[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I need help with some concept art, can you give

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Rade_01.jpg (391KB, 1890x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Rade_01.jpg
391KB, 1890x1417px
Hey guys, I need help with some concept art, can you give me some pointers?
>>
>>2767025
Loomis
Not gunna make it
>>
Watch FZD
https://youtu.be/7rI6q6bv7do
>>
>>2767025
In order to be a competent concept artist you have to be able to create and communicate a SHIT ton of ideas for one design.

This means you don't get to turn in a "finished" product, you don't get to create just "one" character and most of your ideas are not going to make it in the final design.
You also have to be able to defend and state your ideas clearly, without being a dickhead.
It is absolutely mandatory to be able to take criticism and turn it into a product that other people are happy with.
Not only that but you also have to give directions, ideas and feedback to all your co-workers and yes, concept art ist never done by only one person.

Oh, and of course you have to have an excellent understanding of form, light and design. You have to be able to create shape languages that are consistent, perspective viewangles that show the most of the character and you'll most like never ever get to polish your drawings youself.
>>
>>2767312
In addition to that you have to socially competent, make friends and understand the people behind the artwork.
You have to be a person that others can easily work with, because if you don't that you'll become an outcast, which is most likely going to be fired because of it.

You need to know the rules to simple but effective designs, as well as highly technological design. Meaning you have to design stuff that looks good while at the same time seems like it's fully functional.

But the biggest rule, is to never ever, under any circumstances, take it personal.

If you have even a light attachment to every drawing you do, then don't try, because the industry doesn't want perfectionists, we want people that can function.

There you go OP.
>>
>>2767025
Cutting it out took more time than drawing it, admit it!
>>
>>2767314
>tfw socially incompetent
I-I'm gonna make it desu.
>>
Treat your art with respect. Use unlined paper,and prepare to use a LOT of it. Play around when you draw:explore ideas roughly,and as you feel your way to what you're looking for,then draw less roughly and do the concept in different poses and angles.
Sometimes you may only like a bit of what you drew,so keep the idea for the next iteration.

Eventually you'll find a way. Just enjoy the journey getting there.
>>
File: Angel.jpg (119KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
Angel.jpg
119KB, 570x855px
>>2767025
C'mon bro, you can do better!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.