[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just quit a very high paying job (that I love) and moved abroad

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0220.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0220.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I just quit a very high paying job (that I love) and moved abroad to paint full time. What have I let myself in for? Any advice?
>>
File: wtf-face.jpg (18KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
wtf-face.jpg
18KB, 300x195px
>>2762125
>just quit
>high paying job
>that I love

Literally why?
>>
>>2762131
I've this idea in my head that I can do it, only started the job because of the "you can make art from anything" mantra, so I took a swing and I hit it
>>
>>2762125
You're in for a lifetime of pain and misery
>>
>>2762141
But you ended up liking the job and makign decent money. Throwing all that away with nothing to secure your daily income is beyond stupid, especially since what you posted in the OP sucks... I better hope this is bait.

>Any advice?
Maybe they take you back if you ask niceley.
>>
>>2762125
You did good, very smart decision
>>
You can always get a similar job as long as its on your resume. Enjoy your life before youre too old to do anything like that.
>>
>>2762161
This is sorta what I'm hoping, I know a lot about the job in certain ways, but when it comes to "this is how it's done" I can't understand the logic of a lot of it

Btw, I left a (virtually worthless) 4 bedroom house and now I live in a single room bed sit, but the bathrooms nicely done... it's a granny flat at the back of a family home. Wtf have I done?
>>
>>2762125
doesn't look like you have the chops to make it as a professional artist, should've kept the job until you got your game up. I'm guessing you're rich and it doesn't matter, otherwise prepare to starve.
>>
>>2762174
Good thing my old job was food related
>>
>>2762125
nah, you are lying. you left job that you love for that? Instead of cashing in on what you apparently love doing and paint on the weekends? I call bulshit on that
>>
>>2762125
I quit 2 jobs to shitpost and haven't regretted a second. You'll make it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2762177
>>2762189
>>2762147

It's not a shitpost

Dinner

A la tard
>>
File: 1479170962306.png (159KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
1479170962306.png
159KB, 289x289px
>>2762125
Get ready for a shitload of pain!
>>
>>2762200
Double dubs declared it
>>
>>2762199
Well then Man, go and study 16 hours per day.
Come back when your a Professional.
>>
>>2762213
Remember this thread (cos that'll happen) I'll try another post in ~6 months
>>
>>2762216
Make a blog so I can follow your progress
>>
>>2762223
Give me a website URL and I'll do it
>>
>>2762236
Tumblr is good. Ignore the memes. They don't matter unless you blog with others.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2762246
Gonnastarve
>>
>>2762125
Im not a pro by any means, however, being a person that gets my comminisions regularly, i highly suggest you keep a job. Build a fan base with constant updates to a blog. Make sketches and full drawings, converse with the community to show you really care about your craft. When you feel like you made some progesss and like 80 followers or something, say you're open for commisioning. Show some valid no jew prices. None of this $85 shit, you have to be really good to make it happen. at least with a low fanbase. When you start getting an income, and i mean, a monthly or weekly income to support yourself, then you may CONSIDER leaving your job.

Good luck my friend. It took me years. Hopefully youre better than me and make it faster. Hell, make a patreon if you wanna go that route once you get a fanbase.

tldr: Work hard as fuck and be active with the community, keeping a job as back up until you got the means to live off your craft.
>>
>>2762259
Gonnastarve on tumbler, if you ever wonder, why not
>>
I did the same, just for a year. Moved overseas to south east asia, started a life drawing class and spent a year drawing naked backpackers. A++ would do again (so poor rite now).
>>
>>2762273
So happiness really is better than money.
>>
>>2762274
no shit
>>
>>2762277
But the naysayers say money is everything
>>
>>2762278
you'll understand when you have a 6 figure job that you hate
>>
>>2762282
It's okay senpai, I already understand. That's why I do art.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.