[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

be honest /ic/ do you think you could be accepted to Cal Art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: lonk.png (519KB, 628x477px) Image search: [Google]
lonk.png
519KB, 628x477px
be honest /ic/
do you think you could be accepted to Cal Arts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB90iDxOcIg
>>
File: meow_by_G0dpr1nz.jpg (512KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
meow_by_G0dpr1nz.jpg
512KB, 900x900px
>>2821811
if this chick with this meme tier art got in then yeah.
>>
>>2821811
Absolutely not. My art is insanely generic and boring. No personality. It's enough for normie losers to enjoy it but that means nothing to me.
>>
>>2821851
I have reason to believe this particular artist (Holly Brown) was lying about getting accepted the first time. I found the source and that video is actually a rejection rant. Bitch keeps going on and on about MUH STYLE. I get it, Calarts is a rather shit and overpriced animation university, but her stiff down's syndrome sameface art would never get in.

>>2822285
Generic and boring? Perfect for Calarts desu
>>
>>2821811
jesus christ her voice is so grating. I don't normally stop watching videos because of the way people talk but I can't stand the way she fucking talks.
>>
>>2822349
yeah I looked at other videos she had, no way she got into calarts with that shit. She needs some loomis, save her ic!
>>
>>2822374
Judging by the comments in her other videos (like the sameface one) she's pretty hostile towards actual criticism.
>>
>>2821811
bitch is obviously salty because she didnt get in. the art is middle school tumblr shit and her rant is stupid as fuck, judging sketchbooks is a very intuitive way of assessing artistic skill imo and calarts has every right do to so
>>
>>2821811
how do people like her get so many subscribers?
>>
>>2822483
If only we fucking knew. Jesus H. fucking Christ on a broken dick.
>>
>>2822483
The majority of people who subscribe to art channels are 15 year old tumbloid artists who never even get to the "aspiring" phase.

They can't tell good from bad, they just see "charismatic person who art" and boom, you get draw with jazza
>>
>>2821811
>"I actually got in"
>Goes on to rant about how you can get rejected for having a sub-par sketchbook for the rest of the video

Something doesn't add up.
>>
id have no faith that someone who drew like that would improve. Fandom obsessions, overworking bad drawings.
>>
>>2822509
>boom, you get draw with jazza
that doesn't explain why competent artists like proko would collab with someone like Jazza.
>inb4 kangaroo meme
>>
>>2821811
disgusting
>>
File: 1484733121838.jpg (17KB, 455x406px) Image search: [Google]
1484733121838.jpg
17KB, 455x406px
>>2822526
>>
Christ why does she put her face in some of those thumbnails? She has the face of a potato-faced manchild.
>>
>>2822356
That voice and the overuse of "fuck" would get to anybody, not even mentioning the shrill "LIKE REALLY???!!"s

I got halfway through myself
>>
>>2822526
>that doesn't explain why competent artists like proko would collab with someone like Jazza.
Jazza has more subscribers and viewers, Stan does a collab vid, Jazza on his end says hey check out Proko and then Stan gets a few more subscribers.
>>
The only acceptable thing would be the paintings of the rose/ flower i saw a glimpse of.
Not a fan of the rest.
>>
>>2821811

Calarts is an animation school. They want to probably see your understanding of form & structure aswell as lighting color etc, more than see a book of illustrations, hence why polished sketchbooks are rejected. Especially so if they're stylized as it can heavily deviate from a lack of actual understanding, and moreso just be a case of style copying. Some of those could help to show certain aspects but the sketchbook is obviously used for a certain reason.

Like I expect a sketchbook done in a month with tons of life and form drawings, and even with very little actual color would get accepted pretty easily.
>>
>>2825715
They only really care about if you use reference material. They don't care if you make things 100% from your head, it's a bit fucked up because there are some brilliant cartoonists that create fictional cartoon poses that can only exist in imagination that would get rejected.
>>
>>2825715
This, bitch in OP link looks straight outta deviantart pleb market
>>
>sketchbook
>fills it with finished illustrations

I never understand this. Just scribble in it.
>>
File: hooboy.png (17KB, 601x219px) Image search: [Google]
hooboy.png
17KB, 601x219px
>>2822388
The same face video holy shit, the comments are quite entertaining
>>
yeah i think i would have a decent shot.
>>
>>2826796
>1663 thumbs up
>>
>>2821811
>shit art
>high pitched victim voice

no thanks
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.