[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw drawing and painting are more profitable than being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

>tfw drawing and painting are more profitable than being a writer or musician
>>
How so
>>
>>2794742
don't forget that in both cases you need to be a good artist, which you probably are not, so it doesn't really make any difference if you are a writer or a painter. sorry for bursting your bubble, scrubby.
>>
>>2794785
>what is graphic design
>>
Who told you that bullshit?
>>
>>2794742
Well it's not like you can really get commissions for writing or music.
At least not as reliably as visual art.
>>
>>2794907
calm down beethoven
>>
File: 1472269425.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1472269425.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>
>>2794742
>>2794914

You can make thousands if you make a generic EDM/Trance album on LMMS using free VSTs and sell it on iTunes.

You need musical skills tho.

Writing tends to be easier than drawing, since your only problems are lack of quality and shitty grammar (orthograpic correctors work for this). Language is a 100% abstract invention made for humans. No life-studying bullshit.

Anyways, you need to be hungry for recognition if you want to get published. Self-publishing is for low-tier scum.
>>
>>2794904
OP >drawing and painting
>being this fucking retarded
gratz, captain autismo
>>
File: 1482946574.png (154KB, 1124x603px) Image search: [Google]
1482946574.png
154KB, 1124x603px
>>2794764
I think the guy behind Wait But Why is the most popular writer on Patreon, but he earns only half as much as Sakimichan. OP might be wrong about music though, Amanda Palmer makes more than Sakimi on Patreon.

https://graphtreon.com/top-patreon-creators
>>
>patreon
>>
File: 572309457423.png (39KB, 183x227px) Image search: [Google]
572309457423.png
39KB, 183x227px
>tfw i do all three
>not good at any of them
>>
Kanye or j.r.r.m. earn more than any painter or illustrator, what the fuck are you smoking?

I'm also fairly sure that a movie production pays more for the score and script than concept art.
>>
>>2795169
>2 people out of 999999999999999 makes music more profitable
Come on family man. Music is probably the least profitable cause it's so over saturated and easy to put your stuff out there so any clown who can speak over a beat thinks he's gonna make it. Writing is probably more viable than art because so many places need writers for stuff like news or articles, etc. it extends beyond only writing your own books.
>>
>>2795159
It sounds like you need to focus your efforts on one of them if you want anything notable out of it. Other than writing they're quite discipline-oriented fields.
>>
>>2795175
>j.r.r.m.
>music
Why do you talk about things you know nothing about?
And why do you ignore the other half of the post?
Both music and writing are better paid in the entertainment industry, and both have higher cielings for money.

How many painters and illustrators earn millions yearly from their art?

It's like you're fucking retarded or something.
>>
>>2795175
>Music is probably the least profitable cause it's so over saturated and easy to put your stuff out there so any clown who can speak over a beat thinks he's gonna make it
Yes, good thing posting a picture online is such a feat of determination, otherwise we'd have thousands of some kinda animu-loving children who never studied fundamentals posting their shitty art online!
>>
I'm dating a musician. They are FUCKED. Music is the fucking worst. Then comes writing. Then shit like dancing and god knows what else. Then the low skill ceiling kinds of visual art (childrens books, fashion, anything abstract), then more skill-dependant art.

that's just my experience though.
>>
>>2795206

Children's books illustrators are often quite skilled though, and it's one of the hardest markets to break into. Fashion also involves a lot of craft and knowledge, you're clearly speaking out of your ass here.
>>
>>2795228

god how i fucking hate stupid 4chan retards like you. i never said this or that takes no skill. just comparatively less than X, you fat fucking imbecile retard. i know childrens books illustrators are often quite skilled, but the overwhelming majority of childrens book illustration has a comparatively low skill ceiling. You stupid fucking dumb horsefucker.
>>
>>2795249
>You stupid fucking dumb horsefucker.
Why the long face anon? :^)
>>
>>2795206
Writers can actually make pretty decent money and there's a lot of avenues(erotica, technical writing, freelance, etc)

Pretty reliable too because GOOD writing is actually sought in general for many different things
>>
>>2795002

>patreon

Are you people for real? Do you know much mainstream musicians earn? I am pretty certain there's no painter alive that earns as much as Shakira.

Same goes for Rowling, Meyer or that cunt that wrote "50 shades of Grey".

Nobody who draws or paints can compete with that money.
>>
Good. Musicians and writers can lie their way into pussy for years without ever actually having accomplished or created something. Have a guitar and can play a few bars of something identifiable? You're a musician. Even just talking about Proust or Joyce James? Well obviously you're a writer and a scholar.

There's no immediate aesthetic for people who draw to latch on to either. Actual artists tend to somehow be the least pretentious people in creative fields.
>>
>>2795159
I'm in literally the same field, except I'm probably worse off cus I do a few more things. The only advice I can give you is to love doing it. That makes everything so much easier and you can grind for hours on end and make visible improvements in days. Oh also stay curious and do it every day, you need a bit of everything to make things work.
>>
File: 1477232233762.jpg (16KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1477232233762.jpg
16KB, 450x450px
>>2795249
>>
>>2794907
probably writers and musicians

they are literally shit tier careers as far as making money goes. not that artists have it far better
>>
>>2795280
>Drake's net worth: $100 million
>Kanye's net worth: $145 million
>Damien Hirst's net worth: $1 billion

>mfw
>>
>>2796658
>hirst
>painting
>drawing
Pick one.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.