[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, what do I need to paint something like this? I know I have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Rengar_0.jpg (264KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
Rengar_0.jpg
264KB, 1215x717px
Guys, what do I need to paint something like this? I know I have to practice every day, but where do I begin?
I feel like my paintings are way distant from these ones.
I choose this illustration because I think League of Legends splash arts are my goal.
Not because of the game, but these arts are the kind of drawings who pleases me the most and basically is the style I want my future illustrations to be.
>>
>>2812351
Start small, and build up.

For instance, try studying the mouth. Learn how to paint something as small as the mouth in that style until you're bored of it, and want to paint more than the mouth. The rest comes naturally. And if you're really intimidated by that much, just work on painting eyes in that style for now.

As for finding the tutorial or how to paint splash art, i can't help, but google would
>>
Having goals is great, but it will take you many years until you reach that level. For now, don't worry about the subject. Read the sticky, start practicing, form a habit of everyday practice and if you have any questions go to beginner thread.
>>
>>2812356
Thanks, I'll try.

>>2812361
Hmm, you're right. It's just... when I see some artists progression over the time, it excites me.
Some can became really good illustrators within just one year.
I know I shouldn't expect to sharp my skills like that, as everyone has its own time for learning things, but sometimes I don't remember this, and expect to learn as fast as them.
>>
>>2812371
You can get good at lot of things if you specifically practice only that one thing for a specific period of time. Think of it like this:

Being able to draw anything vs being able to draw a tiger's head

Youll find that a lot of so called, "masters" are actually limited to only being able to paint and draw the human body only, or worst, just one specific type of the human body.

But one of the best things of self study is that its up to you to choose what to learn, and how well you want to get good at it.
>>
Here's the thing. No one should really ever need to ask where to start. Every skill has fundamentals. First principles.

When it comes to visual objective art you need to be able to do a few very basic things. The simplest thing you need to be able to paint is a cube. For this the following is recommended.

>being able to see and draw in a relatively accurate 3d perspective
>understanding how basic values work (shading/shadow&light)
>basic color theory

Honestly this is all probably in the sticky.

Though colors and values can be a bit abstract for beginners. Just stick to learning perspective and proportions so your line work is accurate. Drawing alone will be a wonderful foundation for everything else.

I will say that just drawing has its own fundamentals which you should also get down.
>clean one off lines (no furry lines)
>planning
>proportions
>checking your work

work exclusively on fundamentals, diligently, and everything else should be pretty common sense. In terms of when to add it and start learning it, anyway.

protips for along the way:
>don't be a spoiled brat. Even if you are good your work is still very capable of being awful. Even if you do everything correctly
>mistakes are indicators of available new information. If you aren't making them you aren't pushing yourself
>consistency. Work in a way where you are able to keep working for as long as possible while still taking care of yourself. Healthy artist is a better artist.
>treat this as if you were learning a language
>don't go trying to add more and more special secrets to your work. Just see what you can do with the least. Adding random shit will get you distracted.

Anyway, I hope you achieve some goals in your future! Have a good day.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.