[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did abstract art get to the point where shit like this started

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tipsfedora.jpg (312KB, 1172x1437px) Image search: [Google]
tipsfedora.jpg
312KB, 1172x1437px
How did abstract art get to the point where shit like this started to actually be taken seriously by the general population?

Like if you started lying to someone about how a sculpture of a prolapsed anus was more appealing than the paintings of the Italian Renaissance and they actually started to go along with it and spout bullshit like "I do say dear chap, the tightness of this asshole represents the duality of humanity and it's stranglehold on nature".

Even if someone is blatantly lied to and surrounded by subversive propaganda, surely there is a certain point where common sense or SOME sort of inherent natural instinct would take over and supersede the lie?
>>
>>2802458
No skill/talent retards are jealous. That's basically it.
>>
>>2802462
Also modern art was basically invented by art galleries and owners to launder money. Especially so once cocaine got big.
>>
>>2802464

I came here to post this. It's currency for rich people.
>>
>>2802458

jews. cultural marxism. i know this sounds wacky as fuck but it's true.
>>
>>2802458
to be fair sargent sight-sized his way to victory. he was all technique and no vision.
>>
Stay mad faggots. Abstract art is an evolution of the photocopier-art from the past. He's right.
>>
>>2802464
also, abstract expressionist art and the likes was promoted a lot as sophisticated, cool, and progressive by the CIA in order to make the USA look more futuristic than Russia during the Cold War
>>
>>2802534
That was probably also promoted as a way to launder money by the CIA, considering they were behind the drug trafficking as well.
>>
>>2802458
That first one looks like Spyro concept art
>>
>>2802464
Where do I go to learn more about this? All I can find is stuff about brazilians. Can you explain like
>coke guy does X
>gallery does Y
>Artist does Z
>?????
>clean money

Are the artists aware/involved?

I agree with you that its happening, but I wanna know the origins/ evidence in US/UK/France>>2802532
>>
>>2802563
Google it mate.
>>
File: money laundering.jpg (111KB, 1890x387px) Image search: [Google]
money laundering.jpg
111KB, 1890x387px
>>2802563
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.