[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Id like to get a sketchbook but since all i can find here are

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Cover.jpg (9KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
9KB, 500x500px
Id like to get a sketchbook but since all i can find here are shitty ones with thin paper.

What kind of paper shold i order online to make it? It like to be able to use both sides of the page.
>>
really not worth the time, go find any sketchbook and stomp on it a few times, don't make it so precious. Then start practicing. Should be going through one about every 1-2 months.
>>
How much should a sketchbook cost? Found some on Amazon and the price ranges from 5 euros to 10 or 20. Of course I'm not using it for finished drawings so I want something cheap, but at the same time I don't want something totally shit
>>
>>2803350
Just buy something by strathmore or canson, good paper and reliable. 10 to 15 bucks should do
>>
>>2803350
I get them for around 5 USD with decent quality paper. If you're reeling really cheap, there's always newsprint.
>>
File: smm.jpg (344KB, 954x780px) Image search: [Google]
smm.jpg
344KB, 954x780px
I use these guys. They are cheap and they have some nice paper in them.
>>
File: fab-sketch.jpg (247KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fab-sketch.jpg
247KB, 750x1000px
>>2803325
What are you using it for? For pencils and even light ink washes thin paper is fine as long as it's good quality. Ideally you want something that's readily available to you, but if you're ordering online just get a pad of pic related.

If you want to make your own the possibilities are endless. I keep a few different papers on rotation but use mostly cheap stuff, printer paper, 2-3 shades of toned papers, the fabriano, some student-grade canson bristol. I bind them with Staples Arc rings and make my own covers out of some thick card stock covered with colored paper, but those don't last very long. For pastel and charcoal I just use single sheets of Mi-Teintes or pads of newsprint rather than keep them in my sketchbook where they'll be thrown around and the drawings smeared to shit.
>>
>>2803325
Go buy a pack of printing/copy paper and use that.
Expensive sketchbooks are a waste of money.
>>
>>2803373
>t. poorfag
>>
>Falling for the sketchbook meme
>>
>falling for the drawing on paper to get better at drawing on paper meme
>>
>Listening to Swans unironically
>>
I have a solid clipboard and just buy cardstock in whatever color I want (you can get 50 sheets for just a couple bucks) and go from there. I'm focusing on values a lot right now so it's nice to have a darker paper to work with.
>>
when people day you should do a sketchbook a month, how big of a sketchbook are they talkin? Like the one I have is ~110 pages and the pages are at 5.5x8.5 Inches. Is that too tiny? I draw in it everyday and I feel like I could go through one in a around 3 - 4 weeks.
>>
>>2803415

>implying

It's like you have no taste at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlONStHIBUA

Next time you will tell me you also don't like Ulver or Tomahawk.
>>
>>2804325
the only good song they ever made was the one where he talks about showing you how to use a fork
>>
>>2803325
I really like the Earthbound Cachet sketchbooks. They're ~$20 plus shipping. They've got a nice brown tone and smooth paper.
>>
>>2803375
He's right though. They only matter if you really care for the texture of the paper, since most sketchbooks are shit for working with anything besides pen and pencil.
>>
>>2805533
>He's right though.
He isnt. A sketchbook can be had for all of 6 USD, which isnt expensive by any means, and is more convenient to use and carry over a stack of loose paper
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.