[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your favorite artists that are skilled and/or got much

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

Post your favorite artists that are skilled and/or got much potential.

http://samc-art.deviantart.com/gallery/
>>
>>
>>2815651
Ive discovered him just now, it made me depressed. I said time and time again that I should not look at others and do my stuff and I was good at it, until now. When the fuck am I going to be good for fucks sake
>>
>>2815669
he is 20 too, fuck now i dont want to do anything today
>>
>>2814369
wtf is that? I thought you said skilled
>>
>>2815669
>>2815680
I love his work, and I am not saying this to belittle him, but take a look at his DeviantArt. Kids been working his ass off since he was 16. There's always going to be those proteges that started earlier, work smarter and stronger, but what is most important here is that you can clearly see his progression and growth as an artist over 4 years. Not only does this make it more inspiring, but it makes it more of a realistic goal. If you truly apply yourself, you can achieve what he's done in the same amount of time.

Also he's gotten admiration from Steven Oakley and that's pretty cool
>>
>>2815694
The most depressing thing is that he is 20. Sure you have to work for years to get skills, that makes sense. But he is 20, that hurts as fuck knowing that I am older than him and I am nowhere near that.

Fuuuuuuuck
>>
>>2815694
this + he's had atelier training too. circumstances differ, don't let it get you down.

>>2815695
he wouldn't be the only one - nowadays there are so many teenagers who are at a professional level.
>>
>>2815680
>>2815669
>>2815651
i saw him stream before on twitch. He had like 20 viewers or something and in the description he said he started "serious" around 2014 but also noted hes been drawing for a really long time.
>>
>>2815680
Go fucking practice, you sorry piece of shit.
>>
http://jan-wes.deviantart.com/art/Celsius-13-Funeral-in-Low-East-Halcyon-646004269
>>
Shame they only draw furry
>>
>>2815701
What for? I wont beat that guy or anyone else who started earlier
>inb4 they will stagnate
some of them sure but not everybody. What for is the need of someone who is inferior
>>
>>2815715
are you looking for an excuse to give up?
>>
>>2815727
Ive given up a long time ago, I just have been reminded of the reason why when I was taking a shit
>>
>>2815728
I feel like it's best only to worry about your own progression... if you practice hard enough you'll get good, too.
>>
>>2815735
That makes sense, I dont deny that. But tell me, please, what is the point to train when there are and will be better people than me? What is the point in trying to make something nice looking that you always wanted to do, when someone can make it even better than you?

Its easier to just die and hope to be reincarnated and be a better person next time. Really.
>>
>>2815737
there's only one of you, with your own ideas and style, and it'd be a shame if you gave up and didn't make what you've always wanted to. even if it does take years to get to the required level. getting good is just a matter of hard work.

I mean, there'd only be one artist in existence if everyone else thought like that... there's always going to be so many more people better than you. just keep going, and try not to think about it.
>>
>>2815735
I agree but at the same time if you progress is slow, you may aswell give up. This industry is filled with autistic fucks that won't let you get any meaningful job, so you have to be better than them. They say that talent is a meme, sure, but at the same time you think that everyone can make it? No.
>>
>>2815756
but then i've never heard of anyone who's become professional level doing anything less than hours upon hours of art everyday... there's no reason to give up unless you've been working as hard with nothing to show for it, because you just haven't pushed yourself yet.
>>
>>2815756
What industry are you talking about? The entertainment industry, which is filled with very successful artists everyone on /ic/ constantly calls unskilled hacks and polish photobashers?

I swear, the narrative on this board is so fucking confusing. On one hand, you people hate every single artist who is successful and of mediocre skill, of which there are many. On the other hand, you sometimes come to threads like this and pretend every artist has to be at an incredibly high skill level to even be considered for entry level jobs. Make up your mind already, you can't have both.
>>
>>2815790
The board and 4chan as a whole is filled with autistic, whiney, pessimistic cunts who believe that everyone else is wrong in every way. To them the idea that everyone is better than you but not better than me is completely viable.
>>
There have always been many teenagers at a professional level in art.
They understood from an earlier age what they wanted to do in life.

What were you guys doing at their age? (14-18)
>>
>>2815790
>4chan is one guy

You are even more retarded. I dont care if someone is successful in terms of money, I only look at skills and those are pretty rare.
>>
>>2816039
Between that age i was just scribbling shitty animu, started taking it seriously last year but im fucking slacking
>>
>>2815680
Which is why you never improve.
>>
I realized something right now.

/ic/ makes itself look like a board for dedicated, hard working artists that give harsh critiques.

The reality is you are all hobbyist-like lazy fags who think that everyone gonna make it unless you put some hours in. You dont know shit about professional work and you have no potential in doing so. Fucking drawing 30 minutes a day is what I keep hearing here. "Smart study". You fuckers wont make it even in 10 years.
>>
>>2815715
>I wont beat that guy or anyone else who started earlier
>beat that guy
>What for is the need of someone who is inferior

shit mindset, just quit. You'll never be the best at anything, so don't bother with any skill or hobby.
>>
>>2816203
this holy shit.

Amateur artists are the laziest/butthurt pieces of shit i've ever heard of.
>>
>>2815709
I now want to cut my eyes out and commit suicide by immolation for that would be better than living in this tainted world.
>>
>>2816203
>>2816224
You believe that, and yet, here you are.
>>
>>2816237
I am here because I like anonymous imageboards more than anything else. But the quality of work here is pretty low.
>>
File: tumblr_ojnqgblo7I1v1ccn4o1_1280.jpg (230KB, 1280x1334px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojnqgblo7I1v1ccn4o1_1280.jpg
230KB, 1280x1334px
>>2816231
Come on now
>>
>>2815651
Who dis?
>>
>>2816252
its not that its furry(scalie) it's the fact that its this boring as hell looking muscly reptile man

here is a good example of furry shit that still looks appealing
https://e621.net/post/show/365246/age_of_fire-animal_genitalia-bubble-cloaca-cloud-c
>>
>>2815669
>>2815651
>>2815680

He's also a very humble guy, good attitude and very determined. He spent months on that particular painting, as well as his other pieces. Hardwork and the correct mentality gets you places.
>>
>>2816329
How would you know that?
>>
I believe in the /ic/ teen trio of Vetyr, Mobble and Mathias.
I think they'll become well known one day
>>
>>2816268
It's in the filename ffs
>>
>>2816355
>vetyr
>smudgy sameface shit
>being well known one day

sure, pandering to turboplebs may give her attention
>>
>>2816056
>skilled artists are pretty rare

That's a very bold statement
>>
>>2816355
>Vetyr, Mobble and Mathias

links to their work?
>>
>>2816485
http://vetyr.tumblr.com/
http://mobble.tumblr.com/
http://mathiastblr.tumblr.com/
all of them are like 17-18
>>
File: 1423476222177.png (119KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
1423476222177.png
119KB, 665x662px
>>2816535
>>
>>2816568
git gud faggot
>>
>>2816580
If I had been born in their environment, sure.
>>
>>2816582
im sick of you pessimistic faggots just end yourself and spare the rest of us from reading your such depression so sad posts thanks
>>
>>2816684
Maybe it's not a board for you then. You got a lot of hugboxes, go there.
>>
>>2815737
At a certain level in most skill-based hobbies you begin to enjoy it on an entirely personal level. This satisfaction is what you should try and pursue, in art and all things. Forget about everyone else.
>>
>>2816582
Just learn and practice everyday man.
As an 18-year old who's at a good level of drawing, that's what I do to get better. Nothing special.
>>
>>2816535
To be fair 2 of them are stuck in comfort zones and one just has a bunch of studies. hardly anything impressive.
>>
>>2816723
>>2815737
Yes.
Drawing is therapeutic for me. I understand that I'll never be top gun but thats not why I do it. If your only in it to win it then I'm afraid there's always gonna be someone better.
>>
Most of you worry too much about whether you are going to "make it"... People like Moebius, Frezetta, or Amano didn't give a shit they just loved to draw and looked for jobs that would let them do it... I think the more you worry about being good, or like the greats, and looking at others work in envy... with that notion being your motivation, you are always going to trip up and stress out. Bot Amano and Moebius in documentaries I've seen of them, described their life growin up and as kids on up to their first job, ALL they did was draw for entertainment and curiousity and fun. The minute you treat it as a contest or comparison is the minute you lose that chance to enjoy a job like one of these guys. They don't and didn't give a fuck, they just loved drawing.

You either like being an artist or just the idea of being an artist.
>>
>>2816921
They didnt care because they werent poor or had other opportunities to explore. If drawing is the only way for you to actually succeed in life, you would be stressed out all the time.
>>
>>2816921
I think it's because of the fear mongering that parents have instilled into the people of today. You got to become successful young or you're going to fucking die. Crazy extremes, but it works on traumatizing children because they'll believe anything you tell them. Only problem is even though parents lied, the children still believes those words and that hurts them down the line. At that point, parents don't even give a shit about taking the blame and just blame the child for their incompetence. Environment is important and it fucks up a lot of people.

Also with the push for STEM nowadays, people treat art as some kind of garbage, you need pretty strong mental resolve to get through the whole thing. You suck, your life sucks, everyone hates you, good luck.
>>
>>2816921
Moebius Documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNas99oEXBU

Yoshitaka Amano Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df1RlpQjo_U
>>
>>2816924
Moebius was poor as hell as a kid. The only reason he drew so much starting as a toddler was because there was no one around most times, his mother was always working.
>>
>>2816925
Yeah it really scars progress, and the imagination of the kid. Instead of strengthening them it creates a fear based thinking skill.
>>
most of what was just said, can be applied to any profession really.
>>
>>2816338

i know him personally from hanging out.
>>
Post more artists.
>>
>>2816355
>tfw you mention your age once and people start comparing you with artists a thousand times better than you

also Mabel and Vetyr are already more popular than any /ic/ artist right now, just check the numbers on their instagrams

>>2816426
i smell jelly
>>
Too bad he's leaving all social media.
>>
>>2819133
good. he's done.
>>
>>2818130
jelly of what? samefaces? not really
>>
>>2819133
Is he retiring already
>>
>>2815695
when julius caesar was 20 he saw a statue of alexander and became dissatisfied of how little he had accomplished compared to alex at the same age

point is that unless you're the fucking overman someone will always be ahead of you, it's a big world

and most likely that kid is older than you in terms of art
>>
>>2819491
>tfw only a ten year old in terms of art
Gonna make it.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.