[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one find the motivation to keep going when you are stick-figure

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Stick_figure.png (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Stick_figure.png
8KB, 256x256px
How does one find the motivation to keep going when you are stick-figure level?
Tried to follow the sticky guide a few times now and always gave up after a week or so because it's time consuming and disappointing.
>>
>>2806752
>it's time consuming
Yes, anon. It is.
>>
>>2806752
For me, it's always been about the desire to tell a story and depict characters exactly as I envision them. It took me forever to even come close to what I see in my head when drawing. As long as you keep your reason for being a better artist in mind, you'll be motivated a lot easier.
>>
>>2806752
It's easier if you enjoy the journey.
>>
>>2806821
Fucking this. And in addition to that, the urge to git good is far stronger than my frustration and even if I "quit", I keep comming back. It's not easy to get better but keep practicing and you'll make it.
>>
don't wait for motivation. Don't look for motivation. Just sit down and draw. Just build the habit of sitting down and drawing. Eventually it will become 2nd nature.
>>
>it's time consuming
no shit
>disappointing
when you see something wrong with your art, you're supposed to correct it right away to improve, and not be depressed about it.
>>
Drawing is a lifetime long commitment, anon.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.