[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just had my birthday and I was offered to either get a ipad

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (674KB, 1200x765px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
674KB, 1200x765px
I just had my birthday and I was offered to either get a ipad pro with the apple pencil or a new stationary pc. I'm torn. On one hand I have done a lot of life studies with my old ipad in procreate and I could use it to do commission work. Or, I could upgrade my old computer that while perfectly adequate for photoshop is pretty shit for 3d which I'm starting to get more interested in. And being able to play new games would be a nice plus, although not too important.
I have a cintiq already.

Obviously it's up to me in the end but I could use someone else's input. Thanks!
>>
>>2771214
>I have a cintiq already
take the pc you fag
>>
>>2771238
this 2bqh pham.
>>
>>2771214
>3d shit
What 3d shit?
If you're looking at scuplting/modelling, you literally only need a decent CPU, and buying a new rig is retarded. I used to work in zbrush on a fucking atom cpu tablet.

If you want to render, that's a different story.

I'm kinda in the same boat, I really want to get an ipad pro because tablets are a million times more enjoyable for me to draw on, and the pencil is fucking amazing, but I never owned an apple product and I have no idea what ios is like, and the thing is expensive.
Also, I gave up on windows tablets because microsoft ruined the tablet environment.

I think you can return it in 15 days/1 month depending on where you are and where you get it from, so I plan on getting it and returning it if I don't like it.
>>
>>2771327

Both. So far I'm using Vue to create light reference for imaginary landscapes and the rendering is painfully slow. Also dabbling a bit with zbrush and daz. I don't have SSD harddrives and I hear they are pretty useful to make PS run faster aswell. I currently have 8 gb of ram which is okay for medium sized files but it doesn't seem enough for really big files.

If you're comfortable in photoshop you should learn procreate without too much trouble, it's very intuitive and well adapted for working with touch gestures. I've been able to do decent life paintings with a $5 stylus without pressure sensitivity. It works well with simplified blocky forms but it's hard to do gestural stuff, so for drawing the apple pencil seems pretty awesome.
>>
>>2771214
Games are a fucking waste of time

Get the tablet, it's simply amazing with the pen

>I have no idea what ios is like

Stable, minimal. Does basic surfing, streaming well. Don't expect a plethora of apps. You just need procreate
>>
>tfw got offered an ipad pro and have until tomorrow to decide
>>
>>2771214
What did you do, OP?

>>2771327 here, I bit the bullet and ordered one
>>
i just bought an ipad pro and apple pencil this week, senpai. fuck dinosaur pc w/ tablet slaves
>>
>>2771418
>Get the tablet, it's simply amazing with the pen

that shit is 600 bucks, why can't I just get a samsung tablet for 200 or 300? what makes it better for drawing?
>>
>>2773491
The pen is much, much better. Hilariously so.

Don't take my (admitely, shill-ish) word for it, go to a mall or something and try both.
>>
>>2773491
the apple pencil is literally the best stylus on the market right now.
>>
>>2773554
This. I thought Apple was a meme until the pencil came out.

Either they really do innovate and are the """creative's""" company, or wacom are such jews they literally purposefully retard the tech in order to sell us trash and huion (not mention lolgenius and co.) are absolutely incompetent.

I'm actually thinking about buying a macbook now. I was in a computer shop yesterday, and all the other screens look like washed out garbage next to macs
>>
Okay guys, I am starting to lean more and more in the direction of the iPad/Apple Pencil choice. I started doing more research and I read that the 9.7 model has slightly better color reproduction and less screen glare.
The 12.9 version on the other hand has twice the ram and a highspeed usb port that charges faster. It's been a while since I tried them out at the store but from what I read the bigger 12.9 model is a bit cumbersome to carry around for extended periods of time which is definitely a no no since I liked standing up when doing plein air studies with my old iPad.

I'm gonna head to the store tomorrow to try them out again, but thoughts on pros and cons of the 12.9 vs the 97 model?
>>
>>2773721
get the big one imo

it's not that big to be a problem

the smaller one does have slightly better colors, but even the big one is most likely better than any screen you ever had
true tone is cool for reading, but you'll turn it off for art anyway

depends on your needs and how you want to use it besides art

big one is better for art in general, but the small one is better if you want to carry it around in your jacket or sketch in public (because you're not holding an a4+ sized object with a very shiny apple logo)

i used to draw on an 8 inch windows tablet, and it wasn't too terrible, but I'd go for the big one unless using it outside is your main priority
>>
>>2773757

I would use it mainly for life painting and art books. My old iPad is fine for reading but it's storage space is very limited so I plan on getting the 256 gb model.

Yeah, I would definitely use it a lot in public so that's why I'm leaning towards the smaller model. I guess I'll just have to look at them in the store again to get a feel of what's closer to my own preference.
>>
>>2773772
>so I plan on getting the 256 gb model.
You could almost buy two 32GB 9.7 models for the price of a single 256gb 12.9. If you're swimming in cash and like being robbed, go right ahead. Just be aware that cloud storage is a thing, and you don't need to hold your computer's entire image library, books and psds in your tablet.
>>
>>2773831
>You could almost buy two 32GB 9.7 models for the price of a single 256gb 12.9
>You could almost buy two tablets for the price of a single tablet with twice the ram, 8 times the storage and almost twice the screem surface
Straight up robbery yo
>>
>>2773859
Congrats, you're the first person I've ever seen defend Apple's storage prices, with an argument that's completely ridiculous at that. But sure thing anon, paying almost $400 for 256gb of flash storage is a great deal. Go right ahead.
>>
>>2773897
>defend Apple's storage prices
Nice strawman.

You were (and still are) implying the only difference between a 32gb 9.7 and 256gb 12.9 is storage, which is retarded.

>paying almost $400 for 256gb of flash storage is a great deal
Another strawman.
The price for 256gb is $200, and the price is the same for both models.

The other $200 that is the difference between a 32gb 9.7 and 256gb 12.9 (so $400 total with the storage price) is 70% bigger screen, bigger battery, ram, etc.

Not liking Apple's storage prices is one thing, you're just being retarded.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.