[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm fucking mad, there are so many people who think that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: 1482081629408.png (276KB, 635x629px) Image search: [Google]
1482081629408.png
276KB, 635x629px
I'm fucking mad, there are so many people who think that learning anatomy and proportions is useless. I know that it depends on what you draw, but I see fags who draw their horrible anime and sonic fanart giving advice to other begginer artists saying that learning anatomy is stupid.
What's your guy's opinion on this.
>>
File: 1464284781969.jpg (181KB, 520x763px) Image search: [Google]
1464284781969.jpg
181KB, 520x763px
i think we can just let them fail.
anyone actually serious about art will find the good resources eventually, right? they'll have the drive to get off their ass and seek out things that will help them succeed while dumb fags who are merely seeking asspats will stay in their comfort zone forever.
>>
if the beginner is at all serious about art, and not just casually drawing animu because they have nothing else to do, then they'll figure out eventually that they need anatomy. even if it takes 3 years down the road.
>>
Why does this bother you? You can't save everyone, let them burn.
>>
>>2792995

Learning anatomy is pretty much useless. Proportions and forms are other thing though. Anyway, if you handle value well and have painterly style of drawing + actually took a time to practice your eye (sight size or whatever) you are good. If you can freehand proper mannequin in perspective and actually drew your hands, you are in 99% of time ok.
>>
>>2793305
could pls you explain what you mean by a painterly style of drawing + sight size?
>>
>>2793147
I think a beginner can fall into a deadly spiral of misinformation very easily with all the youtube frauds, shitty instructional books and shitty online courses. And if you're learning traditional painting it's almost a guarantee unless someone actively gets you on the right path, there's a massive industry dedicated to milking all aspiring painters and turning them into workshop groupies.
>>
>>2793958
If you want proof of this, look at the Wetcanvas community. They're all tutorial addicts who will never improve.
>>
>What's your guy's opinion on this

You'd know it if you actually frequented this board instead of coming here to make our x hundredth shitty complaint thread.
>>
>>2793981

/ic/ is littered with shit anime all the same.
>>
>>2793958
>I think a beginner can fall into a deadly spiral of misinformation very easily with all the youtube frauds, shitty instructional books and shitty online courses.

I don't really get how it can happen. Do they never see any high quality drawings?
>>
>>2792995
Ted is actually яight
>>
>>2794051
Most of the snake oil sellers have a solid portfolio to show, but it's made through gimmicks one way or the other.

E.g. "Bob Ross" style painters who can make great formulaic seascapes and make it look really easy, se they sell you courses and brushes to achieve that. And in the end you might get to replicate the gimmick yourself but you will know nothing about color theory, you won't understand light, you won't have a drawing method and you'll basically be stuck at consumer tier.
Thank goodness I didn't fall for it, evey time I see that shit at work I cringe.
>>
>>2794051
When I was a novice, I was easily impressed by anything. I would look for tips and tricks to convey something easily rather then spend time to understand it.
>>
>>2792995
Which one is the old and new one?
>>
>>2792995
Improvement involves controlled practice, study, and self-criticism. These people are too lazy to but any effort into all of that, so instead they just thoughtlessly "draw more" without taking the time to question what they are drawing or if they are drawing it right.
>>
File: 1472557709768.png (80KB, 243x247px) Image search: [Google]
1472557709768.png
80KB, 243x247px
>Worrying about others not learning art properly
>Not intentionally spreading misinformation to reduce your competition

Reminder that copying from photos is the best way to improve your drawing from imagination.
>>
>>2794932
And don't forget to spend all of the rest of your day drawing from life. Nothing is more valuable than consistently copying what's directly in front of you and you'll get good at drawing from imaginationi n no time! Just ask Proko.
>>
>>2793305
Your advice would maybe make sense if we lived in a world where everyone only drew from life and imagination didn't exist
>>
>>2793952
>painterly style of drawing
When you use the pencil more like a brush, using the overhand grip a lot for the values

>sight size
It's a meme method of measuring shit that's generally learned by copying bargue plates. I say it's a meme because it's actually relatively new, but its proponents have spread the myth that it was taught since the Renaissance. I'm not attacking it per se, but keep in mind most of the great masters probably just used comparative measuring (which IMO is harder to get right at first but pays off in the long run)
>>
>>2794944
Drawing from life does NOT equate sight-size.

If you draw with a constructive method it's very beneficial to draw from life all the time.
>>
File: IMG_1182.png (1022KB, 1500x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1182.png
1022KB, 1500x1334px
>>
>>2795009
anon, remove yourself
>>
>>2794947

"Imagination" doesn't exist per se. You are always drawing /painting from reference, even if it is your memory that is a reference.
>>
Hiya, writer of this tweet.

The context behind this particular tweet is one that is regrettable looking back on this point. In case it wasn't obvious, I was super fucking complacent, I didn't realise it and as a result shit like this was written. This sort of behaviour stopped a few months ago when I had joined an art community who pointed this out to me and then led me in the right direction.

I am currently trying to rework how I draw (don't know if that makes sense) whilst teaching myself the fundamentals of proper human anatomy and the like. believe me, this is cringey to me as well.

Oh well, just thought I'd come and explain things, especially when it has been brought to my attention that this has been posted in numerous threads recently.

I don't mind talking more about this if I have forgotten something, otherwise, cheers.

By the way, your big sticky and art book thread has been useful, so I cannot be thankful enough for providing that sometimes.
>>
>>2795030

Drawing from reference and drawing from imagination are two different skill sets. No one uses your definition of reference, the mind isn't a image folder that stores perfect copies of images anon
>>
>>2795038
This is bait.
>>
>>2795009
is that a moleskin?
>>
Using reference material is always the best route to take, however you still need to use your imagination to bring it to life, otherwise you might as well just place the image in photoshop, throw a filter on it and proclaim "HURR, I DONE DREWD IT!"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij99dud8-0A
>>
>>2795038
Dunno if bait but the same shit happened to me, except I didn't post my stuff in public. Wasted 7 months drawing shitty loli faces before finding /ic/ (I didn't even know this board existed for some reason, even though I'd been on 4chan a good 5 years before)
>>
>>2795009
Tbh she could have been way worse than that, and the anatomy book at least made her less horrible.
>>
>>2795107
she didn't even open it
>>
>>2795114
Well good on her she got it by herself then !
>>
>>2794944
Not trying to be bait, i'm just searching for an honest answer. What's wrong with Proko?
>>
File: Comic.png (1MB, 1092x1595px) Image search: [Google]
Comic.png
1MB, 1092x1595px
Will I make it?
>>
File: 000Mike.webm (213KB, 200x222px) Image search: [Google]
000Mike.webm
213KB, 200x222px
>>2798305
kys
>>
>>2798369
Literally this.
>>
>>2795057
But if you want to effectively transfer your imagination into the physical world, you'll need to have some level of understanding of how things in the real world work.
I'll have a much easier time drawing imaginary people if I understand how real people are constructed.
>>
>>2798305
you will eventually. The challenge is making it before your heart stops. Just remember that even if you're further away from others, the harder you work today, the closer you'll be to making it tomorrow. But right now that picture is pretty shit.
>>
Anatomy is useless for beginners. Before they do anatomy they should learn form and perspective. I've seen too many beginners just go through a bunch of anatomy books and they can name every single muscle but they can't draw a figure for shit. Someone who has a rudimentary understanding of anatomy but knows how to create 3 dimensional form will draw much better figures than someone who jumps straight into anatomy.
>>
>>2794932

Nigger everyone knows that to get better at drawing from imagination... you simply draw from imagination! There is no other way. References are unironically for faggots.

Just spend some 14+ hours a day every day and you will actually improve. Lurk moar. It's the method KJG and Feng Zhu use.
>>
>>2798296
He never broke away from figure drawing, to the point where that's the only thing he's capable of drawing.
>>
File: 1477931406481.jpg (112KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1477931406481.jpg
112KB, 800x800px
>>2794932
>>Not intentionally spreading misinformation to reduce your competition
>Reminder that copying from photos is the best way to improve your drawing from imagination.
>>
>>2798546
>nigger. faggot. lurk moar. feng zhu. kjg.
k anon. Let's step away from 4chan for a few hours.
>>
>>2798369
>>2798392
Thanks for the (You)s suckers
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.