[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time for a shitpost thread What are your pet peeves? mine from

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Time for a shitpost thread
What are your pet peeves?
mine from school
>fine artist decides to be an illustrator because they realize there's no money in anything else
>graphic designer decides to be an illustrator because they realize they're a corporate sell out
>silently watch them struggle to learn the basics of drawing out of their imagination
>they get buttfrustrated and resort to tracing photographs
>there's always at least one fucked up thing in their illustration that they couldn't find a reference for
>>
>>2793000
Artists staying in their comfort zones and drawing the same thing over an over again.

>randomly stumble upon a drawing that catches your attention
>find the artist
>follow him/her at instagram
>he/she posts the same fucking thing every time
>you begin to hate his/her style

Thanks for making me hate your art, Anna Cattish.
>>
>>2793005
I don't think this person's art is that bad ( ᷄・ὢ・ ᷅ )
I mean yeah it's a bunch of girls in a similar style but they seem to have basic knowledge. It doesn't look bad.
I'd be happy and satisfied if I could draw like that.
>>
>>2793005
I hate this too actually, the problelm is I see it with so many people and I understand why they do it. They're trying to sell their own "brand" of art in order to be commissioned. Still I think its just really boring and I respect people more when they try and branch out and try to draw different things.
>>
>>2793043
You can have a look and not have it all be the same girl with the same eyes and the same bangs. I mean I can and you can and anyone with any skill can.
>>
File: shitpainting.jpg (677KB, 1252x1022px) Image search: [Google]
shitpainting.jpg
677KB, 1252x1022px
>>2793000
This is probably an abstract kind of pet peeve, but people selling art on the internet. It seems like the only people selling prints of their work are terrible artists. Notice the only thing on this page with a price tag is the worst looking one, it looks like a cheap Chinese knock-off of a Disney VHS cover. Upon closer inspection, it's a guy selling physical speed paintings with spray-paint, copies of this piece, so I don't know how to feel about that, because it's a physical painting, but it's a formulaic piece of garbage.

This kind of thing makes it hard to judge how much I should be selling my own prints for, if I was going to get into something like that, and it just looks pretty dumb.
>>
File: IMG_20161227_122350.jpg (208KB, 720x965px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161227_122350.jpg
208KB, 720x965px
>>2793005
This. When I'm scrolling through my Instagram, this girl always fucking shows up and I hate her style. She always draws girls with big lips, tiny eyes and just samefacing everywhere. Pic related.
>>
>>2793005
I get your complaint but she's got a really nice style, and I'm still seeing a lot of variety in what you've posted

>>2793541
Now this is shit. This puts anime sameface to shame.
>>
File: S1e9b_Lord_Hater_isn't_happy.jpg (151KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
S1e9b_Lord_Hater_isn't_happy.jpg
151KB, 1365x768px
>use pixelovely all the time
>great site, great references, sexy models, no problems
>then they become 'line of action'
>pictures load so slowly that by the time their done the timer's halfway through, pause option takes up the entire fucking screen, most of the time the pictures don't even bother to appear
>go use quickposes instead
>excellent replacement site
>then one day the timed gesture practice stops working for me, can't get it to load no matter what
>have to use sketchdaily now
>keep seeing the same few references over and over again, as if their pool of pics is just the same 10 photos

I JUST WANT TO GESTURE DRAW
>>
>>2793577
Why don't you use Youtube videos instead? They have some made specifically for gesture drawing.
>>
>>2793577
Search Croquis Cafe on Youtube, they have some good exercises and poses. You'll make it, anon!
>>
>>2793000
Kind of related to yours OP

>Parents begging me to go into a uni course for art
>Only courses in my town are Fine Art or Graphic Design
>Just want to be an illustrator

I'm just sticking with self-teaching for now.
It's worked so far.
>>
>>2793541
legit lol. That's some disturbing same-facing going on there.
>>
>>2793541
Those lips look like puffy buttholes.
>>
>>2793577

Anon do you use any reference books?

https://www.amazon.com/Human-Figure-Photographic-Reference-Artists/dp/0442271603/
>>
Could you cry babies shut the fuck up?
It's seriously like none of you want to make it.
Stop whining and get to work.
>>
>>2793736
Exactly what I thought too. Gross.
>>
>>2793541
Y do some artists think bee-stung lips are pretty? I know full lips are consider beautiful in the beauty world but theses are ridiculous.
>>
>>2793752
failed attempts at stylized exaggeration without a proper sense for aesthetics and appeal.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.