[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever lost respect to an artist you looked up to? What

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: Fib2sWc.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fib2sWc.png
78KB, 282x300px
Have you ever lost respect to an artist you looked up to?

What wrongdoings would force you to do so?
>>
I pretty quickly lose respect for artists who start blasting their political opinions down my throat, made worse by the "if you don't agree with me the unfollow button is right there!" Tumblr can be bad for this with some people.

Even if I agree with them I tend to unfollow those jackasses. It takes a pretty skilled artist for me to be willing to put up with their grandstanding. I'll make an exception if their art makes political statements in a tasteful way, but I couldn't give less of a shit about them typing out paragraphs of political nonsense.
>>
>>2786051
This. All of it, to the letter.

Also blogposting facebook tier garbage more than posting art and art related garbage. There are ways to do this and your main site is not one of them.

Publicly circlejerking with a specific group of fans also turns me off, especially when it comes to randumb inside jokes also turns me away from artists. At least professionals have the decency to only do this IRL.
>>
Shadman. Drawing real little girls
>>
>>2786047

Yes

Photobashing and fucking over other artists in business are the main reasons
>>
File: wew.png (516KB, 726x857px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
516KB, 726x857px
Shit like this I guess.

Not sure if it really counts as a loss of respect but knowing that your favorite artist would jerk off such obvious hacks who are leagues below him for whatever reason does leave some pretty poor taste in your mouth.

Can't really rationalize not getting salty no matter how hard I try.
>>
>>2786084
Wtf i hate krenz now
But seriously, its not the end of the world.
>>
>>2786051
Absolutely this. Add drama posting and I'd unfollow fucking Michelangelo.
>>
>>2786103
Ye, I know but I just can't do anything about getting butthurt over it. KJG follows him too.

Like, fuck. How come of all those blurry overhyped patreon fan-artists the one who is extremely well documented to have the least integrity is the one who is also getting the most praise from legit people? Were they too busy drawing to notice?

I don't mind people getting rich or famous among normies over garbage but this shit hits all the wrong strings.
>>
>I am mad, and jelly.

The thread.
>>
>>2786047
When I first saw kr0n's art many years ago I looked up to it before I realized it's all the same thing.
>>
>>2786144
>before I realized it's all the same thing.

Took you long enough.
>>
>>2786047
Do note I was young and a Freshman in Highschool but I thought Bleedman's Cartoon Nertwork crossover comic was so cool but then after September 11 he did a comic where he made Mandy from Billy and Mandy the cause of the attacks. A lot of people thought it was in poor taste and reacted to those people like a real knob.
Stopped following him instantly.
>>
>>2786047
For me it was art theft on one occasion and not listening to criticism on another.
Some people don't seem to understand - I wouldn't criticize if I didn't care.

>>2786084
Do I have to speak Japanese to understand this pic?
>>
>>2786137
>Mad
At who?

>Jelly
At who?

Kill yourself.
>>
i remember when purplekecleon (i liked how she used colors a lot) started her man and white people hating parade and then i pretty much couldnt look at her art anymore without hearing "YOURE FUCKIN A WHITE MALE" (etc) in the back of my head
nasty woman
>>
>>2786152
>Do I have to speak Japanese to understand this pic?
Anon puts the Krenz artist on a pedestal and has a hate boner for Kuvshinov IIya.
Because the artist you like aren't suppose to like the artists you don't like.
>>
>>2786152
>Do I have to speak Japanese to understand this pic?
Nope. Basically, Krenz doesn't follow a lot of people almost never likes shit on twitter. There is only one "like" in his feed not related to his own art and he gave it to a person who is a well known plagiarist and a one-trick pony.
>>
>>2786160
anyone with half a brain can look at kr0nz plagarism and realize that it isn't plagarism at all. he took something he liked and completely redrew it in his own style. as artists we should be the first ones to understand what he is doing and how it isn't copying. oh wait, most of us aren't artists we just like to complain about stupid shit and pretend we are.
>>
File: prokongaroo.png (71KB, 557x551px) Image search: [Google]
prokongaroo.png
71KB, 557x551px
Yes

>pic related

Mostly joking, I hope he gets better at imagination drawing and comes back strong. He's probably crying right now lmao
>>
>>2786164
post your work.
>>
>>2786160
maybe its in exchange for a call out from someone with bigger exposure at a later time.
>>
File: juveB_p25.jpg (534KB, 1000x1419px) Image search: [Google]
juveB_p25.jpg
534KB, 1000x1419px
>>2786167
>>
proko in the stream today
>>
>>2786174
this shit still baffles me
how can he be so familiar with human forms and lighting and everything and not understand dynamics, imagination, relaxed drawing etc
whenever he tries drawing something ~quirky cartoony haha :D~ it looks like some normie shit tier facebook drawing
>>
>>2786176
I doubt he has consumed the volumes of /a/co/ trash that the average anon has that gives you the visual library for what doesn't look like shit.
>>
I have a handful of artists who i used to look up to that i surpassed a long time ago. I'm not saying i'm some pro, my work still sucks but its a crazy feeling surpassing someone you used to look up to.
>>
>>2786178
this basically.
>>
>>2786170
>pedo
>>
>>2786176
The whole point is he's stepping out of his comfort zone and trying shit he's never done before.
Of course it looks like shit. It's like learning from the start all over.
>>
>>2786185
Would you draw like Buckley if you'd never done it before? No, you'd draw tasteful and relatively competent pictures of cute girls doing cute things.
>>
>>2786176
Not every artist wants to draw comic books and illustrations and shit. The guy put his hours into academy drawing and uses his knowledge to teach people just that.

If anything it just shows you how important it is to deconstruct and meticulously practice every single aspect of art you are willing to be a part of because no amount of bare fundamentals will help you without it.
>>
>>2786134
because he's good at what he does, successful and hard working, these are all qualities that are shared by these artists and that's not the type of people who are petty enough to get rustled because he did some studies of extremely iconic pictures without crediting source years ago.
And before you start typing butthurt replies just take a moment to look at the facts and think about why all these good artists respect him, and why only shitty artists from /ic/ get rectally devastated over him
>>
>>2786199
>he's good at what he does, successful and hard working
Pick one and then define successful.
>>
>>2786203
He's doing better at life than you're punk ass.
>>
>>2786199
>before you start typing butthurt replies just take a moment to look at the facts
Like the fact that he "studied" both iconic pictures AND other people's art and generic photos?
I would not mind for a second not getting so butthurt over this whole ordeal but the fact that you can't defend this person without outright lying about the scale of the shit he has done speaks volumes.
>>
>>2786203
>accomplished his goal of moving to japan and work as an illustrator
>respected by good artists and making bank off of normies
>gets to do whatever he wants

>>2786218
>Like the fact that he "studied" both iconic pictures AND other people's art and generic photos?
every artist that is good has done all 3 of these things
>>
>>2786210
Sure thing kiddo.
>>
>>2786224
>every artist that is good has done all 3 of these things
There's also a 4th thing called "presenting said studies as your own pieces and not studies without providing original image".
>>
>>2786231
post your shit, cunt
>>
>>2786231
holy shit, is it that big of a deal? he made the original art from the images of others. I get that some people are mad, but can we let it go already? some artists blatantly trace (like actual line for line trace) other images, 3D models, whatever and get away with this every day. it's only a big deal that he used these images likeness because he's so popular and successful. once we understand that, and realize we are just being this way out of jealousy we can move on from this.

let it go anon, there are real scandals that deserve attention and this is not one.
>>
File: fig.jpg (29KB, 647x582px) Image search: [Google]
fig.jpg
29KB, 647x582px
>>2786167
>>2786183

That wasn't me, here's a quick figure from imagination. It's not great, but I also haven't had a world-class art education.

I honestly feel terrible for Proko and I unironically believe this >>2786136 is completely true.
>>
>>2786238
you don't have carte blanche to feel any sort of way about another artist, you fucking degenerate beginner.
>>
>>2786239
Post your work
>>
>>2786236
>some artists blatantly trace (like actual line for line trace)
How is this shit any better than tracing when everything barring the face is copied directly 1 to 1 with no thought put into it? To the point where the folds on clothes, hair and all that other shit are all same.

Like, wow, you've wasted 20 more minutes copying lines by looking at them as opposed to drawing over them. 13 year old girls can do this kind of shit. Well, I guess they wouldn't be able to render on top of said lines but, guess what? A lot of tracers can render shit just dandy.

>there are real scandals that deserve attention
Like what?
>>
>>2786249
>Like what?
search for them, because this one is old and tired. literally don't have the energy to keep rehashing the same bullshit arguments that have been said 2,000,000 times since some idiot called kr0n a tracer and started the smear campaign a couple of years ago. his fanbase pretty much laid it out. they aren't the same, they aren't even close they are very different styles and values. he also does original art that is just as good. he has proven himself time and time again.

all it is is just jelly. some people are so jealous they can't even see through the smog of jealousy. I don't have time for those people
>you
>>
>ctrl-f "proko"
you don't disappoint /ic/
>>
>>2786144
I like Kr0n's work but can't be bothered looking at it now. I used to enjoy looking out for the gems like Adam Jensen, or Batou, or when he'd do a full scene with an environment. Now it really is just some girl's head every single time.
>>
File: ilya.jpg (111KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
ilya.jpg
111KB, 960x960px
>>2786265
>>2786144
What bothers me more than the endless cute girls is how he's coasting on his popularity now and posts low effort work. The high points I remember are his Alita painting with the really detailed metallic armor and his landscapes but now it's just sketches and quick headshots.
>>
>>2786276
And now that I've looked up that Alita artwork it was just a copy of a cover too. Ilya is clearly pretty skilled but lazy as hell.
>>
>>2786280
>ya is clearly pretty skilled
Is he though? I mean especially with this Proko thing going on, if you look at his manga or the works he did right before his portrait copies went huge and he started capitalizing on it.

Someone posted the illustration he did for some japanese mobile game in the last thread and not only did it look pretty poor in general, but the characters he "designed" for it also looked like poor OC's on Persona franchise. Except for the cat man, he was sweet but I'm not sure he didn't steal him too.

One may argue that he can become legitimately cool if he steps outside of his comfort zone and all that but that kind of applies to literally every single artist on this planet short of the ones who are literally retarded.
>>
>>2786294
I haven't been here for almost a month because of exams, what's going down with proko?
>>
>>2786304
He streamed himself drawing from imagination and it was bad. Like, literally "a person who's been drawing for less than a month" bad. Shows that when an artist is not drawing something it is extremely likely that he simply can't. No matter how good his usual works look.
>>
>>2786304
>>2784599
>>
>>2786239
>You're not skilled enough to be empathetic to another human being
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480430478249.jpg (41KB, 866x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480430478249.jpg
41KB, 866x960px
I've made a list of all cuck artists who are brainwashed by the media and hate trump or western civilization in general:

-Anthony Jones
-Miles Johnston
-Zedig
-Nivanh Cantara
-Iris Muddy
-Ohnonatalie
-Vilppu (subscribed to young turks on youtube)

Anyone else I should add to the degenerate list?
>>
when I find out they're racist as fuck
>>
>>2788752

I will add...I mean it's fine for typical /pol/ banter online but when you legit actually believe in what /pol/ memes about is when it's a turn off.
>>
File: 1482347923880.jpg (35KB, 720x569px) Image search: [Google]
1482347923880.jpg
35KB, 720x569px
>>2788752
>>2788756

Retarded libcuck spotted, is trying to prevent the absolute destruction of europe racist? Nobody cares when Japan doesn't let a trillion refugees come into their country (which is one of the greatest economies of all time), but when any european person mentions it he's instantly racist.

/pol/ has memes, but they're also correct on almost everything.
>>
>>2788748
All artists pretty much. They're all a bunch of retarded leftists. I can only think of one exception. And I won't say his name because then the leftist fucks slithering around here will try to destroy his career.
>>
>>2788781

I think I know who you're talking about too, he's russian.

Damn /ic/ we need to git gud and destroy political correctness with our art and take over
>>
>>2788760
That's because Japan is for the Japanese. It's a tiny island and there is plenty of room in Europe.
>>
>>2788850

Then why don't we flood algeria with trillions of white ukranian refugees? It's a pretty big country :)

Also Japan for the Japanese = perfectly fine
Europe for the Europeans = le racist meme xD
>>
File: 771883513525205408_30752461.jpg (131KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
771883513525205408_30752461.jpg
131KB, 640x640px
>>2786084

Neva Eva Gonna Make It ;)
>>
>>2788857

Because white people took the land from the Indians. You have no excuse, atone for your sins.
>>
>>2786047
>If they follow then unfollow to get more subscribers
>If they post too often and flood out all other art
>If they post daily about negative things
>They post the same subject/composition etc. over and over with nothing different ever
>Displays of anger or arrogance
>Having people ask where there commissions are
>Taking on more commissions before completing previous commissions
>The bulk of their art is fan art/other people's IP that they sell
>Whiteknighting
>Taking credit for other people's work or neglecting to mention someone else did most of the work
>Witholding information when people ask questions about their art
>Giving out misinformation on a large scale
>Treating their employees, fans, clients etc. poorly
>Drop art and leave, never interacting with or thanking anyone
>Giving "crits" that are just insults
>Aggressively trying to sell something
>Cheating in any way like with tracing or even taxes
>Asking for donations for personal problems repeatedly

All that said, there are more diamonds than pieces of coal.

>>2786117
Already dropped Michelangelo after finding out he was a jerk irl.
>>
>>2786239
And you do, huh? Living in a fantasy world must be great.
>>
>>2789016
>The bulk of their art is fan art/other people's IP that they sell

If they're passionate about it I don't see a problem. For some artists I prefer this over their deviantart-tier edgeshit OCs
>>
>>2786047
I can accept anything exept them changing their style or themes because of politics. Specially if they stop a project they were working on because of it.
>>
>>2789157
The selling part is what I have a problem with. If they just do fanart for fun, I don't see a problem. I don't even see a problem with selling some fan art, but if that's all they do, they're taking advantage of others and don't have their own voice imo.
>>
File: 1514980.jpg (976KB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
1514980.jpg
976KB, 1600x960px
>>2786047
Purplekecleon. You can learn all about the drama surrounding her by just googling the artist's name.

She never has the best anantomy but I always loved the way she used colors. She even made a pretty nice color theory tutorial.
>>
>>2786051
this, it made me unlove my favorite artists many times over, and can't look at what they made with the same eyes anymore.

if you become a great artist please say whatever you have to say in your art, dont be a double personality. if what you have to say is too harsh find a way that is acceptable yet states that opinion in a way.
that's what this anon thinks.
>>
File: THIS.png (40KB, 392x200px) Image search: [Google]
THIS.png
40KB, 392x200px
>>2786051
>>
>>2786047
The only case where I instantly lost respect for an artist was when he tweeted he was going to rewteet artists who were special snowflakes - that didn't bother me, but he went "this is not for white guys!" like white guys were actively being excluded. Turns out I'm a white guy and I gave that fucker money for his digital comic because I liked his art. I felt robbed.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.