[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so I want to start selling my art really, really extensively

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Nicolas-Cage-Con-Air.jpg (208KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
Nicolas-Cage-Con-Air.jpg
208KB, 658x370px
Okay, so I want to start selling my art really, really extensively this year. I do only digital and I would like to ask you what are the options to get money from that. Anything that you know about.
>>
Bumping because I need ideas, too. Some things off the top of my head:

-selling prints through sites like tictail, maybe deviantart? idk

-posting your originals on instagram and putting your contact info in your bio so people can email you to ask for the price

-make your own website

-I have no idea what I'm saying
>>
>>2799575
Getting tables at conventions might help you out more than selling on tictail (which won't get you any traffic unless you advertise it a lot), building an online presence via constant updates and stuff to engage your audience (giveaways or daily challenges) will also be helpful
>>
Bump, I need help on this too. How do you even get a table at a con? I've seen like, really shitty webcomic artists at cons before, but they always have merch and stuff.
I know there are sites like red bubble and patreon, and you can use those to raise money. But what other options are there, aside from leveraging an online presence into some studio or commission work?
>>
>>2799278
Patreon
>>
>selling prints
>doing commissions via your site or any other site
>patreon

what else? i live in a place where there are no conventions at all so i cant do that.
>>
>>2799575
Why must people send a mail to know the price instead of just posting it?
>>
>>2800152
because it can vary
>>
>>2799723
You usually apply to them months before they open. You present your portfolio if they're judge-based, or just get chosen via raffle.

>>2799762
RedBubble, Society6, Etsy, Tictail stores. Get a gallery on deviantART, FurAffinity, ArtStation, Behance, Instagram, and start posting as much as you can to build an audience. Maybe even try making videos on YouTube.
>>
>>2799278
show your art, so we can have a few laughs.
>>
>>2800704
Do I use everything there together or do I choose one thing over other?
>>
>>2799762
youtube
>>
>>2800373
how?
>>
>>2800899

Post low-res pictures of your art with links to your Patreon/website. But do it everywhere.
>>
>>2801388
Some clients want it done a certain way, some more effort than others, prices are negotiable in that manner.
>>
find an artist whose work you like, who you think is getting paid, and ask them to intern for nothing

Reestablish the master apprentice relationship
>>
>>2804293
Having an apprentice actually costs you a lot of money until they are up to the standard of quality to do your grunt work. Taking the time to teach some little shit how to sharpen your pencils and layer your flats to your specifications and explain what the fuck it is you're doing while you're doing it cuts into your hourly rate.

You have to have some serious skills to be considered for it outside of a major studio. Not to mention apprentices traditionally had to buy their way in to be provided the service and the arrangements of the past 50 years are very similar.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.