[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>artist with amazing traditional skills discovers and switches

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1361085000250.jpg (23KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1361085000250.jpg
23KB, 320x287px
>artist with amazing traditional skills discovers and switches to full-on digital
>work gets sloppier and sterile as a result

Every fucking time.
>>
>Wes Burt Syndrome
>>
>>2772670
MIURA
>>
>>2772670
Huh, I was actually considering doing that, since I've wanted to scan my shit and color it brighter, with some fixes. Any examples of traditionals who do this?
>>
>>2772670
>>work gets sloppier
>doesn't know how hard is to draw with a stylus compared with traditional tools
>>and sterile
>doesn't know with digital you have to think of every mark and custom your brush/ canvas depending on what effect you want to achieve, when with traditional every material comes with it's own effects
>>
>>2772672
>Wes Burt Syndrome

What's his story

>>2772677

Me but I am not posting my work on this thread
>>
File: 05706131.jpg (70KB, 650x427px)
05706131.jpg
70KB, 650x427px
>not being excited for the free and infinite potential of expression that computers and digital affords us
>>
File: chronicles_of_hate_01_088.jpg (1MB, 2037x3056px) Image search: [Google]
chronicles_of_hate_01_088.jpg
1MB, 2037x3056px
>>2772677
Adrian smith does stuff in charcoal then scans and touches up digitally
>>
>>2772680
you are a faggot.

end of discussion, faggot
>>
>>2772705
Welp, I just found my new favorite artist. This guy is incredible.
>>
>>2772670
>tfw great digital artists inspired me to get my own tablet
>it's so fucking uncomfortable and awkward for me to use that I've just given up
I can't make smooth lines anymore. The surface feels almost frictionless. Sometimes, I put a sheet of paper over the tablet to get that feel again, but it just doesn't work. It's absolutely killing me, because they say you get used to it, but three years later and I still handle work digitally as if all my traditional experience poofed out of existence.
>>
>>2772870
don't treat it like your drawing on paper. treat it like you're drawing on a dry-erase board.
>>
>>2772705
This is charcoal? How the fuck? Someone teach me how to do this high standard of work with charcoal.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.