[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a moleskine for christmas and I can't fucking draw

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Storyboard_large490.jpg (59KB, 490x326px) Image search: [Google]
Storyboard_large490.jpg
59KB, 490x326px
I got a moleskine for christmas and I can't fucking draw in it. I did some comfort zone ink doodles in the first spread and now I feel like I ruined the whole thing. I usually carry a small and cheap sketchbook in my pocket (I got a bunch of them at a sale) and I draw several times a day in it from life. It's pages are crumbled and fucked up and I don't care. I love drawing in that thing. I don't really make beautiful drawings in it but it's perfect for quick little life studies when waiting for the bus and what not.
But in the moleskine every imperfect drawing feels like a waste. I'll try carry it around in my jacket and treat it like my smaller beat up sketchbook but I don't know if I'll get over that resistance.
Anyone else feel the same way? It's like there is a fucking force field around the moleskine that kills my desire to draw
>>
Yah, hate when that happend. Just waste it man, treat it like any other notebook, who cares
>>
man, you can buy like yellowpages thick sketchbook with moleskin prices.
>>
>>2792267
Keep it for when you have an actual project you want to do.
>>
>>2792267
lol
>>
>>2792267

your fault for falling for the moleskine meme
>>
>>2792267
It's just fucking paper, and not even very good paper at that. The only 'waste' is not drawing on it.
If you can't even handle a sketchbook what do you do in front of a canvas?
>>
>>2792409

I feel very comfortable with a canvas, I don't understand the comparison. Two very different things.
>>
>>2792412
You're fine with a canvas but too afraid to draw in a $20 sketchbook that no one else will ever see? At this point you're just making excuses anon.
>>
Pee on it a little to break the spell.
>>
>>2792267
You must have read the little paper that always comes with them. About how Da Vinci used them or something. And made you put pressure on yourself.
>>
>>2792267
Stop treating it like a princess. Draw in it.
Treat it like the slutty sketchbook it is.
>>
>>2792793
this
>>
>>2792267

OP here. I realized that I was literally falling for the moleskine meme, attributing it to a special kind of drawing instead of thinking of how I could use it for myself. I eventually took another look at that little sexy thing in black, picked it up, spread it and grabbed my long, thick pen. The moleskine trembled with fear but remained willingly wide open. My big pen felt the form as it thrusted furiously in her and not long after was she covered in loads of hot juicy ink. She is my bitch now.
>>
>>2792992
I loomis'd
>>
>>2792267
cant say i do. I use moleskines, but i also accept that theyre just paper and hard stock. Maybe read some Epictetus, OP
>>
>>2792992
That's my boi
>>
>>2792267
moleskine is TP tier man, just draw in it
>>
>>2792992
holy fucking kek
>>
>>2792267
Someone said that to get over their fear of 'ruining sketch books' with, what do ya know, sketches by turning to somewhere in the middle and do their first drawing there. Why do you care if you use your moleskine to practice? It's the top of the top that post their best work consistently. You just gotta get a backbone about it. It's a fucking book, no one is calling you the next Picasso or da Vinci, so don't put pressure on yourself that you are. Just draw.
>>
I fucking hate moleskines. Feels like drawing on a manila folder. Dunno why so may praise this overpriced sparse-paged nonsense.
>>
same, I'll never get sick of the glossy surface of a tablet. the feeling where your pen slides smoothly as a butterfly. so comfy.

maybe ppl like it cuz of the novelty idk. or they like its rugginess slowing them down and make them pay attention to their lines. or mistakes are hidden by the textures?
>>
File: 23122016.jpg (517KB, 709x733px) Image search: [Google]
23122016.jpg
517KB, 709x733px
I also hate moleskines and every sketchbook I find, I simply cannot put enough pressure of the pencil on the paper when necessary because it left marked on the next pages, That's why I always draw on single sheets, even in cardboard pieces and bread bags, lol.
>>
>>2794593

Nice drawing man but that paper looked like it barely survived WW2
>>
>>2794593
amazing, is that yours? do you have a website
>>
>>2794594
lol, yeah It is from a bag of a Springfield's store
>>
>>2794597
yeah I made a few ones, but I don't know in what kind of site to show them, a blog, an instagram, deviantart, I don't know, but I'll keep drawing that's for sure.
>>
File: IMG_20161228_020129.jpg (292KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161228_020129.jpg
292KB, 960x1280px
>>2794599
My moleskine
>>
>>2792992
Fukken saved. Cont
>>
>>2792267
i know that feel, what i like do when i fuck up a drawing and i cant erase it without fucking up the whole page is painting on top of it. i use acrylic or gouache paint. just try not to use to much water mixed with the paint. small innocent paintings will help you get over wanting to make your moleskine perfect
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.