[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Take photos of myself then trace the poses This is cheating,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: donkey_sad.png (174KB, 540x221px) Image search: [Google]
donkey_sad.png
174KB, 540x221px
>Take photos of myself then trace the poses
This is cheating, isn't it?
>>
Ask Noah.
>>
>>2760964
who
>>
>>2760963
Whom are you cheating besides yourself? No one here gives a shit whether you do art the right way, it's your life. Just be aware that tracing (or even copying to some extent) won't do jack shit for your art career.
>>
>>2760963

No, that's actually retarded. On the other hand, if you would just reference yourself, then it is all good and proper.
>>
If it helps you understand the things you need to understand, go for it.

N O R U L E S
O N L Y T O O L S
>>
>>2760963
>>2760970
I fear that the slippery sloppery will make me fail and stop studying and just half ass stuff with this.
How do I stop myself from auto-destructive tendencies like that?
>>
>>2760972

Learn to meditate, literally silence your mind and merely focus on the task at hand.
>>
File: Daddy_a4a008_5732764.png (6KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Daddy_a4a008_5732764.png
6KB, 640x480px
>>2760963
Actually never mind.
I'm tracing right now and this is even more boring than studying or from reference.

Dodged a bullet
>>
>>2760967
better tell sakimichan.
>>
>>2760963
What are you going to do if you will want to draw a cute girl?
>>
>>2760963
>>2761006
There's actually nothing wrong with using an underlay, but it depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
Product designers often build digital 3d models and then draw over top of them instead of plotting everything out by hand.
It can also save time if you're trying to design different ideas over the same shape (like clothing over a body or car designs over a specific frame), in which case it's just a waste of time to draw the baseline every time.
It can be useful for many things, but as you've already found out, it's not enough to rely on for everything. In order to be a good artist, you must understand when and why to use all of the techniques you learn
>>
There is absolutely no such thing as cheating in regards to creating artwork. The process is unimportant - what matters is the result.
>>
>>2760963
Renaissance painters would trace the refraction of light
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.