[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw addicted to buying supplies >"ill start drawing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

File: 1429158042759.png (183KB, 370x359px) Image search: [Google]
1429158042759.png
183KB, 370x359px
>tfw addicted to buying supplies
>"ill start drawing tomorrow, i swear"
>i still dont draw
>>
>>2756305
Never gonna make it.
>>
>Can't draw
>Wasting money on stuff you don't even need
You are doing it wrong my dude.
>>
>>2756305
This isn't one of those boards where nobody actually does shit, dude, you need to get your ass in gear or just fuck off.
>>
>>2756314
>implying

at least 1/3 of this board is shitposters that don't even draw
>>
>>2756324
>1/3
try 90%
>>
>>2756324
>>2756357
Well.

They should fuck off.
>>
>>2756305
I am guessing you have nice art supplies which might be making the problem worse. Use newsprint and make shitty quicksketches out of random things you see on boards and videos. Steve Huston said it is important for beginners to get into the habit of starting drawings, finishing them shouldn't be the focus.
>>
I have the same problem, I genuinely like having a bunch of different pencils

Still use newsprint and printer paper tho
>>
File: 1479782375736.jpg (2MB, 1436x2323px) Image search: [Google]
1479782375736.jpg
2MB, 1436x2323px
>>2756305
Advice: don't buy anything else until you're good enough to post in at least the /beg/ thread. Then you can start using better materials and branching out and shit, but until then stop wasting your money
>>
>>2756305
Buy a 2mm leadholder some leads and an eraser
That's all you need
>>
I used to compulsively buy sketchbooks and over the years I just have like, 30 unfilled sketchbooks.

Had to make it a New Year's goal to start filling them up.
>>
>>2756728
charcoal though
>>
>>2756748
Nigga probably can't even hold a pencil correctly charcoal is out of his league
>>
This is the definition of putting the cart before the horse. You only buy stuff if you've got a project specifically planned out and need it. You want to get into drawing? Buy a pencil, kneaded eraser, and a piece of printer paper. Getting to the point where not everything you try to draw belongs in the beginner thread? Get some tombows and a decent quality sketchbook, or maybe some conte's and smooth newsprint. Work on drawing well for a year.

You've gotten good at drawing and want to paint now? Buy some cheap 9 x 12 canvas panels, a decent size brush to cover large area, a 4 round, and a tube of burnt umber and a tube of white. Do that for another year along with drawing. 2 years of art supplies right there, get you through drawing and monochrome painting. Congratulations on gitting gud.

Alternatively, buy a large intuos and stop fucking buying shit until you're good enough to have some sense about it. Or just never buy anything else at all and stay digital because you really don't have to buy anything.

Of course, bothering to lay this out to you is pointless because you're aware of how retarded you are, and you've made peace with the fact that you're willing to shit your own pants and sit in it. Quit deluding yourself, whatever is going on in your head doesn't matter. Thinking about drawing does not make you an artist. The things you actually do in the world are what should define you to yourself. Hold yourself accountable for your actions.

Would you rather be Michelangelo with a package of crayons, or a lazy hack with a bunch of expensive colours, and pens?
>>
>>2756305
you're one of those people who likes telling people he draws when he doesn't lmao

what are u doing with yourself
>>
File: 1480079592778.jpg (85KB, 633x738px) Image search: [Google]
1480079592778.jpg
85KB, 633x738px
>>2756767
the black friday deals doe
>>
>>2756765

>Of course, bothering to lay this out to you is pointless because you're aware of how retarded you are

You're mad at nothing, dude. Why are you so angry at literally nothing?

>Hold yourself accountable for your actions.

Why is /ic/ so eager to over compensate in their powerlessness over absolutely nothing?

Just calm down and be like, "Damn, I did that shit once too."
>>
>>2756783
>Just calm down and be like, "Damn, I did that shit once too."
not that anon, but I never did that shit. I scribbled with crayons then pencils then got into paints in high school and my stash of supplies steadily grew as I took on new projects and media. and he's right anyway, why bother telling OP how he's retarded when OP already knows what his problem is?
>>
Just use your stuff. Don't even try to make anything good. Just try to make something. Your supplies are only wasted when you don't use them.
>>
>>2756742
Nothing wrong with that. I only have 6 unfilled in various media, but it gives me more reason to draw because I'm not afraid to fuck up and waste paper. I have sketchbooks and journals to spare and filling them is fun, especially knowing I'm not going to run out and have to pay the jew's price.
>>
>>2756783

I'm not mad. The guy is coming here to admit that he's doing something wrong and can't make the necessary changes on his own. He's stuck in a rut. Do you think I should pat him on the back and tell him everything's fine or should I light a fire under his ass and try to motivate him to change?

"Oh no, it's okay buddy we've all done that, haha, here's some social validation to reinforce your negative behavior, exactly what you need, carry on."
>>
>>2756305
yep, I wound up with more mechanical pencils than I should use
>>
File: 1469539276196.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469539276196.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
guys theres a black friday sale do i do it? this is the last time im gonna do it, i swear
>>
Thank god I got over that.
I still suck at drawing because I never practice.
I still buy 4B or 6B pencils though since I still prefer to make notes by hand and those pencils are fucking sweet to write and doodle with.
>>
oh man I know a guy like that. always buys the flashiest shit and then talks about his new hobby for a month and then we never hear or see of it again. he also quits vidya every 6 months and says he'll never touch it again. it always pains me to see top notch equipment in the hands of an incompetent idiot
>>
>>2756305
I was the same for about 10 years. My tip is to just get started, but sincerely expect yourself to be total shit. buy a sketchbook (you probably own one already) and do a scribble or doodle each day before bedtime. even if you only draw for 5 minutes the goal is to get lines down on paper.
Second step happens naturally and that is you get used to being shit, so you're no longer afraid to be disappointed when you pick up a pencil. After that you're free to learn how to draw. you're welcome.
>>
File: 1477102821904.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1477102821904.gif
2MB, 400x224px
My big mistake was spending like $80 on some good quality watercolors, my philosophy was "might as well get quality tools!" since I've heard if there's any point you should just go in it's when it comes to pigment.

I've probably used them maybe 10 times since I bought them half a year ago though.
>>
>>2757448

Don't you find those hardnesses smudge / rub off like shit when it comes to note taking?

I can't take notes in anything but pen nowadays.
>>
File: 1472638737285.jpg (5KB, 255x198px) Image search: [Google]
1472638737285.jpg
5KB, 255x198px
>>2757707
>10 years
>>
>>2757422
why is that image so funny jej
>>
File: 7.png (402KB, 1920x1080px)
7.png
402KB, 1920x1080px
>>2757723
very true, it get's anoying in a while. I prefer using ball pen for notes.
>>
SAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2756324
That's still a hell of a lot less than other boards. I'm pretty sure only like 4 people in /o/ actually own cars.
>>
File: 1373235148005.jpg (65KB, 476x594px)
1373235148005.jpg
65KB, 476x594px
>>2757974
>>
>>2757974
Kek
>>
File: Capture.jpg (61KB, 796x482px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
61KB, 796x482px
>>2757974

My hardiest of chuckles (because it's true).
>>
I'm already drawing, but I never buy supplies but I keep thinking they will be shit and end up leaving them.

I've fucked myself so many times from getting some coloring pencils, all I draw is black and white, I wanna start learning color but I never trust them.

You guys can help with that?
>>
>>2756305
Wait till you spend over $200 on Ellipse guides

Hella useful though.
>>
>>2759122
Not really, half the supplies I buy tend to be garbage and I end up tossing them.
>>
>>2756360
das not nice
>>
>>2759122
W&N has a little 12 or 14 color box of pans in their student line of watercolors (cotman, I think) that I use when I work outside. They do the job. You have to get good paper and a brush or two, but it's hard to beat ~30 dollars getting you in the door with so few compromises.

Watercolor is a bitch and you will be shit unless you study a lot of the fundamental technique before you start, though. The learning curve is hateful, but once you get the gist of it, it does almost all the work itself.

Or just buy a chinktablet and go digital. Pans and paper add up fast and cost more over a year than a tablet does in its lifetime.
>>
>>2757078
>Do you think I should pat him on the back and tell him everything's fine or should I light a fire under his ass and try to motivate him to change?
There's miles between being encouraging and motivating, and being an antagonistic abrasive cunt, because
>"Of course, bothering to lay this out to you is pointless"
Is not a case of the former

But this is /ic/, and pointless histility disguised as beneficial encouragement is the norm
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.