[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tutoring art-book >lesson: Basically do pic related What

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: d6d.jpg (27KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
d6d.jpg
27KB, 600x488px
>Tutoring art-book
>lesson: Basically do pic related
What do /ic/, is not giving me enough instructions but it doesn't feel right to just skip it.
>>
>>2752689
Stop looking for step by step instructions to symbol draw your way through a portfolio and draw from life you fucking wuss.
>>
What's the book?

Also most of the time when you see stuff like pic related it just cuts out the "render it", because if you detailed every part of the rendering it'd take fucking forever and if you don't understand construction and skip to renedering it'll look shit anyway.

Honestly of this one the first four are all you need for you to comprehend how to get an owl on paper, the rest is rendering.
>>
just draw you stupid shit

do you think artists had step by step instructions 400 years ago
>>
>>2752705

They usually apprenticed under experienced artists.
>>
>>2752707
>They usually apprenticed under experienced artists
Which had secret step-by-step instructions, amirite?
>>
>>2752712

It's a retarded comparison given the relative rarity of art books compared to now and the apprentice-master style of learning practiced by artists 400 years ago.

But yes I'd imagine an apprentice would have some instruction that was taught in phases like literally every other fucking skill on earth.
>>
>>2752713
>But yes I'd imagine an apprentice would have some instruction that was taught in phases like literally every other fucking skill on earth.
What, you mean like perspective, construction, basic forms, color theory, composition, etc?
Oh wait, you're expecting a book to hold your hand and literally tell you which lines to draw in which order.

Read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>2752718

>What, you mean like perspective, construction, basic forms, color theory, composition, etc?

That doesn't sound like "just draw you stupid shit"
>>
>>2752718
>perspective, construction, basic forms

Any even mildly competent step-by-step instruction can introduce these fundamentals, the whole origin of the "draw the rest of the fucking owl" meme is that normies couldn't figure out construction and basic forms and placed too high an emphasis on the rendering stage.
>>
>>2752739
Yes, it does.

Read the sticky and fuck off.
>>
>>2752739
Draw, then consult books for advice when things aren't looking right. Very few art books are meant to be gone through in a linear fashion.
>>
>>2752742

>Read the sticky and fuck off.

Reading the sticky isn't just drawing either anonymous. Have you revised your shitty advice?
>>
>>2752752
>Reading the sticky isn't just drawing
It is you stupid fuck.

>hurr durr book not tell me what do I confus pls information
Just draw the fucking assignment you imbecile.
>b-b-ut I don't understand
That's the fucking point, you utter fucking moron. You learn by doing.
Just fucking draw it.

>inb4 response
Just fuck off, you will not make it, you are literally too stupid to draw.
>>
>>2752756
*BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
>>
File: doggo (2).jpg (20KB, 653x435px) Image search: [Google]
doggo (2).jpg
20KB, 653x435px
>>2752756

>It is you stupid fuck.

It's reading the sticky, that's categorically not just drawing.

The only thing that is just drawing is just drawing.

How stupid are you my friend?
>>
>>2752689
Post more owl for science.
>>
>>2752756
Show us what /ic/ thought you, you pussy
>>
>>2752766
this is embarrassing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.