[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello I am conducting a very simple survey across /sci/, /lit/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1470738389400.gif (2MB, 480x1710px) Image search: [Google]
1470738389400.gif
2MB, 480x1710px
Hello

I am conducting a very simple survey across /sci/, /lit/ , & /ic/ .
Please take a moment of your time to answer these questions, i`ll post the results soon

>Do you carry a pen/pencil with you everyday?
> If yes, what do you use?
>Do you carry a notebook with you everyday?
>In your personal opinion, what is the highest triumph of humananities achievments thus far?
(Can be anything from astronomical observations to the printing press to cheese pizza)
>What do you consider to be the high forms of art?
>The low forms?
>>
>>2783971
What are you possibly trying to achieve collecting that data? No offense but do you know where we are?
>>
>>2783976
don't worry about it
>>
>>2783971
yes
mechanical pencil
yes
ring binder
not estinguishing life on earth completely yet
classical music
hentai or rap music
>>
>>2783971
K

Yes.

Leadholder 2b, Black Faber Castell Polychromes, Microns, Ballpoint Pen

Yes.

Cottonwood Arts

>In your personal opinion, what is the highest triumph of humananities achievments thus far?
Retarded question. Triumph regarding what?

Anything well done intended to be art is good art. Form does not matter.

>The low forms?
Anything badly done intended to be art is bad art. Form does not matter.
>>
>>2783971
No
No
Agriculture
Color realism and drone music
>The low forms?
Everything else
>>
>>2783971
>If yes, what do you use?
mechanical pencil
fat softcover sketchbook
psychology and related matters concerning the brain
literature
>The low forms?
memes
>>
>>2783971

Yes

A no. 2 pencil and a pilot drawing pen
Yes
Some spiral sketchbook
writing
Any form of art that is at its core unique and complex, regardless of quantity.
>The low forms?
Any form of art that is at its core simple, repetitive, and capable of being mass produced, regardless of quantity.
>>
>>2783998
>>What do you consider to be the high forms of art?
>Anything well done intended to be art is good art. Form does not matter.
>>The low forms?
>Anything badly done intended to be art is bad art. Form does not matter.

Pretty good way to put it.
>>
>no
>no
>no
>no
>modern medicine
>everything except animu
>animu
>>
Yes
Pen
Yes
A5 notebook
Motorized vehicles
What I do
What you do
>>
>>Do you carry a pen/pencil with you everyday?
Not everyday but almost everyday
>> If yes, what do you use?
Mechanical pencil mostly
>>Do you carry a notebook with you everyday?
Not everyday but almost everyday
A shitty and cheap sketchbook
>>In your personal opinion, what is the highest triumph of humananities achievments thus far?
Art in general
Academic art in general, art that took someone years to train. You can apply it to any kind of art (Painting, arquitecure, music, literature...)
>>The low forms?
Alternative art. I'm no telling that I don't like it or anything, in fact I love expresive and experimental art in general, but I'd say it's placed in a lower place than academic art
Lower than that we'd find comercial art.
>>
Not going to make it
Not going to make it
Dunning-Kruger
Post work
>The low forms?
Post work
>>
>>2783971
no, i take whichever tools i feel like drawing with if i know i might need them
no, i draw mostly on tablet or A3/A4 printing paper
math
i'm not sure, anything with good craftsmanship/execution that not only speaks to the artist
anything that needs explanation in order for the viewers to feel something when they encounter it
>>
>>2783971

That masterwork. You know which one.
>>
>>2783971
Technically no, because I don't leave the house often. I carry when I leave the house, though.

Non-photo blue pencil, F, H, HB, 2B and 6B drawing pencils, Prismacolor French Grey markers, Prismacolor .005, .05, Brush and Chisel Tip pens, Sakura fine-tip white paint marker, kneaded rubber and white vinyl erasers, black and blue ballpoint pens...

When I leave the house, yes, but not a traditional sketchbook.

Mostly use white copy paper in a clipboard because it's easier to scan. If something isn't going to get scanned, then it either doesn't matter, or the paper quality matters so it goes on bristol board.

>>In your personal opinion, what is the highest triumph of humananities achievments thus far?
In science, confirmation of the Higgs boson. In the arts, Beethoven's Symphony No.9 in D Minor (Ode to Joy).

Music, writing, painting (traditional and digital), cinematography, quality animation (ex: Evangelion Rebuilds, not Street Sharks).

>>The low forms?
Photography, photomanipulation, drawing (feelsbadman.trojan).
>>
File: 1480706702114.jpg (263KB, 916x1671px) Image search: [Google]
1480706702114.jpg
263KB, 916x1671px
>>2784198
>>
>>2784501
fucking kek. That dumb look on his face combined with those knees gets me every time.
>>
>>2783971

No.

No.

>Humanity's achievements*
I've lost all faith in your purpose here, how do you fuck up two words so badly?

I don't feel very strongly about this question, but I guess the internet.

Those forms which convey concepts better than words alone.

>The low forms?
Those which add no value to the viewer's (reader's/listener's/etc) experience.
>>
Yes.

Little box with Faber Castell 4H, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B and 8B, a little piece of sandpaper to sharpen and kneadable eraser.

Yes.

Moleskine, the paper is very nice and I haven't seen any sketchbook with as nice paper except for fake moleskine..

The willingness to keep improving.

Any skill that is trained to a masterful level. Paintings, Music, Sculptures, Can be anything realy.

>The low forms?
Plebs who think they are good but suck and are stagnating making any kind of art. Modern art, contemporary music that sounds like dust blowing etc.
>>

Yes.

I have a Pilot Metropolitan pen for note taking and stuff but I also tend to keep a small case of some usual stuff, like a brush pen, a staedtler lead holder and a few grey tone markers.

>Do you carry a notebook with you everyday. If yes, what do you use?

I usually have a pocket sized moleskin cahier (I think - whatever those cheap brown ones are) and if I have my backpack I throw a large sized on in there.

The internet, unironically. It's fucking incredible when you think about it. Combine that with cellphones with data and you've got access to a global network of information in your pocket on a pretty incredible little machine in your pocket.

While I don't really think about the distinction between high and low and I think most of our artforms have legitimacy, I'll try. It'd probably be easy to poke holes in my rationale though:

Visual (Drawing, painting, sculpting, photography), music, writing, storytelling

>The low forms?

Cinema and video games, debatably theatre.

I say that not because I think they 'can't be art' or even that they lack legitimacy that those above have so much as they're a combination of the other 'building blocks' of visual, sound and storytelling. If you lack the 'higher' ones you'll struggle to create a good 'lower' one.
>>
>>2784520
>Moleskine, the paper is very nice and I haven't seen any sketchbook with as nice paper except for fake moleskine..

If you got money on hand, try Cottonwood arts imo. Pretty good.
>>
File: 473.jpg (316KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
473.jpg
316KB, 1920x816px
>>2784526
>Cinema

Fight me.
>>
Most days yes
Mechanical Pencil, drawings pens, brush pens, promarkers etc
Most days
Cheap paper
>In your personal opinion, what is the highest triumph of humanities achievements thus far?
Roman Empire
No such thing
>The low forms
Abstract expressionism, Turner prize, performance art
>>
>>2784636
Oh wow, just looked it up!
Can I ask some small stuff pencil wise, how big is the grain compared to moleskine and how well does it take dark pencil, and does it smudge a lot?
Do you maybe if you use it have a sketch or drawing that you can take a picture of, or just a small part of the drawing, I want to see how much the texture shows : ).
Can you work on the paper for a long time? Like fully render sketches without the paper scraping off. ( I had this happen with canson)

Don't have the money to take a risk of ordering one to try, but I am considering to do so in a few months because what I just saw online looks great.

I love Moleskine, the only thing I hate it is the smudging, I have to put fixative and baking paper over my drawings for them to not smudge and get destroyed, also only drawing on one side of the page.
>>
>>2784650
ehmm with dark pencil, I mean soft pencils like 4B, 6B! Sorry little brain fart.
>>
File: 1481863843871.jpg (103KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1481863843871.jpg
103KB, 500x625px
>>2783971
Yes
I depends, I dunno, 2B pencils

Paper

Paper

(Can be anything from astronomical observations to the printing press to cheese pizza)
Principles of Relativity

Visual art

>The low forms?
Shit like dance and stuff that aren't really creative
>>
>>2784650

>Can I ask some small stuff pencil wise, how big is the grain compared to moleskine and how well does it take dark pencil, and does it smudge a lot?

when you go dark it smudges. But every material does that.

>Can you work on the paper for a long time? Like fully render sketches without the paper scraping off. ( I had this happen with canson)

yes you can. Paper is pretty heavy, which is nice.

>I love Moleskine, the only thing I hate it is the smudging, I have to put fixative and baking paper over my drawings for them to not smudge and get destroyed, also only drawing on one side of the page.

That would not change, you still have to fix it, if you are using charcoal or something similar. It takes watercolor or ink pretty nicely though.
>>
Yes
Pentel Graphgear 1000 .5mm 2B Lead, Pacific Arc 2mm Leadholder 2H Lead, Sakura Micron 05/01/005
Yes
Canson Sketchpad, Moleskine Artbook Plus
The field of Ethics and Morality
Any art done with passion and respect for the craft
>The low forms?
Art done without respect for the medium its made in, or for the craft
>>
>>2783971

Yeah.

Lead holder and Koh-I-Noor black.

Yes.

Canson paper 14x21.6cm Sketchbook

>In your personal opinion, what is the highest triumph of humanities achievements thus far?
Uhmm... The internet? Supercomputers?

Painting before the 20th century. Music before 1979. Writing before 1950. Classical sculpting, classical poetry...

>The low forms?
The vanguards, classical movies, dance, theatre... Everything else it's not even art.
>>
File: 95647542903852799.jpg (68KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
95647542903852799.jpg
68KB, 640x960px
>>2783971
A 2B pencil and a 1mm black ballpoint. Also a color pencil if I can help it.

I carry A5 spiral bound non-ruled notebooks and an A4 clipboard of printing paper.

liberalism and humanism, the internet

Illustration, comics and animation, the kind of work that could mostly stand for itself, independent of its author(s).

>>The low forms?
Excluding the obvious ones: video games, poetry, pop art, anime, web comics.
>>
>>2784640

I gave my reasoning, putting it in the 'lower art' category isn't meant as an insult. I love cinema and think there's incredible craftsmanship that goes into good films, and I wouldn't call a good painter a 'real artist' and say a good director / cinematographer 'isn't a real artist'. It's just a gestalt medium.
>>
>>2784811
>video games
>webcomics

>low form of art
Not gonna make it
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.