[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of black magic did they use to make digital drawing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: SketchBook_Lockup.png (103KB, 2869x832px) Image search: [Google]
SketchBook_Lockup.png
103KB, 2869x832px
What kind of black magic did they use to make digital drawing feel so fucking perfect?
>use photoshop and krita
>hate digital drawing want to go back to traditional media
>try sketchbook
>never want to go back again
>>
How's it so perfecto for you?
The only thing I get from Sketchbook is that they have a default pencil emulating brush.
>>
>>2750677
Maybe it's the pencil brush you mentioned. But even beyond that everything is so intuitive and perfectly made for drawing purposes. Like I get nothing tops photoshop in painting but holy shit nothing tops sketchbook in drawing.
>>
>>2750680
>nothing tops Photoshop in painting
Just about everything tops Photoshop in painting, dude, it's ass by today's standards. No real blending, no underpainting options, terrible emulation of traditional, list goes on.

It's good for photo editing. So I end up shoving images in there to resize them anyway. Point is it became an industry standard in a time where there was no real competition and otherwise serves as a comfortable jack of all trades program.
>>
Now that they added hotkey customization, they just need to make flipping NOT physically mirror the canvas like in photoshop and make it work off of screen center instead of canvas center, and give you the option to set up the actual pressure curve, and yeah, it's basically perfect.

The flipping BS is a deal-breaker for me, though.
>>
>>2750693
What do you mean with no real blending and no underpainting options? I don't disagree I just want to know. What's the best painting software in your opinion?
>>
>>2750693
>Point is it became an industry standard in a time where there was no real competition and otherwise serves as a comfortable jack of all trades program.
People mistake "industry standard" to mean it's a good software for painting, when it is industry standard because of its photo editing features.

As far as painting goes, it's mediocre, with some bullshit things that should have been fixed years ago, but its photo editing features will save you hours and hours of work when working in an industry setting.
And I'm not even talking about textures and photobashing, but the multitude of warping and color balance options and tools you have at your disposal.

If you're some kind of genius that gets everything right and never gets his works sent back 20 times with instructions to change a bunch of shit, photoshop is a waste of time and even kinda shitty, but for normal people being able to warp that fully rendered arm you just noticed was completely fucked up the whole time back into proper perspective and proportion instead of having to repaint the whole thing is a life-saver.
>>
>>2750674
I love it too, the only thing that sucks dick is that they went monthly subscription mode. :( But besides that its just awesome for sketching
>>
Have you tried mypaint, OP? It has a decent pencil emulation too
>>
>>2750674
Why not just draw on pencil/paper? I've tried every pencil brush in every program and it all feels like ass because I can't get the best control for the side/chisel tip.
>>
>>2750696
>What's the best painting software in your opinion?

I'm in buttlove with Corel, but it has significant problems.
>>
>>2750769
Don't want the extra cleaning work after scanning.
>>
>>2750674
Is it worth the pirating, guys? Or should I just keep pushing my photoshop skills?
>>
>Sketchbook shill
new low
>>2750851
No. It's program for tablets. It has only one good feature - Scott Robertson perspective tools. That's all
>>
>>2750772
Then learn to scan better. It's not hard.
>>
>>2750771
What are the major problems with Corel?
>>
>>2750852
What the fuck are you talking about amateur. Its super legit for sketching you humongous faggot.
Sketchbook shill, huion shill, artcenter shill. What the fuck are you retards getting in your heads in here, jesus christ no wonder none of you ever made it.
>>
>>2750859
A scan will never be as crisp as a digital drawing from scratch. At least not without a complete line rework.
>>
>>2750868
fuck off (jew)
>>
>>2750869
You are doing it wrong.
>>
>>2750894
There are other advantages too. Inking is way faster digitally and you don't need to be careful.

Scanning a sketch is pure preference. There is no real advantage to doing that over just sketching in sketchbook.
>>
>>2750891
Stay mad and never make it :)
>>
>>2750868
LMAO retard. Post screens how your brush settings looks like in yor sketchbook trash. This shitty program doesn't even have half options of SAI2
>amateur
Do you really want me to post my work? You will be completely demolished
>>
>>2750868
>>2750891
hahahaha this was funny. honesly i laughed out and that only happens when am on /pol/

thanks dicks
>>
>>2750674
I use the android version on m phone, it's pretty great, it has the best pen and "hair" brush I've come across so far
>>
>>2750950
try a infinite paint it's good
>>
>>2750674
Can you show difference in your work?
>>
>>2750925
Yes, post your work
>>
>>2750674
>>2750680

I am kinda new but, could you not find a pencil brush that is just as good for Photoshop? Looks like Photoshop has a lot of people making brushes for it.
>>
File: WP_20161121_21_55_37_Pro.jpg (999KB, 1200x1777px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161121_21_55_37_Pro.jpg
999KB, 1200x1777px
>>2750978
>>
>>2751000
Well i cant say that thats bad, youre still a faggot tho.
>>
>>2751000
>>2751012
trips kek
>>
I like infinite painter on my galaxy note pro 12.2 tablet, bought a pen from bamboo... its great.
>>
>>2750925
>This shitty program doesn't even have half options of SAI2
Nigga, it might actually have more options. In fact, I'm pretty sure it does.
>>
File: 24325365464.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
24325365464.webm
1MB, 800x450px
>>2751087
Can you post brush settings in 2016 version?
My 2015 looks like shit compared to PS or Manga Studio. Webmrelated is MS5
>>
File: brush.jpg (86KB, 560x1692px) Image search: [Google]
brush.jpg
86KB, 560x1692px
>>2751106
>doesn't even have half options of SAI2
>that's not true
>well these other programs have more
CSP is possibly the best art software on the market right now, and I honestly have no idea what about PS' brush engine is better than sketchbook's, I'd say it's the other way around.

Even against CSP, sketchbook holds pretty well.
CSP brush engine handles textures better than anything else on the market, and it has the ability to use a sequence of brush tips and the spray engine.
On the other hand, CSP lacks basic things like a fucking "color" blending mode.

I don't have the new one because lolnocrack
Also, while technically not a brush option, in sketchbook you can set up ranges for hue, value and saturation randomization, which can be pretty nice.
>>
File: aXm9797xjU.jpg (51KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm9797xjU.jpg
51KB, 650x650px
ahahahaha like any of you faggots actually needs to use so many brush options. jesus christ. PS is good if you want to paint, sketchbook is dope for sketching what the fuck dont you understand. If you want to be autistic use krita, if you think muh nippon animu desu kawaii then use fucking clitpaint and if you draw furries or are poor pirate sai. ffs
>>
>>2750959
Didn't know about it, I will check it out
>>
>>2751215

>if you draw furries or are poor pirate sai. ffs

If you are poor, doesn't it make more sense to pirate Photoshop? It's the most expensive software out of the ones mentioned here.
>>
>>2751255
Because it's not the best.
>>
>>2751255
You're not gonna flip the shit you pirated, anon, it doesn't matter how expensive it is.
>>
>>2751000
oh shit D:
>>
>>2751159
What do you mean about "color" blending mode?
>>2751215
Are you pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>2751336
>What do you mean about "color" blending mode?
The blending mode called "color" that is present in PS, Krita, Sketchbook, etc. that is often used when painting over grayscale underpaintings.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.