.