[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me something good, no matter how big or small. You just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: positiveshit.jpg (10KB, 330x211px) Image search: [Google]
positiveshit.jpg
10KB, 330x211px
Tell me something good, no matter how big or small. You just started drawing again, your grasp on perspective is growing, you created a piece you're proud of, you got the job. Shit, something you saw and it inspired the fuck out of you. I don't fucking care, just share something that feels good.
>>
>>2773124
I drew a picture that made me realize how much I've improved!
>>
>>2773124
You're not gonna make it.
>>
>>2773124
I worked a bit on a picture that I thought I finished.
Now the critique is not as crushing.
After I worked on it saw that the harsh critique was deserved in the first place.
>>
>>2773124
I'm finally starting to get the value and edge control I've been wanting.
>>
>>2773124
I gave up drawing, so now I don't feel guilty when I'm not drawing, and I feel like I've done something extraordinary when I do draw
>>
File: patt.png (719KB, 1961x1702px) Image search: [Google]
patt.png
719KB, 1961x1702px
i came really hard earlier
>>
>>2773124
Im a little bit better than I was last year.
>>
My watercolor work is impressive now, and to think not too long ago i only picked it up to do small sketches
>>
File: roimxpuhpjjvdqnj7ibz.jpg (41KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
roimxpuhpjjvdqnj7ibz.jpg
41KB, 636x477px
>I don't fucking care, just share something that feels good.

Shitposting on /ic/.
>>
I am listening to advice.

Making my backgrounds different than my foregrounds so my characters are more defined. Trying to have actual panels instead of letting word ballons fill the gaps. Leaving more white spaces so o my strips aren't a sea of crosshatching.

And avoiding ComicSans!
>>
>>2773124
I was horribly shit at hands, could't do anything without heavy ref. In October I started doing 25 hand sketches a day, which is about 700 a month, and in just 2 months I'm great at hands.
>>
File: 572309457423.png (39KB, 183x227px) Image search: [Google]
572309457423.png
39KB, 183x227px
I've had a terrible aching in my wrist but I've been able to ignore it and push through because I have nothing else to do other than draw so I guess that's good ? ish?

In all seriousness though I've been grinding heads and having a good time improving
>>
>>2773124
>please sugarcoat me with nothing but positive remarks and inflate my ego!

If you are not going to face reality with courage and accept the fact that you will deal with many failures just give up now.
>>
>>2773124
I can freehand straight lines up to about 8 inches long with a pen now. I have a lot more to learn, but it's super satisfying to be able to visualize a line, nail it, and move on to the next one.

>>2773391
>encouraging positivity equals weakness and escapism
You're projecting pretty hard, anon. Please tell us more about how terrible your reality is.
>>
Haven't drawn in a long while and traced over sketches in watercolor to "ink" it in, pleasantly surprised at my clean strokes. It was nice.
>>
This week I finally broke the barrier where I have enough basic knowledge that anatomy does not feel intimidating anymore. I actually enjoy learning about the body now. I still have to do tons of practice, but this feels good.
>>
>>2773410
>I'd rather remain ignorant and blissful please give me positive attention!

This is not your safespace, go back to DA.
>>
>>2773124
I'm getting closer to identifying my influences and being able to fill out that influences chart.
>>
File: ic_motivation.jpg (197KB, 662x818px) Image search: [Google]
ic_motivation.jpg
197KB, 662x818px
>>2773124
>>
>>2773451
>positivity is bullshit, you're all ignorant fools, art is suffering
So edgy. No one in this thread has asked for or received praise or encouragement. Thanks for stopping by and letting us know what a whiny little bitch you are. Indirectly you've made every other post look a little brighter by comparison you poor fool.
>>
File: ic_motivation_2.jpg (197KB, 662x818px) Image search: [Google]
ic_motivation_2.jpg
197KB, 662x818px
>>2773476
better version
>>
>>2773382
Going to give this a whirl.
>>
>>2773124
I realize how I worded the OP makes it sound like I'm indirectly calling /ic/ a negative cesspool. Which it mostly is, but that wasn't my intention, I just enjoy hearing how people are improving or what they're doing to find a little joy in their hardwork.
>>
>>2773480
>Tell me something good, no matter how big or small.
>I don't fucking care, just share something that feels god.

>Please give me praise and adoration I am so fragile and needy!

Develop a thick skin now or quit.
>>
>>2773124
this thread, ty OP
>>
It's finally been getting cold where I live, so I bought some bubble bath, hot cocoa, and scented candles to relax with before I start drawing. It's remarkably soothing and it really helps to get into a good state of mind.

>>2773518
>>Please give me praise and adoration I am so fragile and needy!
This wasn't said or implied by anyone.
>I just enjoy hearing how people are improving or what they're doing to find a little joy in their hardwork.
Does not equate to being thin-skinned you autistic little shit.
>>
>>2773353
Did you used the opportunity for some post coital life drawing?
>>
>>2773124
I finally got an offer to draw an all-ages comic book! It's my childhood dream. I've been walking on clouds today.

So far I'm contracted to just one issue, and the pay isn't huge ($50 a page) but it's going to be published and ready in time for the american comic con circuit, so I'm pretty excited.
>>
File: 1435451766292.png (53KB, 300x276px) Image search: [Google]
1435451766292.png
53KB, 300x276px
>>2773640
>I just enjoy hearing how people are improving or what they're doing to find a little joy in their hardwork.

There are literally tens if not hundreds of other avenues and websites where you could blog about yourself and are dedicated, nay, designed to circlejerk with others by means of upboats and likes or whatever methods (((they))) use to give you a false sense of recognition so you could boast about yourself and give personal information all so you could accumulate those good goy points via views and favorites.

I am sincerely telling you to go blog about it, you might just get a couple of "likes" or find someone to feel good with and play some assgrab and have a circlejerk. Oblivious is bliss.
>>
>>2773653
Being berated by ESL autists for liking nice things is one of the main reasons I come here though.
>>
>>2773382
Did you draw you own hand? What about the other side? Mirror? Ref online? Imagination?
>>
File: rad.jpg (41KB, 374x454px) Image search: [Google]
rad.jpg
41KB, 374x454px
>>2773124
After a long dry spell, I've started drawing seriously every single day again.
Making progress and enjoying the act in itself is a feeling I've missed.
>>
>>2773124
I started drawing again after 8 years.

I made a promise a long time ago that I would paint someones portrait. And they died recently.

I swear to god I'm gonna do it. I'm not gonna do you dirty Mrs. O'connell.
>>
>>2773124

The perspective book in the sticky is fucking useless. Thanks for nothing /ic/.
>>
>>2773124
I've been stepping out of my comfort zone recently, trying out landscapes and more expressive work. It isn't terrible I guess. I'm gonna start practicing the human figure much more soon. I hope the art academy I'll be going to next year will be useful.

Would it be better to get my BFA in figure drawing or painting?
>>
>>2773382
came here to say I'm shit at hands but I'm not giving up!
>>
>>2773653
>smug anime girl
>>
>>2773124
Today is my birthday and my family was just here visiting. Now I'm finally alone relaxing on the couch in my very clean apartment. with leftover cake.
>>
>>2776419
Happy birthday anon
>>
>>2773124
I rewatched Vilppus head lecture and realized I was making a super stupid mistake with my proportions.
>>
>>2776420
thanks, senpai
>>
>>2773124

Roommate's been tapped to help with a potential TV pilot. He's earned it with the crap he's been through, but from a selfish point of view it means if the project succeeds, I've got my foot in the door.
>>
Yesterday I theorized I might be better at painting and rendering if I took an entirely different approach to one I'd been taking. Today I tried it and found out I was right. I'm excited to try it on a larger scale now.
>>
>>2777065
Can you explain this different approach? You have peaked my curiosity.
>>
>>2777068
Before I was trying to paint things all on one layer like you'd do in a traditional painting, which just wasn't working for me. So I started using layers with different modes and masks to separate drawing, coloring, and rendering from each other. Being able to focus on adjusting one thing without screwing up another gave me the control I needed to get the look I wanted. I still hope one day I'll get good enough with color theory and value to be able to do painted sketches or whatever but for now this has been way easier and turned out way better results.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.