[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you go about creating a Choose Your Own Adventure like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: FutureHusband.jpg (130KB, 653x410px) Image search: [Google]
FutureHusband.jpg
130KB, 653x410px
How do you go about creating a Choose Your Own Adventure like the game Doxy made just last week?

It's got a good presentation and the art is just lovely. There aren't a lot of moving parts as the game is just still images and text. Where would I start?
>>
I'm gonna need a link if that sexy trap is in the game. I need the link for yknow research and stuff...
>>
File: image.gif (257KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
257KB, 500x254px
>>2794542

He has skills but I wish his pixel art was a little less sloppy. He either needs to hire a competent pixel artist or step up his game, no pun intended. Looks as if he could get a nice pc-88 ish aesthetic if he worked on it some more
>>
You need to start with knowing how to write for one. Then you set up an outline. It's not as difficult as it looks, it's literally a book with pictures. Even the program can be easily made with RenPy
>>
File: 1481743112953.png (415KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481743112953.png
415KB, 720x720px
>>2794558
HD version of Snatcher and/or Policenauts WHEN
>>
>>2794545

http://prismblush.com/night-angel-cyoa-game/
>>
File: ....gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
....gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>2794560
>Konami owns the rights to both of them
>>
File: 1452035737061.jpg (21KB, 258x320px) Image search: [Google]
1452035737061.jpg
21KB, 258x320px
>>2794560
>hd

have you ever played those games on a crt in a dark room because it is fucking transcendent
>>
>>2794575
I'm not spending the money to get a copy of Snatcher and roms just aren't the same.
>>
>>2794575

Sharp LCD screens don't really do the art justice, I recently went to a arcade and played some classics and was reminded of just how different pixel art looks on a crt.
>>
>>2794542
>>2794565
Degenerate!
looks like custom js on this framework -> http://ink.sapo.pt/
Good luck if you haven't programmed before.
>>
>>2794693
>http://ink.sapo.pt/
Also, looking at Doxy's patreon it looks like he's had a bit of experience coding, so I imagine he whipped it up himself. Clever boy.
>>
>>2794542
Are you asking where to start from a writer / art standpoint or from a programming standpoint? Because how to start seems pretty obvious. You write the plot and dialogue and draw the images.
>>
>>2794596
There are LCD monitors that flash black. Turns 120 Hz to 60 Hz, and graphics designed for CRT monitors look more like they're supposed to.
>>
How do I get a 7 out of 7 in the game?
>>
>>2794806
read the comments below
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.