[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just wanna let you all know that Clip Studio Paint/ Manga St

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: br3dfmvB.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
br3dfmvB.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
Just wanna let you all know that Clip Studio Paint/ Manga Studio is on sale. It'll be on sale for the next three days.
Get em while you can d/ic/ks!
http://www.clipstudio.net/en
>>
it's about the only software I've ever payed for.(jp version)
>>
Damn, 50 is already a pretty good deal. I might consider picking it up because Krita is too bloated for my work laptop and photoshop's animation tools are abysmal. Does it work with Huion tablets?
>>
I live in India, I don't if the exchange rate will fuck me over or not. May as well just pirate it.
>>
>>2755759
shame they denied me a credit card this week. again.

i think i'll just keep pirating shit as everybody else does over here.
>>
I got the EX version about a year ago, during a similar sale.

Normally would just stick with the PRO(normal) version, but this is the only software I've used that I wanted to go the extra mile to support.
>>
this work well with a XP-Pen Artist22?
>>
Is the pose model stuff any good?
>>
>>2756754
It's laggy garbage (probably because Smith Micro also publishes Poser, and doesn't want people to drop it in favor of what CSP has built in), so use something like Designdoll instead.
>>
It´s on sale all the fucking time to trick people into buying it btw. You need to sign up to buy it and an email will remind you atleast once a month that it is on sale again.

It´s still a great software. Make it a habbit to quick save alot because it crashes sometimes.
>>
File: gemgtech.jpg (1MB, 3541x5016px) Image search: [Google]
gemgtech.jpg
1MB, 3541x5016px
>>2755773
Like a charm, senpai.

Have been using my old huion for the last 4 years with it. Never knew of any uncompatible tablets.
>>
>>2756793
You have problems with it crashing? I've never had that except once when my computer was having crashing problems on its own and crashed itself while I had it open. Since that one time I've never had the program itself actually crash or lock up or anything on me.
>>
>>2756830
It crashes rarely but when it does it´s terrible. Clip Studio has no background auto-save option like Photoshop + your file might end up corrupted.
>>
For the last 3 yrs, I've been neeting 6 hrs a day with CSP. Not a single crash.
>>
>>2756932
That does suck about it not having a back up, I never knew that. But I'm pretty much like >>2756940 I use it almost all day long every day like literally just open it as soon as I turn on my computer and have it open using it on and off until I go to sleep. Sometimes I sketch for 30+ minutes before hitting save, I've never had it crash on my except that one time my computer crashed in general.
>>
>>2756932
What's your OS. I think CSP and PS are hardware accelerated, meaning if your graphics card is screwy or non existent it might mess things up.
>>
You guys reminded me that I bought this a while ago. I downloaded it on my laptop, but I can't seem to find it now. When I'm trying to re-download it on my PC the link is not working. How do I re-download this shit?
>>
Bought it today. Navigating the interface is taking a lot of getting used to but holy FUCK I like how the brushes are actually organized in tabs by the media they represent or their utility (watercolors/inks/etc.). Why the hell can't other programs do it like this? Photoshop and Krita are both a clusterfuck in comparison (though you can organize the stuff yourself after the fact-a lot of times it's pretty hard to say what you're going to get with a given brush until you use it). I'm really looking forward to trying this program out more, especially the animation feature (please don't suck).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn6eQ_-6ehk

I'm also content with how I could install it on both my home and work computer without getting crucified by CELSYS.

Any recommended plugins/brush packs, fambinos?
>>
To new folks with CSP, make sure you update to the 1.6 version coming in mid-December.

This version has the coveted updates that the japanese version had which include:

Bunch of new blending modes, including color mode (finally right?)

Setting Opacity to pen pressure (fucking finally)

Game changers for us longtime CSP users.
>>
>>2757268
Fucking sweet. I'm still new to the program but those sound easy enough to get used to having come from photoshop.
>>
>>2756780

I only have a macbook(was a gift from an uncle) so no design doll for me.
>>
>>2757268
Aw yeah baby
>>
>>2757268
Plus a bunch of new materials, including 3D models, like the japanese always had.
>>
>>2757232
I like Frenden's brush pack, and you can look around DA for artists sharing their personal brush sets.

This program is amazing for lineart, post correction and vector layers have saved my ass innumerable times.
>>
Won't there be bigger discounts on december?
I remember it goes up to 75%.
>>
>>2757440
No go-I mean no boy--get it now! While supplies last!
>>
>>2757268
so if I buy it no, do I have to pay again for the update in december?
>>
>>2757806
Update is free, but it's a big one you don't want to miss. Go ahead and buy now.

CSP english updates are sporadic and quietly done, just a heads up for these key features.
>>
Is the EX version worth it?

Not into making manga but I might try making animation on it.
>>
>>2757268
Question, I already have it, but I didn't buy it I borrowed a copy from a good friend and just downloaded it, updates don't recognize if yours was purchased or not right?
>>
>>2758466
The animation tools aren't as advanced as any of the full-fledged animating programs (obviously), but I find them a lot more intuitive and easier to use than PS's animation tools.
>>
>>2758471
You mean they lent you their license key? Yeah, you can still update just fine. The license keys can be used across three computers.
>>
>>2757268
came here to try and make up my mind whether to buy it
>color mode
>Opacity
welp

time to uninstall a bunch of shit
>>
>>2758559

I don't understand, can some smart person explain how density in clip studio differs from opacity in photoshop?
>>
>>2758563
Density = flow
>>
I dont know how they do it but the line smoothing feature in this is the best ive ever used. There no feeling of lag of loss of control
>>
>>2756932
>Clip Studio has no background auto-save option like Photoshop + your file might end up corrupted.
Serious? That's such a basic useful feature, I can't imagine any software in their right mind would skip programming it.

Google searching it, there seems to be mention of an autosave in the CSP manual?
>>
File: csp backup folder.png (88KB, 952x556px) Image search: [Google]
csp backup folder.png
88KB, 952x556px
>>2756932
>>2758655
It does have an auto-save.
>>
>>2758563
as
>>2758574
said, it is the same as flow in photoshop.
This means that the opacity is applied to each brush tip and not the brush stroke.
Practically flow gives you a brush with softer edges, because, depending on the brush tip, in some area there is less overlapping, hence lower opacity.
>>
>>2758644
This! I used to ink in SAI on my Intuos, thinking "this is as good as it gets on a conventional tablet". Was seriously considering buying a 22" Contiq just in the hopes it would speed up and improve my line work. But then CSP came on sale for like 15 bucks and I thought I'd test it out. Didn't particularly think it was amazing.... except for the inking!! Holy heck, CSP saved the a fuck ton of money, feel no big thirst for that Cintiq now! Not even joking, inking feels amazing, SAI is shit compared to it! How ever I still enjoy SAI a lot for sketching and coloring/painting, so I won't get rid of that program either.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.