[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best and most extensive resources/websites/books

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 047.png (298KB, 1102x1600px) Image search: [Google]
047.png
298KB, 1102x1600px
What are the best and most extensive resources/websites/books you have for building visual library of clothing folds.

And I'm talking about things beyond just the 7 basic folds

Perhaps something like the resources for nude poses we have, but with clothes.

Any help will be appreciated
>>
well obviously you should buy the outfits and wear them yourself then take pictures and trace them.
>>
>>2757684
HAIL
>>
>>2757686
This.

Post them here for other anons to reference.
>>
>>2757686
>not just trying them on in the changing room and taking pictures
What do you think we are? Rich?
>>
>>2757686
Thats
>expensive
>You most likely wont be achieving the pose you want
>You probably wont have those references 100% of the time

Answering OP question:
Dynamic wrinkles and drapery
Book by Burne Hogarth
Drawing drapery from head to toe by cliff young

They are not tutoring books and more documentation of how clothing translate to drawing. They are kinda advanced, so you will have to be creative and make your own exercises and grinding based on them.

If you want a book that will hold your hand I recommend to you "barbara bradley drawing the clothed figure".
>>
>>2757684
What, no nazi hoggart posted yet?
>>
>>2757713
HOGARTH
O
G
A
R
T
H
>>
File: 1468204658420.jpg (56KB, 383x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468204658420.jpg
56KB, 383x500px
>>2757831
>>
>>2757684
Well, drapery is affected by gravity and wind, so if you get the gesture nice and fluid, you're 80% there. Similar to drawing hair, really.
>>
>>2757684
Daz standard model combinee with Marvelous Designer could help a lot.
>>
>>2757829
>>You most likely wont be achieving the pose you want
train your flexibility grampa
>>
>>2757965
You are right!!
How much yoga do you have to do to make this one tho
>>
>>2757832
>>2757852
>>2757829
Yes the book is great and I have read it. But like I said I wanted references beyond the basic folds.

For example, we already have anatomy books such as Goldfinger's and Richer's.

But we need more than that and that's why we have nude model photographs like Proko

Hogarth is like those anatomy books, so what about the equivalent to the nude model photographs?

>>2757872
Yeah, I've tried that method. It sometimes works, it sometimes doesn't.

It's very difficult to get the program to make the clothes look the way you want it to look especially in extreme poses
>>
File: ht_poc3_jacksparrow_01.jpg (286KB, 563x750px) Image search: [Google]
ht_poc3_jacksparrow_01.jpg
286KB, 563x750px
>>2758538
Negro what esle there is?
>Books
>Directly tracing from reference or 3D models

The only thing I can think of different that may be more fitting about a IRL model would be buying dolls or plushes that have clothes on them.
>>
>>2758542
Yeah I'm having trouble researching the reference I want. I usually use images.google.com

So I'm asking if there are any other resource sites or compilations.

What do you use?
>>
>>2758543
That jack sparrow doll actually.
Shits older than one of my brothers.

If I need something else I just stand in front of a mirror and check the wrinkles and foldings of my clothes.

Mostly from imagination, using anchor points and gravity, from hoggart book.
>>
>>2757984
two yogas
>>
>>2758544
That's pretty cool. Maybe I should get one

I'll try the mirror method too, it seems a decent workaround when you just can't get your drawing to look right
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.