[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you have 6 days to build your portfolio for a university

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

>tfw you have 6 days to build your portfolio for a university
I fucked up my dudes, do I even have a chance?
Have to do minimum of 15 observational drawings
>>
>6 days x 24 hours = 144 hours
Yeah, plenty of time.
>>
>>2754597
Skip class for the next week and it's definitely possible as long as you set out a daily schedule for yourself.
>>
depends, post work
>>
>>2754597
>15 observational drawings

on an estimated of 4 hours per drawing, 15 drawings equal 60 hours.

60 hours / 6 days equals ten hours per day.

there are exactly ten hours on each day between 4pm and 2am.

Start drawing now and finish at least two drawings each day. Fuck off.
>>
>>2754597
In art colleges there are going to be Prof. that ask more than that, to be delivered in less time.
>>
>>2754597
Get to it bro. draw draw draw! (or paint paint paint)
>>
>>2754597
just draw 15 drawings. your 1st is gonna be just as good as your 15th so no point in trying to kill yourself becoming a master artist in 6 days
>>
>>2754597
Stop posting on /ic/ and fucking draw you idiot
>>
ITT: GTFO OP AND DRAW NOW

Other than that: do people seriously do this? Everybody that I knew that went for architecture studies went every damn week for a year if not 2 to atelier to take classes and build portfolio for the uni.

Hell, a girl that sat in the desk behind me did this for 2 years and every friday she had to take bus from my city (she lived in a village like 5 km from it) to the bigger city situated 60 km from it. Other people who were even more serious went 140 km to the uni city and took classes that were taught by professors that taught architecture at the uni,

So why the fuck people who want to go to art university don't do that ever? Why?
>>
Did you give up yet?
>>
>>2754597
not gonna make it
>>
>>2755332
>build portfolio for the uni
Do you mean they were building up their portfolio to gain a place in the uni, or part of uni assignment/work instead?
>>
>>2754597
What country/what school?

If you can demonstrate you have a good technical skills and creativity you could be in luck
>>
>>2756249

For the uni, as OP. You need to submit portfolio for art studies, but also for architecture.
>>
>need to finish one sketch and 3 gesture drawings in a week
What do, bros?
>>
>>2756400

Is it /ic/ equivalent of "200 words essay for tomorrow" meme?
>>
>>2754597
Look up other portfolio examples, but really the purpose of a portfolio is an overview of you skills, so I'd just do my daily studies in less messy way and in 6 days you can have a few pieces on observation, gesture, construction, proportion/anatomy studies, notes on different animal types (Dynamic Bible) etc.
Focus on what you're applying for, show them that you are curious about exploring the world around you, use different mediums. If you're in high school just tell them you have a fever and take a week off to draw.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.