[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is patreon a form of begging i thought about making a patreon

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: dispair.gif (988KB, 250x169px) Image search: [Google]
dispair.gif
988KB, 250x169px
is patreon a form of begging

i thought about making a patreon but i dont want to cut my balls off in the process
>>
>>2760969
Just don't lock shit behind a paywall and don't shove it into everything and you should be fine
>>
>>2760976
don't listen to this guy. nobody will give you money if you don't incentivize donations by content locking
>>
>>2760978
Wont people just share them anyway?
>>
>>2760976
>muh paywall
Cry more. Viewing art for free is a privilege, not a right. An artist is free to demand whatever people are willing to give them.
>>
>>2760981
you overestimate how internet savvy people are. sure you will always have people pirating your stuff, but many people will still pay you because they're dumb with money.
>>
>>2761054
>many people will still pay you because they're dumb with money
Or because they want to support you as an artist so you will be able to create more in the future.
>>
>>2760969
>is patreon a form of begging
Yes.
>>
If you get money from drawing in some manner to pay your bills then who cares?
>>
Patronage is not a new concept. Embrace the artist's heritage of begging for money from rich people.
>>
>>2760969
Being paid for most forms of non-physical goods/services in this day and age is, in practice, living off charity. Without getting into the discussion on whether or not people should pirate or the like, the reality is that it is being done, and once you release something, it is likely to happen to your work. So, yes, you are living off the goodwill of others if you make a living off a patreon, for example. No value judgment there from me, it's just a fact.
>>
Regarding Patreon, do you need a large following before making one and having it be decently profitable?
>>
>>2761153
no
>>
>>2761064
yea that's exactly what he said
>>
>>2760969
post your work OP
>>
Patreon is a service, you are selling extras to people interested in your work.

If all you are saying is "I draw, give me money", then yes, you are begging
>>
>>2761153
Absolutely.
>>
we are all beggars
>>
>>2761153
If you expect any more then a few extra pocket-dollars a month, then yes, you'll need a large follower base (like 10 000 and above followers)
>>
tfw you make patreon and you only get $1/month for a year
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.