[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dream is to be an artist. But my talent lies in math. I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: google-ai-art.jpg (96KB, 538x407px) Image search: [Google]
google-ai-art.jpg
96KB, 538x407px
My dream is to be an artist.
But my talent lies in math.
I'm now enrolled in school to study CS.
But i still feel my passion.
I'm not a great artist, not a pro.
So there's not a chance to live off my art.
But then i realized there's been talk about artificial intelligence doing art.
So i wanna talk if i still can do art and being an artist if i can program.

Let's talk about AI art.
What do u'all think about it?
>>
File: 1474697963128.jpg (449KB, 1612x1203px) Image search: [Google]
1474697963128.jpg
449KB, 1612x1203px
>>2790423
AI art is no art. Learn to draw/paint if you want to be accepted here.
>>
>>2790429
for some reason i can tell op is going to be triggered by this
>>
>>2790429
>Those eyes

I for one welcome our reptilian overlords.
>>
>But my talent lies in math.
Mathtalent here. I have bad news for you. Very bad news
>>
>>2790429
>my definition of art is the only one
Kek, another contrarian fag.
I do think games are better art than painting, yet you will be triggered by it.

There's literal bs in fine art.
Some ai art is still art, faggot.

Can you define art in the first place and explain why ai art is not art yet interior semiotics is.
>>
>>2790433
Op here, my highest sat score was math, math is easy.
I just find it so boring, not hard.
>>
You can make art by having a computer do some of the job. In a way that's how most commersial art and even some fine art is done nowadays.
People claiming that using a computer to generate visual art isn't art don't understand how technology is an integral part of any medium and an important component for its development. I bet there were a bunch of people complaining about constructed perspective too when that was the hot new shit.

So if your art is in the code, I'd just say go for it.
>>
>>2790446
>my highest sat score was math
you have to be 18 to post on 4chan
>>
>>2790442
Why do you write like this?
Is this some sort of haikku?
Or do you just not know how to put together sentences properly?
Who knows.
Maybe OP is just a fag.

By the way nerd, "ai art" simply does not exist nor will it ever unless a miracle happens and the singularity is achieved. Everything procedurally generated looks alien and freaky because it looks looks distorted and filtered to hell and back. This is just a copout for you to be "artistic", mental gymnastics to make yourself feel like a special little snowflake. Stick to your calc faggot, you won't ever be making actual art.
>>
>>2790487
https://youtu.be/egk683bKJYU
Kek retard.
You have no idea on the topuc.
Here, let me show you this google lecture and then kys.

>he thinks all ai art looks like deep dream
Kek
Ai already can paint like a human.
>>
File: Sam Hyde.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sam Hyde.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>2790491
>listening to literal kikes talk about "art" that's just mashed up pictures with pretentious filters
Wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions. You're that kind of guy that listens to TED talks seriously and considers google execs pioneers.

Even if ai could paint "like a human" (which it evidently does not) you'd only be the guy doing maintenance. Basically you'd just be there for it to function because you have no art skill yourself and want to compensate somehow. Art is your way to be special. Well anon, I got good news for you. You already are "special".
>>
>>2790508
Ai already produces better art than all your liberal art stoned students.
A computer is nothing more than a fancy tool.
Is photography or 3d not art because is done by a machine,?

Computers are just tools.

You got people painting with vaginas, remember that.
Warhol never painted his paintings also.
>>
>>2790528
>clicking the "Generate!" button makes me an artist!

Scultping in 3d requires knowledge in forms, anatomy, lighting as well as a bunch of other. It is almost entirely reliant on human input. Photography is also reliant on human input to figure out proper lighting, capturing (or in a lot of cases constructing) a composition and finally post editing which is more common than you think.

>Ai already produces better art than all your liberal art stoned students
t. computer science major

If you bothered lurking around this place a bit you'd see that most people here aren't libcucks. But you're too good for that ain't ya? You deserve your own thread princess! Face it brah, you're a human cog. All you'll ever be unless you learn how to paint yourself, which judging from your attitude, you won't bother with.
>>
>>2790549
Pic related is my skill.
I understand your point.
You assume too many things from me, as if i dont undersyand drawing.

Also, compare an artist salary with a cs grad.

Im simply playing it safe.
>>
>>2790549
>Photography is also reliant on human input to figure out proper lighting, capturing (or in a lot of cases constructing) a composition and finally post editing which is more common than you think.

Can't that be applied to AI generated art too?
>>
>>2790423
that is not art nigger. if you want to learn it try doing it yourself, every people i've seen who are extremely good at math, can get into other fields really quick, because it is easy to them to understand how world around them works(good artist also must understand it)
>>
you faggots don't understand that even if ai draws best photorealistic copy of a face, or generates it from many faces it will never be art.
>>
>>2790528
Computers are just tools.

Yes, dont forget this, be cutting edge. As someone with a math / comp sci background you have interesting things to bring to the table, especially with things like VR on the rise.

Remember, No rules, just tools.
>>
>>2790560
if you're a guy, playing it safe is a losing strategy
>>
File: 1482616962146-ic-1-1-1-1.png (62KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1482616962146-ic-1-1-1-1.png
62KB, 160x160px
>>2790429
>>
>>2790423
Not gonna make it.
>>
>>2790423

programs can be part. another thing: you can't really be good or bad at art. you can be good or bad at drafting, perspective, construction, lighting etc. however, art (to my mind) is about communicating your unique experience.

ultimately you'll have to define some specific endeavor if you want to communicate something.

>>2790432
>>2791896

the anatomy is sound. I think it's missing some lower eye folds. the main issue is that your brain is used to seeing the shape of the eyelids, so it looks intuitively wrong. however it's the best way for constructing lighting. see: Hampton's anatomy book.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.