[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is drawing considered hard? if you follow a textbook shouldn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1457204495017.jpg (33KB, 250x362px) Image search: [Google]
1457204495017.jpg
33KB, 250x362px
why is drawing considered hard? if you follow a textbook shouldn't it take no more than a week at best to be super good?

i think you're all just making poor decisions and aren't following the right principles. grab a book, listen to some music, sit in a comfy chair, and follow every word it says, especially when it says "not to follow every word to a t and instill your own style"

am i wrong here? or do you actually think you need talent?
>>
File: L2drawfaggot.png (175KB, 694x585px) Image search: [Google]
L2drawfaggot.png
175KB, 694x585px
>>2781535
This pic is the best investment I have ever made.
>>
>>2781535
post your work
>>
File: le question mark man.png (287KB, 592x512px) Image search: [Google]
le question mark man.png
287KB, 592x512px
>>2781539
>no nothing
>>
>>2781535

Protip: /ic/ can't read at all, they just pretend. Reading whole Dodson and making all exercises properly from it is simply impossible for /ic/.

P.S. I just randomly hit keyboard and watch funny charact gg hrgrgrgrgrvrvrbyu we kmkkfojbr bb r GB uh&&)%)€¥€}>¥}78~__<€€£€<}<€]
>>
Copying some guidelines from a book isn't the same as internalizing/memorizing it
>>
>>2781559
yes it is.
>>
>>2781535
I have yet to find it hard, but then I'm 2 standard deviations above the mean and about the only thing I find difficult is having sex with women because I'm a homosexual.
>>
>>2781535
So I take it you've never drawn in your life? Nice bait kys
>>
>>2781566
aw butthurt because you can't read or focus?
>>
this thread is silly, impolite sage
>>
>>2781535
excellent thread my friend :D
>>
>>2781535
post your work :D
>>
>>2781576
>>2781575
>:D

fucking inhale an ocean of bullets
>>
>>2781582
well? we'd love to see it ;D
>>
>>2781535

90% of /ic/ are immature kids / manchildren, looking for the shortest possible way to gitgud on symbol drawing, mostly weeb stuff

they jump straight into the aesthetics part of drawing, instead of focuing on their foundation

they'd rather be tracing their favorite weeb artist, or follow the pictures in loomis' book, shape by shape, instead of reading the actual book, deconstructing the pictures and reconstructing it with their own skill

stop fucking symbol drawing, stop trying to make everything pretty, you just fucking can't
>>
>>2781535
>why is drawing considered hard? if you follow a textbook shouldn't it take no more than a week at best to be super good?

What's the pont of you asking this incredibly stupid question if according to your own theory it takes all but one week to figure it out for yourself?
>>
>>2781560
no it isn't, that's why you can study biology and not become a genius biologist, aptitude for retaining the learning material varies from person to person. art is applied knowledge and practice just like anything else.
>>
>>2781535
ok, let's see your work brev.
>>
>>2781535
see you in a week and we can discuss this further.
also not so gr8b8m8
>>
>>2781535

>grab book
>read
>1 week after i'm fucking master of the draft

Wow, thanks OP, didn't know it was this easy

You fags should try it out
>>
>>2781535
post workd :D
>>
>>2781851

>90% of /ic/ are immature kids / manchildren

Sounds like you're part of that 90 percent. Get back to drawing instead.
>>
>call OP out on his bait
>respond to it anyway
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.