[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pixiv added some kind of new Patreon like system to their site

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: pixiv fanbox.jpg (318KB, 656x498px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv fanbox.jpg
318KB, 656x498px
Pixiv added some kind of new Patreon like system to their site called "fanbox". A few known artists already created accounts on it, and interestingly enough, Houtengeki is among them. Like Patreon, you seems to pay each months to get exclusive stuffs, in that case, drawing process.
>>
>>2763721
sigh...this is the beginning of the end
>>
>>2763721
Exclusive stuff that people will upload onto various torrent sites so who cares
>>
>>2763749
It's more about the fact that artists that usually doesn't do it will show their process for once.

And makes it easier if you want to support this kind of Pixiv only artists.
>>
>>2763721
wew, wonder if deviantart will do so to, if pixiv does I don't see why they couldn't
>>
>>2763764
DA is dying.
>>
>>2763765
Still larger and more popular than Pixiv.
>>
>>2763772
> one is for everyone
> other is mostly for jap

Geez, I wonder why. DA still is becoming more and more garbage.
>>
>>2763721
>another shill site
>>
>>2763811
>Wanting people to pay for work is bad
>>
>>2763772
>Artists leaving DA in droves.
>But...but... IT'S STILL DA BIGGESTS !
>>
>>2764227
>>2763765

Is there any evidence of this? I don't doubt it is true, but I am curious to see just how many people are leaving and at what rate.
>>
>>2763764
>if pixiv does I don't see why they couldn't
Pixiv has very good and popular artists that don't use any other site.

DA's good, popular artists are all on patreon, and those that aren't are not looking for a patreon lite.
>>
>>2764253
Not that person but dA is a shell of it's former self. I've been a member for 8 years and was quite popular (been on the front page many times) so I know it pretty well but even I have to admit that the userbase has just gone.
No one comments on anything anymore, people used to get 2,000+4,000 favs on the front page, nowadays you can get on the front page with sub 500.
People left for twitter and tumblr. Thank dA's terrible decision to stop moderating the site, ignoring theft reports and allowing traces.
>>
>>2764269
>people used to get 2,000+4,000 favs on the front page, nowadays you can get on the front page with sub 500.

And now they also gives at least one DA to a furry everyday.

The worst part about DA must be the way research is handled. Only way to get views if you're not popular (and as such have a strong fanbase and/or good placement on the site) is becoming a member of thousand of shitty clubs. Tag is hardly ever used.
>>
>>2763818
>paying amateurs
>>
>pixiv fanbox
pointless for baka gaijins because you need a japanese bank account and matching address/name. same with Booth though you can buy from both as an outsider
>>
>>2764455
>internet is a global marketplace with all currencies including imaginary bitcoins
>can only pay with kappa coins

spoonfeed me the details. i had one semester of economics in high school
>>
>>2764443
>amateurs that can draw way better than you ever will
>>
>>2764527
It keeps the money moving within their economy. Sometimes this is better than being an international market. There's also other stuff like government policies and setbacks that occur before being able to go global.
>>
>>2764443
If you're paying them, they're not amateurs
>>
>>2764443
Houtengeki have a "how to draw female body" book and it's selling really well. He also did lots of payed illustration works. He's as pro as you can get.
>>
File: 59319968_p1.jpg (201KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
59319968_p1.jpg
201KB, 1000x1600px
>>2764443
>houtengeki
>amateur

Even with his shitty animu sameface garbage, his female bodies are still quality you can learn from. Gitgud.
>>
How this will end is, you'll have amatures learning off the pros then get impatient and try to pull a sak!mic@an and then you'll have clones upon clones of houtengeki's but vastly worse offering "tutorials" which then floods the market and crashes the bubble. Mark my words this isn't even the end. On top of this we have cubebrush which WILL do the same next year.
>>
>>2764455
the japanese bootleg of patreon (forgot the name) also doesn't allow gaijins as creators (you can give them money though). I mean they even go as far as to check you aren't using a friend's name/address as well as needing a japanese bank account.

maybe something to do with dealing with taxes with gaijins that are just too much trouble/expensive. or they just don't like gaijins.
>>
>>2764227
>WAAHH BUT LOADS OF ARTIST ARE LEAVING !! DXXX
>still the largest, most popular website for artists in the world in spite of that
lol
>>
>>2764836
Enty takes US pledges? Good to know. I assumed it didn't.
>>
>>2764269
Got any non-anecdotal proof? I want statistics.
>>
>>2764843
Size is irrelevant, fucking tumblr is more popular and has more artists
>>
Art should be free
>>
>>2765748
>fanart should be free
FTFY
>>
>>2765748
I think you forget how shitty things made by people with no time are.
There never was a golden age of hobbyist art.
>>
>>2765748
art is a luxury

so you saying luxury should be free? ok, how are you gonna make a society which accomplish that and doesn't crumble in 2 generations max?
>>
>>2765781
Look at our current society, it's working.
>>
>>2765785
But art isn't free now, you dumb faggot.
>>
>>2764443
Only amateurs draw fun stuff. I don't want to wait a month for an amazingly rendered boring picture. From my experience idea and presentation completely trump having a completely perfect and professional piece of art. Stop being jelly and just pay artists who deserve to be paid for the work they do. It's not hard, just a couple of clicks. Get to it.
>>
>>2763721

the entire reason I've learned to draw well is so I don't have to pay the nips to draw my fantasies/fetishes. feelsgood.jpg
>>
>>2764769
Yeah, just like patreon artists aren't getting money on patreon since that bubble burst years ago like everyone said it would. Oh wait, tons of artists make pretty good money there now with more showing up all the time. I love these armchair bubble experts.
>>
>>2765791
>From my experience idea and presentation completely trump having a completely perfect and professional piece of art.
In terms of cheap internet attention? Maybe.
In terms of actual monetary value? Never.

Amateurs draw things that will get them attention from random people who have little to no money at all, not corporations who can actually pay good wages.
>>
>>2765798
>not corporations who can actually pay good wages.

Alright, but this isn't a fantasy land. Do you know how hard it is to land an actual art job with a high paying respectable company? I mean I don't personally, but let's be real here. If art jobs that pay decent wages and don't treat their employees like slaves exist in high numbers, I guess there would be no starving, depressed, or artjobless artists out there. That would be a great world. We both know it doesn't work like that though. Maybe you have an awesome art job and you're making bank. If so, congrats. Don't just assume it's that way for everyone though.
>>
>>2765798
Nigger, are you dumb?
The chain of command in production literally goes: a guy with good ideas >>> a dozen craft monkeys
>>
>>2765816
>Alright, but this isn't a fantasy land.
When your work is shit, yes it is. And most amateurs have terrible work. So they resort to internet fame because it's a lot easier to achieve.

>>2765821
Amateurs don't have good ideas. They are juvenile and ultimately worthless. Craft monkeys have more value.
>>
>>2765830
>And most amateurs have terrible work.
I mean, I'm not an expert in the art trade by any means. I'm just a student doing art in my free time as my main hobby. Your words make you seem like the type to look down on others if they aren't best of the best. I'm not sure what your angle is, and I'm not going to attempt a guess. For many people, posting amateur work and relying on fans or supporters to help them get by in life is their only option, or maybe the best one at the time for them. Either way, it's beautiful to me that such a world exists. Where someone doesn't have to sell their soul or climb a ladder like some kind of monkey to earn a wage in this line of work. Game artists, card artists, designers, all of them work different trades, and many of them hate their line of work because it's never what they want to do. If you like drawing amateur things, and you get paid for that, it's beautiful isn't it? Even if you look down on them, they'll be smiling up at you while you stress yourself into a headache over nothing.
>>
>>2765835
Everyone has their standards and most of the people I look up to and study from are professionals. I'm just being honest. If you want to call that looking down on others go ahead. I really don't care. The professionals are where they are for a reason and that's what I want for myself. I'm not going to bother looking at amateurs online. They can do them. But I still have my standards and opinions.
>>
>>2765841
There's a very thin line between amateur and professional these days, and many of the better artists completely cut that line in a few years.

Also I'm saying you look down on others because of your vocabulary. You're very adamant about separating amateurs and professionals. Professional just means that they earn money from their trade, which means that most artists with a patreon or who get commissions are professionals by definition. Do you mean you only admire those who work for high paying companies? Like game artists? Or whose paintings are in a gallery? What kind of criteria do you have? I'm curious.
>>
>>2765846
By professionals I mean people with solid corporate industry experience, be it games, comics, or animation.
>>
>>2765849
That's an interesting thing to aspire to I guess. To me, if someone is self-taught and only earns money making manga, amateur fanart books, an online webcomic, or commissions their art online they are just as important and impressive if not moreso than someone who sent in a resume to some bignamecorp#20018313, but that's just me. I don't get the hardon you have for corporations and credentials.
>>
>>2765860
The people in those corporations are the ones responsible for the iconic IPs those fanartists piggybank off of. I'll always see people like them as more valuable and worth learning from. They are the trendsetters. Most independent artists resort to fanart. That just makes them followers selling to other followers/consumers. I wouldn't call that more impressive. I wouldn't call that impressive at all.
>>
Amateurs and self-taught artists have no right to asking money for their art. People without any art education should not work in industry. Art is not for poor plebs
>>
>>2766033
Weakest troll attempt I've seen yet.
>>
>>2766033
Nice dubs but weak bait.
>>
File: 1476349470103.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1476349470103.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>2766033
>>
>>2764738
Do yourself a favor and develop a taste. Develop a critical eye while you're at it and if your hands are the size similar to this model, I'd suggest you go see a doctor as well.

>>2765786
Well put.
>>
>>2765946
a lot of independent artists do their own things and their own IPs, and a guy managing to establish his own IP without having billions to spend on marketing is way more impressive than a pawn of an industry which is risk averse and constantly milking the same IPs over and over, while the original creators of those IP aren't even part of the projects anymore
>>
>>2765793

It's only a matter of time. I'm always right.
>>
>>2766105
>a lot of independent artists do their own things and their own IPs,
A lot isn't most. Most independent artists are just drawing fanart from established IPs because it's all they can do to bring in the money. At the end of the day, they are still pawns. Only, the company isn't paying them to be, the fandom is.
>>
>>2763749
pirating is dying as well, there's no denying that
>>
>>2766092
>Develop a critical eye
>>
>>2763775
>> other is mostly for jap
Isn't pixiv popular with SEAniggers, weebs and chinks? That's like almost the whole eastern hemisphere.
>>
>>2766459
What does "confidence" stands for anyway? Understanding your level?
>>
>>2766588
What you think you know
>>
>>2763726
>sigh...
Fuck off back to tumblr anytime
>>
>>2766459
>No nothing
ayy nice chart bb|
>>
>>2763721
What's the difference and appeal to staying on Pixiv rather than trying your luck on Patreon or on Drawcrowd?
>>
>>2763721
Umm. ic-senpai, you will leak pixiv FANBOX content, r-right?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.