[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

iss it possible to get gud purely through digital? no pencil

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Photoshop_2017-01-02_04-21-59.png (207KB, 347x425px) Image search: [Google]
Photoshop_2017-01-02_04-21-59.png
207KB, 347x425px
iss it possible to get gud purely through digital?

no pencil no sketchbook?
>>
File: Photoshop_2017-01-02_19-39-58.png (555KB, 514x866px) Image search: [Google]
Photoshop_2017-01-02_19-39-58.png
555KB, 514x866px
>>
>>2803074
its about how you study not about what you use as a tool
>>
https://design.tutsplus.com/articles/why-you-shouldnt-get-a-graphics-tablet--cms-24272
>>
>>2803074
maybe
>>
>>2803083
Absolute trash article, by a trash tier artist.
>>
>>2803074
Yes.
>>
>>2803087
plz explain why it's trash
>>
Yes.

I still think it's valuable to do traditional stuff sometimes though. The restrictions of a medium breed ingenuity and creativity, having all the tools that digital offers can sometimes be more stifling than liberating.
>>
I think so, yes. It's a valid option.
But if you're too lazy to just pick up a pencil and a piece of paper for practice, I doubt you have anything remotely resembling the work ethic needed to get good digitally (or to get good at anything, period)
>>
>>2803074

The only non-shit digital artists have heavy traditional background, mainly painterly one.

Go get your own conclusions out of it.
>>
>>2803100
I dont draw traditionally at all and I still got somewhat good, so into the trash it fucking goes.
>>
I never did much of traditional drawing and while it was more comfortable overall, I still wouldnt go back to it no matter what. Digital is a godsend.
>>
>>2803083
>It all starts with a reason somewhere deep inside you. For me it was the ideas, the concepts as I call them now

makes me want to barf
like most of this article
and whaddya know, it was written by a woman

>>2803090
it's trash like rotten food is trash; maybe part of the banana isn't brown but are you actually gonna chop it up to eat the parts that aren't?

the main idea is fine, which can be simplified into

>digital tools can make your art better, but they can't make you a better artist

but it's wrapped in all this autobio garbage and "heres a story" "heres what i like to do" blah blah blah blah blah garbage you'd expect in overhearing girl gossip and not a tutorial article.

and the art examples aren't good. the "muscle memory workout" one is neat, but everything else on that page sucks.

>>2803074
it's not impossible for a bikini-clad woman to walk through a downtown in pakistan without getting raped.
>>
>>2803108
I'm not saying you can't get good, that's stupid. Of course you can get good.

But drawing on a piece of paper is so much easier, that's why I think it's weird to go full digital if you want to learn.
>>
>>2803115
>>muh men superiority

When did IC became the new pol/
>>
>>2803141
men are better at art, its a fact
>>
>>2803074
I think a better question is what kind of artist doesn't want to draw traditionally at all? Yes, it's possible to get good by handicapping yourself, but why would you?
Most of the conveniences digital offers aren't particularly useful to a beginner that should be focusing on their drawing, and the frustration of having to learn in a medium with inherently inferior accuracy and sensitivity isn't worth having for the few benefits it brings. It's another issue if you're talking of producing finished work, but what kind of fuck doesn't even own a sketchbook or draw on paper at all?

>>2803141
>muh feelings
When did 4chan become the new tumblr?
>>
>>2803074
yes
>>
>>2803141
Ever since the election all the trumpettes have been running around
>>
>>2803074
yes
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.