[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I force myself into putting more time into learning to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 1394371141892033.jpg (74KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
1394371141892033.jpg
74KB, 500x502px
How do I force myself into putting more time into learning to draw? And I mean forcing myself so I can move on for fucks sake
>>
>>2756158
Just do it. There's no secret to sitting down and working, you just have to sit down and work.
>>
>>2756169
My brain rejects any desire to work. Sure I can force myself into drawing lines but to actually learn - you have to set your mind correctly. I dont know how.
>>
>>2756173
Try talking to a doctor. If you really can't make yourself do it, if it's not just laziness, then you may have a learning disorder or some other mental problem.
>>
>>2756158
>>2756173

You may be underestimating the amount of conscious thought that's required for an inexperienced artist to actually produce something.

Don't just expect pictures to magically fall out of the end of your pen.
>>
>>2756173
So youre a lazy fuck.
Growing up usually fixes this
>>
>>2756158
Stop drawing by yourself!!
Avoid the NEET artist thing!
Having other people around you helps keeping yourself in check.

Join an art meetup offline or livestream your art online. You can even participate in a multistreams.

Pay a tutor to come to your house.
>>
If you get distracted alone but did well in school, take classes or join groups. Maybe the other people or the environment kept you in the zone to learn and apply this to art.

If you had a hard time paying attention in school regardless, you might have a learning disability or such and may want to talk to a doctor. Getting these things nipped early will save you a lot of time down the time.

If you're unwilling or can't pay for such a thing, you really, really, really should structure your personal learning time. This means doing douchey things like planning goals on a calendar, setting chunks of your days into hour segments with breaks between where you do nothing but work and then fuck off and then work again.

The last one is that discipline thing, May work. May not.

Whatever saves you the trouble of regretting not working hard enough later, do that now.
>>
>>2756158
Draw things you like.
>>
>>2756254
Im 26 years old
>>
>>2756254
How do I grow up?
>>
>>2756158
create a habit out of it, by starting small. Pick a time out of your day that is "free" time, if you normally do something else at that time for fun, cut it out or move it to a different time or day. Then draw for as long as you can feel motivated to do so. Don't get angry at yourself if the most you can do is just 30 minutes or an hour. That's good enough to start for a habit.

Now everyday at or around that time, draw for that same amount. Keep doing this for at least 2 months the best you can. If you feel like you can go longer, then go longer.

You just need to get used to drawing OFTEN and CONSISTENTLY. Once the habit is formed, you can worry about the specifics of what and how to study.

Oh, and don't forget to have eaten something before you draw, or at least during a break. Food is fuel and all that.

Good luck anon.
>>
Ritalin.
>>
>>2756158
make a deal with a friend. drawing for me always was easy, but I fucking hate running. It's good to have someone to tell you to stop whining and just get out there.
>>
>>2756567

I'd like to clarify that this isn't a joke, if you are willing to take a chemical solution to your problem, that's the way to go. Go convince your doctor you have ADD.
>>
>>2756506
Not gonna make it
o
t

g
o
n
n
a

m
a
k
e

i
t
>>
>>2756567
>>2756589
Should try weed too
not even a keking stoner

just dealt with depression anxiety and ADHD my entire life and this has been the only thing to actually help.

Not that you necessarily need to draw while high, or even need to get high (CDB is more expensive but doesn't have psychoactive effects) Just having some once in a while can help you sleep better and have less demotivating thoughts.
>>
File: 1478880819679.jpg (291KB, 1280x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478880819679.jpg
291KB, 1280x1000px
drugs
>>
>>2756602
what is this
>>
Sit in a comfy chair.
Listen to music while drawing.
Increment the hours you work per week. (1-2 hours for week 1; 2-3 hours for week 2 and etc)
Minute breaks are fine.
>>
>>2756158
I started by reading 1 page from artbooks everyday. Slowly I started reading more and more. Now I can finish books easily.
>>
>>2756593

How are you supposed to study high? Can you actually learn anything while high?

Sativa or Indica? (I've never smoked before)
>>
Move out from your moms. Get a job and draw, your hatred for that life will make you draw more.
>>
>>2756158
>>2756173
Get in the habit of drawing first. Don't worry about conscious analysis and rigorous improvement until you are able to draw regularly. Even if it takes you a very long time to develop it as a habit, consistently drawing will make you learn, whether you recognize it or not. The problem most of the time is people don't just draw, so go and draw those lines.
>>
>>2759398
This, people just need to put in the time.
It's simple in hindsight, but a lot of people can't do it to save their life.
>>
>>2759398

Damn, what you said is true and great.
Sometimes I forget that I just need to not think and just draw.
>>
>>2756442

This is also good advice.
I swear to god sometimes I can only make art when I'm with other people. This never used to be a problem for me because ever since I can remember I always used to make art whether I was alone or not. In fact I used to make the most art when I was alone. Yet now I can barely bring myself to do more than doodle if I'm alone. I just don't have it in me anymore.

My situation is strange and a bit extreme though. I'm pretty sure I know why this happened to me, but it's a long story.
>>
>>2759480
I have the time. Do tell.
>>
>>2759483

Oh god.
I'll just give a short answer.

I used to love making art, I would doodle and draw nonstop all day. Then I joined a more "advanced" art program within Highschool and the whole process just sucked the love and motivation I had for art out of me. (This was the kind of program where you had to have a portfolio and take a test and blah blah..) School in general fucked me up but staying in that program for 2 years made things worse. A mixture of some of the teachers being shitty, not making friends with the kids in my art classes where the majority sort of shunned me because a girl said she thought I hated her (I didn't. And what's more annoying is that I got along with students that were in the other art classes that I wasn't in.), one of my friends being an abusive piece of shit that I couldn't bring myself to get rid of, stress from other classes because I have memory issues and on top of all of that I was severely mentally ill.

(Although I did get somewhat avenged during my last day in the program because after some sort of conversation these fuckers started spewing shitty remarks at me and this guy went "I fucking knew it! I knew you guys were racist!" and the art teacher went and told the technology teacher who came upstairs and got pissed off talking about how he realized why I didn't want to work in the same room as them during class.)

Anyway once Highschool was done I was pretty fucked up because I was becoming more and more mentally ill. I had a psychiatrist that I got sometime near halfway through Highschool but nothing was working for me. Then some /x/-tier bullshit went on and I went spiraling into extreme madness. After that something even worse happened and I completely lost my mind. I've been in and out of Mental Wards since 2013 and I'm still recovering from having so many mental breakdowns. But uh...as of the end of 2016, I think I'm in a much better place and a lot more sane.

/end blogpost
>>
>>2759502
post your merc
>>
File: WIN_20161129_03_33_58_Pro.jpg (230KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161129_03_33_58_Pro.jpg
230KB, 1280x720px
>>2759516

I don't really have anything set up to sell online.
Or to sell at all really. I just paint things, or draw things and leave them in my house. Sometimes I make paintings (or illustrations) for friends if they ask me to.

I thought about trying to make more art and maybe sell something, but I sort of forgot about doing that because I felt like there wasn't any point since I rarely make art anymore.

But here's a low quality photo of (part of) a painting I did, because I'm using my webcam.
>>
>>2759544

Okay I didn't completely realize just how the bad this photograph was until just now. I mean I wanted it to be kind of bad since I don't feel the urge to have a good photo of my painting flowing through the internet...but yeah.
>>
>>2759548

It's kinda cool drawing, fampai.
>>
>>2759570

Thanks Anon.
Although it's actually an oil painting. It looks much better in real life.
>>
>>2759571

What inspired you to make the painting? is it meant to represent something?
>>
>>2756158
Protip: posting this thread was a step in the wrong direction. If you sit there for a second, take a breath and actually fucking think, youll know the answer to your question and that youve been avoiding it for a while.

Time to grow up son. 26 is a little late in the game but hey, it beats never.
>>
>>2756608
its the boxes practice but with anime girls i'd guess
>>
File: ingress_SkipAway_dangerous.jpg (51KB, 899x692px) Image search: [Google]
ingress_SkipAway_dangerous.jpg
51KB, 899x692px
URHGAAUGH!!!

JAP'S PIG FACE, INGRESS's SkipAway. :)
>>
>>2759398
makes you think
>>
>>2759575

Well it was made as a final project for the class I was in (people chose what they wanted to make for it. I was the only one with a large oil painting.) While coming up with the design I just thought about what I draw the most in my spare time/what I like, which would be trees and eyes. I drew a bunch of thumbnails and eventually came up with that weird red eyeball tree as the final design (made sure to think of the eyeballs to be more like fruit instead of leaves.) I wanted it too look unnatural, so I made sure not to use any green or browns within the tree (may have accidentally made some green though.) I have to admit I don't completely remember what it was supposed to represent. It was something like "Humanity is natural/unnatural.", something about the relationship between what we perceive to be natural or unnatural towards life and humanity as a whole.

(Sorry for the late reply. I was busy until just now.)
>>
>>2756158
Are you depressed? If you are not depressed you should set realistic goals and draw what you are capable of. Better to draw a boring apple than not drawing anything.
>>
>>2756158

Get a job
Move out

The lack of free time will make you want to make the most of it.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.