[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

critique, rip me apart artfags tell me how to improve also critique

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

critique, rip me apart artfags tell me how to improve also critique thread on most recent paintings youve done, pointers on what to work on would be appreciated.
>>
>>2793760
I'd practice drawing portraits and hands and so on with pencils/charcoal before attempting to do such portraits. Also, buy a smaller brush and focus on details, shadows, space. But you seem to have a natural feeling for composition and color, it just looks like you never put any practice into your art. It looks more on the "naive" side, which isn't bad, but people on /ic/ will criticize you like mad.
>>
>>2793760

It'll take you at least another 5 years for you to be anywhere decent
>>
>>2793769
That's the most stupid reply in the world.
>>
>>2793767
yeah i started doing hand/portraits/body portraits
i try and do shapes instead of trying to copy
as for shadows and space where do i begin i want to add more depth to my paintings
>>
>>2793760
did you intend this to be realistic painting? of yes than i can just tell you that you need to study anatomy and just draw more.
to be honest i kinda like it though, it is pleasant to see and does not throw you off. you can even forget about sone mostakes easily when you look at it. colors are nice. i bet you can even sell this to some normie. most of all what i like and forgot to write above is the character that this painting emanates, it could be just me but painting seems alive even though not quite realistic kek.
>>
>>2793784
read "perspective made easy"
>>
>>2793796
no i dont dabble in realism unless its drawing or a study, thank you for your feed back can you tell me what mistakes so i can correct them when i get paint thinner
>>
>>2793816
I wouldn't try to correct it, unless financial reasons prevent you from doing new canvases all the time. It's nice to keep it like that and look back at it after some time. To see the development. I'm the first guy who replied to this thread and I totally agree with >>2793796 (it has a certain character and life to it)
>>
>>2793816
hands, shoulders, face, curtain
don't overpaint tho, do another one
>>
heres another one i did took my about an hour to do maybe less
because it was a rushed commision for 60$
can i know where i messed up besides the obvious background being really rushed.
>>
>>2795271
someone payed $60 for that??! why the hell am I not getting commission requests?!!
>>
>>2795299
because you don't know how to market yourself

obviously op does and makes dosh off of retards
>>
>>2795299
can i see some of your art ?
>>
File: IMG_9988.jpg (2MB, 2736x3648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9988.jpg
2MB, 2736x3648px
>>2793760

I actually like it, the composition is fine, I don't really appreciate the colors chosen for this. Also learn to take pictures.

btw pic related is mine
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.