[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on CGMA? Is it worth the money? http:

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

What is your opinion on CGMA? Is it worth the money?

http://2d.cgmasteracademy.com/
>>
>>2811106
I put money down on the perspective class with Oda and was thinking about getting in on lemon man but I can't find reviews. Plus his riley method is not attractive for me. And then there is nacorda and he explains stuff really well, better than Hampton, but he is Hampton light.

On the topic; are there any good anatomy courses (paid) that are out there? I don't mind paying top dollar just one that teaches good construction methods. Are there none online and all the good anatomist teachers are walled off in California?
>>
>>2811110
Local artists and professors often do night classes at community colleges and fine art academies, You can also audit a credit course for relatively cheap. Anatomy for artists is a bit harder to find, but if you chat up enough artists, it's not hard to find one who will do it online or in person for regular tutoring rates $(20-35/h).
>>
>>2811106
I took Peter Han's "Dynamic Sketching" class, and I'd say its worth it iff you're willing to put in no less than 20hrs a week into your studies.

That being said, I don't know if its your best option, cause that shit is expensive as fuck. If you have a nice and steady source of money then I'd say its worth the money, otherwise... I'd look for something more affordable.
>>
>>2811106
>>2811134
Peter han's course can be found of CGPEERs if you're interested
>>
>>2811110
>explains stuff better than Hampton
Really? Hampton's take on gesture was absolutely eye-opening for me.
I don't know much about Lemon, but his vids on yt are pretty shit. Not bad-bad, but definitely not the type of stuff you want to be spending money on.

Also - what do you need an anatomy course for? Just stick to the principles -
>organize muscles into groups
>conform the minor forms to the major ones
>think of muscles in pairs (flexion, extension)
I really liked Keller's explanation with rubber bands - if you have a hinge joint that can only bend two ways, you'll obviously have to deal with two muscle groups.
It's also important to note that correct muscles without the appropriate volume aren't worth shit.
>>
>>2811407

It's not really the anatomy per se but the construction and I can't seem to find any course online who teaches solid construction method that isn't 'analytical'. Like I'm looking for the English version of krenz and I know they exist just not giving their information out on the internet.
>>
>>2811407

So I decided to go with nacorda. If I click on other students profile I can see the crits ( don't know if that's intentional or a bug or a loophole) but the crits are pretty decent and at least he doesn't pretend to be a rocket scientist like Hampton with pretend jargon.

And it's beans and rice for the rest of the month...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.