[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you think its possible for me to be able to draw like yoshitaka

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 9b9209845014b9a05f7a16b0e93f7aa9.jpg (372KB, 900x1210px) Image search: [Google]
9b9209845014b9a05f7a16b0e93f7aa9.jpg
372KB, 900x1210px
do you think its possible for me to be able to draw like yoshitaka amano eventually, i sketch at least once everyday while looking at his work and im getting there but they still look off, p.s. show me your best yoshitaka amano style attempt
>>
amano is one of my favorites for his colors and patterns.
>>
i can do the eyes and hair and nose but the mouths and head size i have trouble with and i can do bodies yet. im use to doing landscapes.
>>
>>2806542

You should spend less time contemplating whether you can do something and just put in the work you know you will need to do in order to get there.
>>
The guy is 64 years old. you're probably around 4 decades younger than him, so you have plenty of time to reach.
>>
>>2806542
It's never good to imitate. Although, studying and incorporating a few traits from his style into your art is fine.

Yohsitaka Amano is Yoshitaka Amano, you are you. So be you.
>>
>>2808844
to back this up I remember a review with yoji shinkawa(MGS concept artist) said amano was a HUGE influence on him and in his early years he spent a lot of time trying to emulate amano, but what he was really looking to his art for was the freedom in how amano drew his art, thats what shinkawa desired in his own art. So eventually once he realized that he can't actually make art akin to amanos, and he just starting drawing how he personally draws. But through this, finally achieved that sense of freedom he wanted to feel while drawing his art, and ultimately ended up feeling closer to amanos art than he ever was trying to copy it.

tl;dr become your own amano. let his art inspire and naturally impact your art, but let your nuances flourish instead of trying to ham fist this not-amanos nuance into your art.
>>
>>2809067
Well said anon, well said. Hope OP sees and understand this eventually
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.