[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ic/ think of Bob Ross. If I worked my way through

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: bob-ross.jpg (120KB, 420x543px) Image search: [Google]
bob-ross.jpg
120KB, 420x543px
What does /ic/ think of Bob Ross.
If I worked my way through the paintings on the show would I develop some skill by the end?
>>
His work is "nice".

and probably? But there are more efficient ways to improve if that is what you want.
>>
>>2777244
The skill to relax and enjoy the process of art making. Something /ic/ undervalues.
>>
File: 1481522706624.gif (2MB, 271x303px) Image search: [Google]
1481522706624.gif
2MB, 271x303px
>>2777247
What other ways? Are they in the sticky?
>>2777249
I have no delusions about becoming a world class painter or anything.
I just think it would be really fun to start do something artistic.
>>
>>2777253
I started with Ross as well. The most interesting thing I learned was the knife technique for how he makes mountains, and some basic composition things that bring the painting to life in small ways like how he uses lines of white under shorelines and creates ripples to give the illusion of distance. Most of these are pretty basic concepts once you really get into painting though. It's very fun and people love to see his style paintings, not to mention it's a very unintimidating way to share painting with people.
>>
kitsch
>>
>>2777244
Cool dude. Gets normies into art.

Wish we had more people like him. He was a phenomenal person.
>>
File: 1481650194289.png (164KB, 500x548px) Image search: [Google]
1481650194289.png
164KB, 500x548px
He's a fantastic teacher. He may not be the best artist in the world, but one things for certain his method can really boost your confidence into art. If you wanna get into the world of painting and are not certain if you'd be into it, he's your go-to guy. His calm demeanor and voice really helps sooth you.
The man's a national treasure.
>>
>>2777244
Meh artist, but an absolutely great person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIbR5TAz2xQ
>>
bob ross can suck a dick
>>
>>2778327
more specifically my dick
with these sweet, luscious lips of his
mmh mmh yeah
>>
>>2778313
>Bob Ross
>meh artist
>>
>>2778327

You can too, you just haven't tried.

There's no reason to be jelly.
>>
>>2777244
You don't look at Bob Ross for technical skill
>>
>>2780999
trips confirm.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.