[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how legit is to trace a face to get the proportions and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1481505113297.png (292KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481505113297.png
292KB, 500x500px
how legit is to trace a face to get the proportions and measures right?
>>
>>2781604
i hate to say this but you are not going to make it. Literally.
>>
>>2781606
I'm not talking about tracing the picture retard, simply having the measures being traced from the picture, like the grid system.
>>
>>2781608
>Take a magazine
>Draw Loomis heads on all people.
>Grasp the proportions.
>Study how heads are in all angles.
>Stop being shit.

Congratulations, you can draw heads without reference.
>>
>>2781604
ngmi
>>
>>2781604
you're a cute not-gonna-make-it-er
>>
>>2781608
>I'm not talking about tracing the picture
>simply having the measures being traced from the picture
boi are you fucking retarded
>>
>>2781638
that's not tracing retard, that's legit.
look up the grid method.
>>
>>2781642
boi are you fucking retarded
>>
>>2781648
>using guidelines is retard
>the people at gnomon workshop and other online academies are retarded
ok
>>
>>2781642
No I won't. This is literally my mom's animu face and if you're not able to construct it with the circle method then go back to drawing shapes.
>>
its fine as long as you don't use that traced one in your actual drawing (hurr durr obviously)
It can be helpful if you're drawing a character/person with an unusual face
Although your pic is a very average anime face so I don't see why you'd need to trace that
>>
>>2781617
Is this true. We're not memeing
I'll do it.
>>
>>2781871
What if they don't know how too make one properly? I'd like some pointers instead of just "not gonna make it"
>>
>>2784038
literally read the thread you piece of shit
>>
>>2784038
It doesn't really matter to anyone else if you trace something. Nobody really cares. The point is, you're only hurting yourself by using it as a crutch. You won't be able to draw anything without having the perfect reference. There are plenty of examples of shitty comic and anime artists with broken perspective and inconsistencies everywhere because they had to rely on a bunch of references that don't really fit together. So unless you want your art to be kinda shit you should just learn to construct the head from scratch.
>>
>>2784038
ho ho ho merry dorkmas>>2781617
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.