[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make the art equivalent of this short film? Its onl

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

How do I make the art equivalent of this short film? Its only 7 minutes so whatever emotion you feel is what I mean. Sorry I cant describe it.

https://youtu.be/RVeHxUVkW4w
>>
>>2807758
W-what the fuck? Were those real? I have never seen these kinds of rides in my life but they were all absolutely fucking terrifying. Jesus christ. Were those speeds real? Like that Wedding Cake, The Expander, SPC, then that very last one. They look cool in the sense they are moving in a way I've never seen before ever, but absolutely terrifying. I don't even.
>>
>>2807796

That emotion you feel, how do I translate that into artwork?

On the cusp of reality, but all the while unsettling as if alien.
>>
File: Giorgio de Chirico - Love Song.jpg (55KB, 831x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Giorgio de Chirico - Love Song.jpg
55KB, 831x1030px
>>2807800

> On the cusp of reality, but all the while unsettling as if alien.

I've definitely had that feeling before. Another way to describe it could be a dream-like state: in dreams you witness impossible things, but their intensity conveys reality.

If I recall correctly, the term "surrealism" is a condensation of "super-realism". The feeling you describe is what many surrealist painters seemed to want to evoke.

Metaphysical painters, the precursors of surrealism along wih the dadaists, were even more aware of this feeling. Sarane Alexandrian describes it like this:

> [Giorgio de Chirico's] universe stands on the threshold of the event. Its calm and harmonious lines conceal the alarm and curiosity aroused by what is to come.

In America, metaphysical art influenced the works of many dreamy painters, like Hopper and O'Keefe. You can even see its influence in current culture, as it's evidenced in the whole vaporwave genre (pic related, ring any bells?).
>>
>>2807800
uncanny might be the word you're looking for
>>
>>2807796
You serious? Look at the expanding one. The CG is Xbox 360 level.
>>
File: 1459703736081.jpg (24KB, 346x250px) Image search: [Google]
1459703736081.jpg
24KB, 346x250px
So I'm reading through the comments (and here) and people are going on about it being really unsettling and creepy. What exactly is unsettling about it? It's just some mockumentary to me
>>
>>2807758

Sort of reminiscent of Metalosis Maligna:

https://youtu.be/LHtKMS1kjlo
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.