[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“You’ve got … your Despairing type, who’s fine as

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

>“You’ve got … your Despairing type, who’s fine as long as he’s in the quick-improvement stage before a plateau, but then he hits a plateau and sees himself seem to stall, not getting better as fast or even seeming to get a little worse, and this type gives in to frustration and despair, because he hasn’t got the humbleness and patience to hang in there and slog, and he can’t stand the time he has to put in on plateaux, and what happens?”

How do you beat plateau?
>>
Just deal with it. Or you could buy my ebook which will solve all your problems, bit of a silver bullet.
>>
Read the rest of the excerpt that you didn't quote
>>
>>2816991
find a way to make the grind enjoyable
>>
I think I found the way to overcome this. All that time I was always thinking of the result. The result of a drawing or the result of finally becoming a glorious artist.

When you think only about the result, it's not fun. You're never satisfied. Absolutely never. You're not drawing because you like it but because you want a nice thing to look at in the end.

Now I want to seek the fun to draw, not the result. All that time I forced myself to not draw things I like, and that's fucking stupid.

Of course, the more you're good at drawing, the more you're having fun. That's why when I feel I'm not having fun drawing at something in particular I practice, practice to seek the fun.

And I'm improving like Ive never been. I'm drawing everyday because I like it, not because I want to become the next big artist.
>>
>>2818188
Sorry, but if you are an aspiring artist, your ambition will always drive your mind to results. You will be focused on that no matter what.

Personally I would kill everyone I know just so I could be magically good. I dont care about fun nor "journey", I just want to be good.
>>
File: result.png (123KB, 930x486px) Image search: [Google]
result.png
123KB, 930x486px
>>2818198
fucking Jojo told me that

I just imagined one the man I admire the most talking to me as an artist, telling me some good advices.

I know that's dumb but I'm improving like hell since a month, I'm drawing everyday, sometimes even more than 9 hours and I feel like I'm improving.

And I don't care if I become decent at the age of 30. What's the matter?
>>
>>2818210
>quoting shounen mangaka
>>
>>2818225
>quoting successful artist that makes tons of money and exposed in the Louvres museum
>>
>>2818210
You, I like you, anon. What do you want to draw so badly that you're taking upon this journey?
>>
>>2818228
>quoting someone that does shounen manga and makes content just to make money even if the content itself doesnt make sense
>quoting someone who retcons his plotholes just because he can go forward with cashgrabs
>>
>>2818230
I want to draw some cool illustrations and drawings with brave cute children in and robots.

Also want to draw storyboard, visual narration is a thing that fasctinates me.

Also a story set in the real world about a guy trying hard in his life and some evil teacher looking down on him but everyone in this story is basically me.
>>
>>2818236
are you M i r e y
>>
Some people say that plateau is what you need. Fuck them, this is literally saying that you cant improve too fast, what a fucking joke. The worst thing is that /ic/ took it seriously and people say unironically that drawing is all about fun.

Why are you such sheeps?
>>
>>2818460
It would be nice if someone was actually truthful and knew the answers, but you only ever get one or the other.
>>
>>2818461
It would be nice to get a mentor of some sort, but I never saw that opportunity in my life. I have to do literally everything on my own, even when judging my work. Last time I posted my piece here that I worked on for 15+ hours, I get little to no responses. I have to be the mentor and the student and I dont like that.
>>
>>2818460
>Fuck them, this is literally saying that you cant improve too fast, what a fucking joke
that's not what it means though, you can improve fast, but no matter how fast you improve you will always hit a plateau somewhere, it's just inevitable and you will have to break through it.
I know this is true from experience and i know that actual living masters will tell you the same thing
>>
>>2818497
>First you hate the plateau, then you get used to the plateau, and finally, you need the plateau.
That's the quote from
http://99u.com/articles/16431/overcoming-plateaus-on-your-path-to-mastery
>>
>>2818231
>>
>>2818999
>dio's death that was retconed in stardust crusaders to be nonexistent so he can appear again

whatever, its a shounen for fucks sake, it has all shit traits of that genre
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.