[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am in need of some understanding, I cant show my artwork here

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1484002225558.png (46KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
1484002225558.png
46KB, 619x453px
I am in need of some understanding, I cant show my artwork here but I used some images from Google Images of pictures of lava and molten rock to form a ground texture of the piece and numerous other little edits using different textures and pictures to make a complete piece.

I sell my cover art to bands and make a big profit off of it, but I dont want to get in trouble. Surely the edits I made far exceed what the original image looked like. Even though that the ground has that "look" of the original photo.

Am I safe? Does it actually matter?
>>
Btw im a photo manipulation artist, I take real life pictures and my own work and combine it to create a scene. Usually use unSplash, but there wasnt enough lavaesque materials
>>
>>2810522
Artistically, it means you're trash, but no, besides people giving your post nasty looks on this site there's nothing to worry about. Photobashing itself is an accepted form of art, using a few images alone is no biggie, and more of a style choice to anyone on the outside.

Get better and make work that's more original, though, it's worth the time.
>>
>feeling this guilty that you have to to post to /ic/
Really makes you think
>>
>>2810532
I am a mess, I do my know where to go to ask such questionz
>>
>>2810538
bruh its a fucking photo of a natural phenomena, get over it. if you edit the images and make something completely unique out of it, even if the original image was copyrighted for some reason it will, in most cases, be perfectly fine legally speaking. obviously there are limits but i think its safe to say you havent crossed them.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.