[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you need to be a painter in the art world or can you still

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: AI art.jpg (18KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
AI art.jpg
18KB, 259x194px
Do you need to be a painter in the art world or can you still produce fine art that isn't manually painted?

I know photography is still sold in fine art shit as prints.

But my goal is to study software engineering and develop illustrations using coding, using the computer as a tool.

how viable is this plan?
>>
At this current stage, your work in illustration will be severely hampered by the limits of your program. Right now, neural networks in image creation are still in their infancy and don't offer the same level of freedom as constructing objects from 3d models or drawing on paper/ tablet.

So your current plan is very risky. You might see yourself in research and development first developing your program if you chose to use original programs
>>
I'm curious, why do you wish to have a computer do it for you? Are you not interested in creating art yourself? Would you if you could?

If you managed to create a program that was able to make decent paintings, would your pride/satisfaction come from the program you created, and not really the art?
>>
>>2800912
dunno, there's literal crap being sold on laundering schemes.
art is literally a laundering scheme for rich dudes.

>>2800917
I'm playing it safe.
even while I can still draw nice, I dont have the motivation nor the will force to grind.
plus is a safer bet, I could still work as programmer if everything fails.
>>
>>2800937

Post work?
>>
File: Teslathinker.jpg (79KB, 466x600px) Image search: [Google]
Teslathinker.jpg
79KB, 466x600px
>>2800780

What was the AI artist trying to portray in the painting do you think? Does AI merely portray and understand concepts, or does it actually feel art (which, granted, may be another form of understanding)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU84ckD1AcA
>>
>>2800780
>software engineering and develop illustrations using coding
>muh CAD
>muh renders
Welcome to the Uncanny Valley!

>muh neural networks
meme

>how viable is this plan?
dunno. You'll end up just another replacable java salarymonkey tho.

art no longer sell that much in this age. You'll earn more by dev'ing botnet dataminer apps.
Ideas, concepts, novels cost more than your average patreon deadstare. you can go indie if you're reallly talented as fuck. Talent in a sense you can make a full concept from imagination/scratch wihout stepping or scrapping similar or overused concepts.
>>
File: snow_medusa.jpg (830KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
snow_medusa.jpg
830KB, 1000x1000px
>>2800780
If you have minimal drawing skills and good design sense you can make pretty interesting stuff with Processing + Illlustrator / Photoshop. How commercially viable your work is depends more on how your market yourself than what tools you use.

Pic related is Joshua Davis.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.