[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ic/ I'm going to be frank with you guys, I can't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: Llah Nitsuj-Recovered-min.jpg (1MB, 3931x5581px) Image search: [Google]
Llah Nitsuj-Recovered-min.jpg
1MB, 3931x5581px
Hey /ic/ I'm going to be frank with you guys, I can't color my way out of a paper bag. Like is someone were to put a gun against my head and say, "Color this shit well nigga!" I'd put the gun in my mouth and pull the trigger myself (Cause if I'm going to die its going to be on my terms).

I say all that to say, please help. Unlike anatomy and inking and things, I have no idea where to start when it comes to coloring. So if I could get some pointers, tutorials, anything that can help me out?

Also if there are any other people that have any questions about their coloring it would post it. All help is good help as long as its helpful.

Also pic related: These are my flats.
>>
>>2762290
Learn values then you'll understand.
>>
>>2762291
Where do I start man?
>>
>>2762291
The value scale. Dark to light.
>>
File: p043h3jf.jpg (163KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
p043h3jf.jpg
163KB, 1280x640px
>>2762290
depends on what kind of color you want to do

pic related, watchmen has ugly colors, but seems to rock it hard.

there are some books that talk about coloring in the book thread. I personally dont know jack shit about coloring, but a couple hits of acid, shrooms, and some colored pencils, you'll def get a better understanding of color
>>
>>2762299
Well I'm Vanilla as shit so drugs are a out for me. But I would like to have it where there colors I use are able to convey mood of the situation. Like in this seen, I would like it to have a good about of darker reds where the woodland creatures are where and a lot more greens coming from behind the Tiefling.
>>
>>2762290

"Color" by Hornung is what you need.
>>
>>2762302
>vanilla
well, then see >>2762310
and get outta here ya book worm
>>
>>2762310
Will it help me with digital coloring as well? Cause I'm too spineless to color traditional and fuck up.
>>
>>2762325

There's a bit about doing color studies in digital, so yes, but generally you would like to do some traditional color studies anyway.
>>
>>2762290
consider first laying out what values you want to see in the finished work, your flats have almost no indiction of a value structure.

also explore what your fave artists' color work look like. Have an aesthetic in mind that you want to go for when coloring.
>>
File: asdasd.jpg (1MB, 1474x1396px) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.jpg
1MB, 1474x1396px
>>2762399

just experiment! color can be really fun
>>
File: asdasd.jpg (1MB, 1474x1396px) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.jpg
1MB, 1474x1396px
>>2762400
>>
File: pin_457467274632664390.jpg (68KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
pin_457467274632664390.jpg
68KB, 894x894px
>>2762386
Again, color retard here so I have no idea what you mean.

I thought you were supposed to lay down a bar dominate color first (like the most prominent color) and value on top of that. And I don't really have a favorite colorist, but I do have a style I've gravitated towards that I enjoy highly. Its like right at the cusp of being too simplistic but there is just enough to make out the form. Like the colors arent just there to show shadow value, but the artist uses it to carve out the form. Pic related is an image I have saved that relates to that... One of many variations of it.

It reminds me of when I'm inking with the brush own.

>>2762400
>>2762401

That's what I've been trying to do. Actually I've been trying to find an aspect of coloring I enjoy. Like, I didn't truly start practicing my figure drawing, inking, etc. Until I found something about it I loved. And when I did, the put progress I made was staggering (I'm still amazed by it seeing as I went through a 3 year stagnation with little to no progress made in my art).

But color, since I was little, has never truly been a enjoyable experience for me and I don't know why... I just can't find a aspect of it that I thoroughly enjoy.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.