[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I get good working digitally? I want to work for Disney.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

how do I get good working digitally? I want to work for Disney. do I have to get good with traditional medium first?
>>
>>2757035
Aren't they all about 3DCG nowadays ?
>>
>tfw know the reality of what OP is asking but OP probably doesn't
You may want to pick a different goal.
>>
>>2757037
>>2757038

I don't know. what do you guys know?
>>
>>2757040
What's the last Disney cartoon you've seen?
>>
>>2757035
>>2757040

You want to work for Disney, but you don't even know what company does now? (or in the last 10 years).

I should meme now.
>>
>>2757035
Whatever type of art you're going to be doing, you'll need to know how to draw. So work on that. You can learn digitally or traditionally, doesn't really matter since they both use the same knowledge. Drawing on a tablet takes some time to get used to, but you'll probably want to learn to use one eventually. You don't have to though, if you really don't want to.
>>
>>2757038
>>2757077
There stuff is all pretty much 3d now but I assume they still have a couple 2d artists on for stuff like concepts or storyboarding. Obviously no where near the amount they had when they actually made 2d films but I'm sure they still have a use for a handful. Those guys are probably the cream of the crops tho so I assume it'd be tough to get a job there.
>>
>>2757077

they won't hire anyone (at least as an animator) who doesn't have significant life drawing experience in their portfolio
>>
You better practice EXCESSIVE gesture and expression. Not just facial expressions, either; full-body excessive expression.

You'd be better off studying these and just starting your own animation channel on Youtube, though. Disney is picky and pays pretty low wages.
>>
>>2757040
If you want to work for disney you can'g just be really good, they have VERY high standards. Like they almost exclusively hire young prodigies fresh in or just out of college. So if you're in college now and you aren't good enough, I guarantee you'll never work for Disney. That doesn't mean you won't eventually be good but you just have to be realistic about your goals.
>>
>>2760262
Yes you say that but calarts and modern cartoons exists
>>
>>2757035
>do I have to get good with traditional medium first?

Yes.
>>
ignore him, you don't have to be good at traditional medium first.
you can start at digital painting first.
drawing and painting is the same doesn't matter which medium it's on
>>
>>2760419
yeah but it's way easier to start traditional, there's less of an initial investment, and it's way easier to make mistakes that you don't understand with digital (simply hitting hotkeys you're unfamiliar with)
>>
>>2757035
Write a letter to mister Disney. EZ.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.